Eternal Lands Official Forums
Robb

EL killing my computer

OK, I have been playing EL on and off for quite a while now, and recently, decided to try and get back into it.

So, I have re-downloaded the game, updated my drivers etc, and everytime I go in game, it crashes up my computer, and for some reason, tells my monitor there is no display device.

I have recently changed my ati radeon 9200 (which I had no probs with) to a Radeon 9800 pro, could this be the cause of the problem? if so, how do I get around it.

Cheers in advance.

Robb

OK, I have been playing EL on and off for quite a while now, and recently, decided to try and get back into it.

So, I have re-downloaded the game, updated my drivers etc, and everytime I go in game, it crashes up my computer, and for some reason, tells my monitor there is no display device.

I have recently changed my ati radeon 9200 (which I had no probs with) to a Radeon 9800 pro, could this be the cause of the problem? if so, how do I get around it.

Cheers in advance.

Robb

Go to ATI and download the newest drivers, if that doesn't work go get the Omega drivers. ATI cards & drivers are known for being finiky, usually switching to the Omega drivers fixes it.

i also run the 9800 pro card and i used the drivers which came with the card, don't use the ones on the ATI site, because i tried those, and they buggered everything up originally, so i have NO problems playing EL on mine....

ok, downloaded the omega drivers, haven't helped whatsoever. It is really weird, I have never had anything that has caused my computer to crash in a way it makes it think it has no graphics card.

Edited by Robb

I had the same problem with radeon 9200 and 9250.. omega drivers/updating drivers/trying to play with lowest settings possible..

solution? I am back on my very old nvida :/

Thats the thing, I dont get the chance to change my settings before the game crashes out my computer.

And I certainly dont want to put in my old graphics card just to play one game :)

Thats the thing, I dont get the chance to change my settings before the game crashes out my computer.

And I certainly dont want to put in my old graphics card just to play one game :)

You can change your settings in your el.ini configuration settings file in your EL folder before you try to log in.

i had problems with ATI aswel, i did so many things, newest drivers,omega drivers and read tons of help forums

opengl worked with ATI, but directx not

with omega drivers it did the other way around

i brought my PC to the shop and they fixed it for me, stil dont know what was wrong tho, but i do know i NEVER get ATI again

next card will be Nvida :P

also i had to buy Legal version of XP or they didnt want to work with my PC lol, wasted like 150 euro for this shitty card, i should of bought a new vid card :o

/ati hater

Edited by scarr

You better brought your pc to me :bow_arrow: I would have done it for 140€ :dry:

But yeah I had some troubles with my ATI card also a year ago. Since ATI released their latest drivers I never had a problem again.

ATI is cheap stuff but sometimes you need to do a little more work to let it work properly... It's like linux lol :mean:

Edited by Cycloonx

ok, downloaded the omega drivers, haven't helped whatsoever. It is really weird, I have never had anything that has caused my computer to crash in a way it makes it think it has no graphics card.

Call me picky, but did you *INSTALL* the drivers too? Only downloading doesnt fix anything.

Piper

*chuckles* alas, Im not a complete computer n00b, I did install them as well ^_^

However, Thyralax gave me some help, and got it working, cheers ^_^

Yeah Thyralax and I had that problem a few months ago but we managed to solve it thanks to an extensive search for a solution.

Here is the thread of the problem and I hope it keeps working as a future reference:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=26093&hl=

Edited by Tater

Hmm when i was in Isreal on my Mum comp i gota thesame problems the game was freezing resync etc ..

I set only low textures etc and it works fine.

Ok guys, I got AMD's attention, and they assigned a person to help us with the ATI cards problems.

If you have an ATI card, please fill up this form and post it here (if you don't know some answer, let it blank)

DATE SUBMITTED: X

CUSTOMER PROBLEM #: X

PLATFORM

-----------------------------

COMPUTER VENDOR: X

MODEL: X

PROCESSOR TYPE:

SPEED: X

SINGLE/DUAL: X

CHIPSET: x

MEMORY TOTAL: X

TYPE/SPEED: x

SYSTEM BIOS REV: x

HYPER-THREADING? (Y/N) x

OS VERSION: X

SERVICE PACK/PATCHES: X

KERNEL TYPE: x

DISPLAY

MONITOR MODEL: x

DISPLAY TYPE (CRT/DVI/LCD): X

VIDEO MODE: x

REFRESH RATE: x

DUAL HEAD? (Y/N) x

IF YES,

EXTENDED DESKTOP OR CLONE: X

IF HYDRAVISION, VERSION: x

GRAPHICS

GRAPHICS ADAPTER: X

SOURCE: x

BIOS LEVEL: x

--- FROM THE ATI CONTROL PANEL ---

DRIVER PACKAGE VERSION (Options tab- go to

Display/setting/advanced/options):

ISV CONFIGURATION PROFILE (Configuration tab):

APPLICATION

VENDOR:

APP NAME:

VERSION:

PATCH LEVEL: x

BUILD CODE: x

API:

LICENSE: x

OTHER APPS RUNNING: x

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.