Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
relyt

multiplaying

hiya well i have a ? to ask the mods multing useing 2 chars at once i no its illlegal but i wanna no is it only illegal if the chars help eachother and trade with eachother? or is it sitll illegal if u play 2 chars at once but they dont do anything to eachother or near eachother? just wanna no the answer :P

(SORRY ABOUT MY POOR SPELLING)

-relyt

Edited by relyt

Can you possibly rephrase your post? It's complete mess. Make not much sense.

Is it about mods using two chars and muting with both? Or is it about you using two chars and talking in channel with second when the first got muted?

If this is a question about illegal multiplayingI think the rules under button F5 are quite clear. Just spend some time reading for them.

Can you possibly rephrase your post? It's complete mess. Make not much sense.

Is it about mods using two chars and muting with both? Or is it about you using two chars and talking in channel with second when the first got muted?

If this is a question about illegal multiplayingI think the rules under button F5 are quite clear. Just spend some time reading for them.

my ? is about is mutling i no its illegal if they help or trade eachother but i wanna no is it illegal to play 2 chars at once and have them not do anything with eachother?

I guess you mean muling, not muting/mutling/whatever.

According to rules muling to help oneself is illegal. Best option is to avoid any interaction (contacts) between your characters. Good habit is to keep them on different maps.

If your both characters are sitting next to, e.g. Raven, and both are mixing - it's fishy.

One note: using bags to trade or middlemen is still illegal.

Regards,

Ansh

PS. Good idea would be changing the topic title to something more precise.

Edited by Anshar

According to rules muling to help oneself is illegal. Best option is to avoid any interaction (contacts) between your characters. Good habit is to keep them on different maps.

If your both characters are sitting next to, e.g. Raven, and both are mixing - it's fishy.

Regards,

Ansh

thanck u for answering part of my ?:P

the other thing i mean is it illlegal for someone to play 2 chars at once and the chars dont contact with eachother? such as one harvesting and one training?

Edited by relyt

Regards,

Ansh

thanck u for answering part of my ?:P

the other thing i mean is it illlegal for someone to play 2 chars at once and the chars dont contact with eachother? such as one harvesting and one training?

I think I've already answered you on this question as well. As long as such two chars do NOT contact in any way *EVER* it is NOT illegal.

Btw Relyt you never used to type in such a dissgraceful manner. I find it very immature and childish.

:/ ya lol my typeing has gone down hill same for my spelling :P

Me and Zoya play alot on same IP because she is my girlfriend and we play at my house or at her house (depend where we are at that time) we do not trade or anything, but maybe sit next to each other to mix is posible at some time. As long as we dont trade everythings is good right? Just curious when u said it's fishy if we sit next to each other mixing or w/e.

I've always been wondering about this:

I make an alt named player y, my friend makes an alt player x.

My friend's alt helps me, and my alt helps him. Theoretical we aren't interacting with our own character?

My friend's alt helps me, and my alt helps him. Theoretical we aren't interacting with our own character?

agreed theoretically that is ok...

But realistically there is no way to know (unless I'm mistaken) if it is like this, or that one player is constantly giving things to the other (muling)....

Though as far as I know there is no harm in 2 players online from 1 IP as long as there is no ineraction.

Its illegal, a bit hard to catch.

Its illegal because you are using an alternate character to accomplish a task in relation to your main (the task being helping your friend)

:angry: The people using alts to mule make it hard for people like me and sMooMs who want to play with our loved :hug::wub: ones.

Me and my wife have feared playing EL together since one infamous day when Entropy got Very upset about people muling and brought up the character possession wiping as a penalty for trading between characters running on the same IP address. Sadly, I think our relationship has suffered due to not doing projects together in EL. Now, she reads and I play EL and we don't interact during that time. :happy:

People being over-obsessed enough to cheat the game by muling and such....it is ridiculous. :P They need to go for a walk or something and not live so much in the game. :mean:

I normally play with 2 characters on at the same time, and I keep them separated, usually on different maps even. Sometimes it is very tempting to do a quick trade between the characters, for example, when you have been making thread on one of the chars and ran out of thread manuing on the other.

Me and Zoya play alot on same IP because she is my girlfriend and we play at my house or at her house (depend where we are at that time) we do not trade or anything, but maybe sit next to each other to mix is posible at some time. As long as we dont trade everythings is good right? Just curious when u said it's fishy if we sit next to each other mixing or w/e.

Got the same issue here. RotationZ is my boyfriend, and though he plays more than me, we do play together on my IP. furthermore he plays at his home, now and then, and he plays often when i'm working (i sell pot in a coffeeshop (woot holland!) and we got 2 pc's there on which he likes to play EL or work when i'm serving 'coffee')

but when we are both online at my place, we do trade with eachother now and then, just like other people would do. we dont worry about playing from the same ip, and sometimes we do stuff together. but most of the time we mind our own business and just chat while playing :)

but it seems to me mods can tell we are to different persons, since we have a total different way of playing. and hey, we would be kind of crazy if we were 1 person, since we talk a lot to eachother.

I'm going to make an abstraction of the rules as they are now.

The rules should not forbid that two or more different persons can play at the same time, and even interact with each other, no matter what their physical location, technical network infrastructure, or whatever. What is the difference between your S/O sitting a few meters away or a few kilometers away? In a virtual world: nothing! If the rules don't allow this, the rules are wrong.

If the rules do allow this, while still forbidding illegal multiplaying by a single player, then the rules are good.

I am a positive person, and I'm sure the rules are not wrong. And I also believe the moderators are good people and will not blindly ban people from the same public IP address. They know about NAT and how it is used for private IP addresses in local networks, I'm sure about that. It's all about common sense.

I also believe the moderators .... will not blindly ban people from the same public IP address. They know about NAT and how it is used for private IP addresses in local networks, I'm sure about that. It's all about common sense.

I wish I was so confident. The problem that the mods have is that if more than one character is running from the same IP, there is no reliable way of telling if they are being used by one player or more. Sure, they can look at the logs, analyse the trades, style of play, etc., but that takes a lot of time that they probably feel could be better used elsewhere, and still comes down to a guess one way or the other in the end, since I believe there is no server record of pms.

My two sons are not allowed to trade with each other or with me and so far I haven't dared to trade with them if I've been at work and they at home (the IPs are conspicuously similar - same ISP). It's a shame it has to be this way, as it would be much more fun if we could work together.

does someone mind defining 'similar isp' and 'different isp'? are isp defined by the computer or the house or the internet service? sorry that i am lost. if this question is too general, then answer me these:

Is it still on same isp if:

-one house with 3 different computers , 1 internet service (either dial up or dsl)

-one house with 3 different computers, 3 different internet services (all either dial up or dsl)

-two houses with 2 different internet (all either dial up or dsl), 1 computer moved back in forth

-one house with 3 different computers, 3 different internet services (1 dial up, 2 dsl)

hopefully i can understand better after these.

Sund

isp = internet service provider (aol, msn, netzero, ect....)

IP = internet protocol address (i think thats how its spelled)

your ip adress is given to you from your isp not from your computer. no matter how many computers are conected, if they are connected through the same router they will have the same IP address.

some isp's have dynamic ip adresses, meaning everytime you disconect from them and reconect you will have a different IP adress. (AOL does this)

-one house with 3 different computers , 1 internet service (either dial up or dsl) same IP address

-one house with 3 different computers, 3 different internet services (all either dial up or dsl) 3 different services = 3 different IP adresses

-two houses with 2 different internet (all either dial up or dsl), 1 computer moved back in forth. the computer doesnt determine the IP so 2 different ip addresses, i have a laptop and i play from several differnt places at times so i use about 8 differnt ip addresses to play EL

-one house with 3 different computers, 3 different internet services (1 dial up, 2 dsl) again 3 different services = 3 different IP's (if you have this you could potentially illegal multi without getting caught but i wouldnt sugest trying it. im sure the ip would be similar enough to raise flags for the mods)

if any of this is wrong someone plz correct me but i do believe this is the answer to your question.

edit: it doubled my post for some reason 0.o

Edited by Happy_G

Suppose I made an alt, and used him just for messing about with ideas and stuff, never really seriously levelling etc. If I were to be playing, and my antisocial friend wanted a bunch of FP, I assume it would be OK to use my alt to buy FP on his behalf while I harvested coal?

Somehow therafter comes a scenario where each player has an alt that does odd jobs for the other, and presumably this would fall foul of the rules.

Not really making any comment, but thinking "out loud" and thinking how difficult it must be to make decisions regarding alt usage and illegal multiplay.

There are potentially 10 or more different people who might play from my ISP since I have children and grandchildren who use the computer at my house. Same with each of their home ISP's since any of us might be at each others homes. Not much I can do about having a big family at this late date. :icon13: