Eternal Lands Official Forums
redsoxlovr10

EL just not opening. [SOLVED]

Ok, i know theres alot bout server not working right now, but this is different, i click on eternal-lands to open up the game window, and nothing comes up at all, i clicked like a million times and still nothing, bug? :devlish:

Ok thnx, so its just the same issue everybody else is having, ok ill try again later, thnx.

Ummmm... yeah its been 9 hours since i last tried, and the window still won't open, and as far as i can tell there arnt any more problems with the server, wat is going on????!!!!

I only need 56 more magic xp till i lv to, waahhh i wana play! :P

Nothing at all happens, i click on the desktop icon, nothing comes up, i click from my computor files to open, nothing comes up either, the game window just isnt opening.

There is no contents of error_log.txt or anything, its just whenever i try and open the game up, nothing happens at all, its completly unresponsive.

EL is closing in linux , this is what i see running from console

/usr/local/games/el$ ./el-133.x86.linux.static

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0d12f8c8 ***

Abortado

My error_log.txt

[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_pain.caf: File not found
[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_idle1.caf: Invalid file format
[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_punch1.caf: File not found
[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_punch2.caf: File not found
[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_kick1.caf: File not found
[07:01:06] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_kick2.caf: File not found
[07:01:09] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"
[07:01:09] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates133/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com
[07:01:09] Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

Checking the files i see the player animations are corrupted now with zero size but is a pain to remove now...

i will try change the files and try conect later

Is possible the client tried update things and corrupted files yesterday?I dont know what kind of files he try get from server...

Matusalem: yep, that'd be it... it shouldn't double-free there, though.. It shouldn't try and update the animations.

redsoxlovr10: error_log.txt is in your EL install directory, if you're running windows, which you seem to be. Just follow the troubleshooting guide like everyone else.

Used fsck with --rebuild-tree and changed the corrupted files (only those are corrupted in my os) by files from de client pack. EL is running "but " this still in error_log.txt

[07:49:33] Cal3d error: ./animations/player_idle1.caf: Invalid file format

Last message repeated 11 times

[07:49:36] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[07:49:36] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates133/files.lst from www.eternal

-lands.com

[07:49:36] Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

/home/renato/.elc/error

Wooohhooo, i reinstalled it and its working now, thnx, to bad i lost my chat logs and counters n stuff tho...thnx for all those who helped me on this.

(P.S: Why does the game take over an hour to download now, i remember it used to only take like 20 min.)