Sign in to follow this  
Aerowind

Ohayocon

Soo... anyone going?

www.ohayocon.org

(anime convention)

1402467220_l.jpg

Edited by Aerowind

I smell an insult... are you not a fan of anime then? Watch Trigun (obviously not, just asking)? Otherwise... fail.

People not liking anime usually saw one or two and claim to know what anime is. Silly, youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Yay for the anime fans!

I'm fond of:

Trigun

Hellsing

Elfen Lied

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist

Desert Punk

Genshiken

Among many others that I haven't fully gotten around to watching.

And yes it is usually the case that people see something like Naruto or Inuyasha and make a biased opinion based on that.

Yay for the anime fans!

I'm fond of:

Trigun

Hellsing

Elfen Lied

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist

Desert Punk

Genshiken

And yes it is usually the case that people see something like Naruto or Inuyasha and make a biased opinion based on that.

<3 Evangelion.

Yay for the anime fans!

I'm fond of:

Trigun

Hellsing

Elfen Lied

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist

Desert Punk

Genshiken

<3 Evangelion.

eva pro ;)

Well, it's a shame you haven't watched Trigun it's very good. And usually the popular animes are popular for a reason (excluding Naruto, Inuyasha, and the ones that are known to be horrendously bad but are still popular for a reason...)

Evangelion is ok till the gay stuff kicks in. Trigun I didn't like but I can't really put my finger on what i generally disliked, maybe it was just Vash that pissed me off :wacko:.

But, as for cons, here in Finland there are only a few cons with ppl dressed in Naruto/Sailor Moon chars so its a no go for me :D

What comes to good anime, here's my list.

Fullmetal Alchemist

Great Teacher Onizuka

Ouran koukou host club

NHK ni youkoso! (would really recommend to the kimi ga nozumo eien and genshiken fans)

those two :P

Juuni kokuki

For a reason or another i liked both gundam seeds

Eureka seven

Ghost in the shell

and last but not least Ergo Proxy, i gotta say this is the best anime i've seen in a while

If you guys liked Fullmetal Alchemist, you should also consider watching out for Scrapped Princess. Pretty good story as well, about a princess who's prophesied to destroy the world when she turns 16... except for the fact that she seems to be a pretty nice, normal teenage girl who doesn't have a trace of planetary-destructive personality or power within her. Everyone's out to try and kill her before she turns 16, though, so she's doomed to a life of wandering and hiding her identity, being protected by her adopted elder brother (a swordsman) and adopted elder sister (a magic-user).

But I prefer high school romantic comedies. :blush: School Rumble FTW! (alongside Ouran Koukou Host Club, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu! season, Ranma 1/2, etc.)

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Ok may i clear somthing up, anime is for nerds (no offence).

Now why do i say this? Well in another post in this topic somone said it is for geeks. Personaly i do not care for anime, but i do like using proper terms, geek to me means you sit at your computer all day and basicly love anything to do with computers. Now Nerd to me (and this isnt bad) is somone who reads comic books and loves anime and plays D&D.

:)

Yay Genshiken, looks like I gotta watch NHK ni youkoso!

So what do you classify someone who likes both. In my eyes it's a very fine line from one to another and it's a very easy line to cross.