Eternal Lands Official Forums
nathanstenzel

Trismegitus Bot Project approved by Sourceforge.net

It may take me a little bit to reinstall the cvs software and get the files up on the cvs server, but the Trismegitus Bot project is now hosted at http://sourceforge.net/projects/trismegitus.

For those of you who don't know, Trismegitus is the name of the ALCH guild bot.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by nathanstenzel

The bot is now ready for code browsing, code help (via SVN) and downloading.

This is my first time using SVN (the chosen revision control method), so I might need to figure some more things out with it, but I think it should work fine.

Silly me! I forgot to test something.

I fixed the defective elbot.py and put out another release. lol

Sorry about that.

(wonders how many copies of Tri will be scattered around EL)

Anyone have any feedback, suggestions or gripes?

Code snippets would be appreciated too.

For example, I need to be able to call functions as a seperate thread and know when they are done or call the functions on seperate threads on a repeating timer.

For anyone interested, I have updated the code again.

It has the same functions as before, but it has the potential of storing away messages that it can't reply to now. For instance, if multiple people were asking about what is in its storage (masters can do this), it could wait to get the information from the server and then reply to all of them.

The stuff is a little bit easier on the programmers, I think. This is due to the improvement mentioned above and due to the addition of a reply command which will let you reply to any message more easily.

Later on, I may end up rewriting the config stuff so that you can make configuration changes on the fly.

The ALCH specific stuff is now removed from the bot too.

Nice work Nathan. I'm planning on using your bot code for the eventual SaH guild bot if that's ok?

Any issues with me reorganizing? Nothing wrong with it now, I just prefer stuff in other places, a minimum number of files, and want to add some specific stuff for our guild. I'd also like to do some heavy commenting as the grey matter doesn't retain stuff as long as it used to ;-)

I will of course keep your credits at the top in the code, and just add a "reorg'd by Sphere blah, blah...."

I'll also send you a copy of what I've done if you'd like (zip/tgz?)

I just got a sourceforge ID, but haven't used CVS in a looooong time.

Python skills are a bit rusty, but worked enough to start trying out stuff on the test server. Pain to test the guild functions though, as the test server doesn't have guilds....

Again, nice work.

Nice work Nathan. I'm planning on using your bot code for the eventual SaH guild bot if that's ok?

Any issues with me reorganizing? Nothing wrong with it now, I just prefer stuff in other places, a minimum number of files, and want to add some specific stuff for our guild. I'd also like to do some heavy commenting as the grey matter doesn't retain stuff as long as it used to ;-)

I will of course keep your credits at the top in the code, and just add a "reorg'd by Sphere blah, blah...."

I'll also send you a copy of what I've done if you'd like (zip/tgz?)

I just got a sourceforge ID, but haven't used CVS in a looooong time.

Python skills are a bit rusty, but worked enough to start trying out stuff on the test server. Pain to test the guild functions though, as the test server doesn't have guilds....

Again, nice work.

Good news. You don't need to do CVS. You need to do SVN instead. SVN is alot easier, if you ask me.

There is one slight problem here. The trade bot functionality is not there yet. I am working on it. I am having a small amount of issues with Python multiple inheritance which is slowing me down a little. That and the amount of time off I have now is significantly less than when I took over the bot project from boognish.

If you wish to help modify the code, drop a line on the Trismegitus project page and perhaps shoot me an email. We can work on modifying it together.

Well, I have the multiple inheritance issue fixed. Now I can have all the bot extensions ran at the beginning of the log on sequence. :)

The bot is now restructured. The code for the commands are in the bot extension files. The configuration is in the config file and the list of extensions to use is still in the elbot.py file.

I will try to have it so you can configure what extensions to use via the config file too, but that will take time.

I added on one more command for debugging purposes only. It is only allowed on the test server though.

I am currently working on the tradebot part

Edited by nathanstenzel

I am still working on the trade code for the bot.

It now understands what is in its inventory and can respond to the INV command....even thought the format for that reply is currently the format that you might expect from a bot telling its owner what it could wear.

It can track items in a trade window too. It needs a few more steps to be made before it can work as a trade bot. Progress is progress though. :P

The day after this post was made:

And now it has INV/INVENTORY commands for the tradebot code and HELD/CARRIED commands for the basicbot code.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Looks very interesting and promising.

I can't wait to see a working trade part. It has some features I have never dreamed of :brooding:

It would be very nice to test it.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Some bad news. The code to understand the inventory items broke the code to understand the tradewindow items.

The good news, this has made it obvious that I need to move all item handling and understanding code into a seperate file. This will make the rest of the code easier to read and will allow for easier expansions to the bot in the future.

This could lead to te full use of bags, storage (not while trading) and allowing bot owners to give and recieve items from the bot without includin the trade bot code.

Update!: The problem is fixed and things have progressed nicely.

Edited by nathanstenzel