Eternal Lands Official Forums
JohnTheWarder

Saddam Hussein executed in Iraq

nice little chat. now everyone think just for a moment. lets say you were part of a support group for suddam huissen. hes locked up in a prison and you are gonna try to bust him out. you get in realise securiteys too tight so you try to leave. too late. the us kills you. its a cycle that would keep happening. then one day, what if they succeed. sudamms death may be the easy way out, and now some iraqis hate us even more, but they have too stop sometime. soon they would realise attacking the us wouldn't bring him back. but relentless attacks on a tiny little prison cell, soon he would be free to kill a couple thousand more people till he was caught again and thrown in jail, where he would be rescued again. plain and simple.

You really think they have to stop hating USA? The country taht does not give a shit to try to understan Muslims, their philosophy of life, their history, their culture and religion? (It's not only USA, but this is the country that shows the most arrogancy in the world). You cannot demand from them treating you as a Big Bro when you treat them as worse kind of humankind.

USA started the war which they had NO idea how to end. When the consequences overgrown their capabilities they chose the easiest solution. Again, it's not the way to solve a single thing.

Well the bottom line here is why do I like the fact that Saddam was hung? Well first of all I am American and proud of it, I hate my government for the fact that they evil and corrupt and ruined a once great country. Second I am a Presbyterian and that is my base for religious views. Third I tried to prove that Saddam should be hung from a nonreligious point of view that is impossible. So i guess there you go.

Study islam someday. In their religion killing certian types of people is not a bad thing. They killed people who they conquered, if they wouldnt take the Islamic profession of faith
show me an organised religion that doesn't support (or at least, allow/accept) murder and other sins when it's convenient for political reasons(our religion must be right, because it's growing, since we annoy everyone we find until they pretend to agree with us. propaganda has been around a long time), to gain converts/property, etc.

as for the people claiming it's about oil? think again. consider how many businesses (mostly American) are getting a huge amount of work in the reconstruction. there's more of a economical reason.

plus, what's better than a war to bring the people together when the government isn't so popular? it's worked before (as long as you win, and you don't lose too many people, or alienate too many people... whoops, this one turned out bad)

as for the people claiming it's about oil? think again. consider how many businesses (mostly American) are getting a huge amount of work in the reconstruction. there's more of a economical reason.

plus, what's better than a war to bring the people together when the government isn't so popular? it's worked before (as long as you win, and you don't lose too many people, or alienate too many people... whoops, this one turned out bad)

Oil was just an example in a very large list of economical & political reasons. You just made the list complete :wub:.

naah. If they had treated saddam as a friend, he would have:

1. sold oil by the gigabarrel, after all, a dictator like saddam likes foreign money.

2. ruthlessly persecute terrorists. Fundamentalist muslims are enemy of mid-east dictators in the first place, and saddam kills whoever is a threat to him.

3. with US support, bring iran to its knees whenever it is convenient.

Saddam never cared about militant islam, nor israel, but he understood media and public opinion. GWB has allies who are just as brutal as saddam in countries of former USSR and other places. He was, in fact, a natural ally of the US if you just look at his pre-1990 record. Why did they remove him?

THe only reason that comes anything near a logical explanation is the fallout that results in the region.

In a country full of hatred, you train members of a faction as the 'army' and 'police' and then act surprised if they start to murder the people of the other faction. Perhaps, the exodus of sunni muslims from iraq and the threat a shiite iraq, iran and hezbollah will be to the rest of the arab world is precisely what they wanted. Add the religious buildup of syria and lebanon to the equation and you can see a blood red line through the middle east where the next decades wars will happen.

Also, the only thing that protects saudi arabia from an invasion and humiliating defeat by iran is the US.

Me and anybodys god have some serious bones to pick, but I was shown something as a child that is easy to practice and simple to pull off.....

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Would I have others hang me? Would I hang them? As far as criminal acts, stop them and learn how to avoid them.

Remember little boys playing army in the yard? "Oh yeah? If you kill me, I'll kill you!!" Logic, as well as compassion are learned over the years, at least by most of us.

The rest need some gentle coaching how to treat each other, not blind commitment to follow people!

Hopefully someday the thought of killing another human being will be sickening to all of us.

So.... meanwhile.... how many virgins ya think he got? :o

Edited by Mugwump

naah. If they had treated saddam as a friend, he would have:

3. with US support, bring iran to its knees whenever it is convenient.

Really didnt the first time: USA and the West supported him with Arms during the iran/iraq war

If he hadnt attacked Kuwait he would still be in power now persecuting his own people and the west would have turned a blind eye.

USA/West supporting one side

Russia (at least, before Gorbachev came along) supporting other.

I believe that it is all about either political agendae (sp?) or money. Usually money.

I believe that it is all about either political agendae (sp?) or money. Usually money.

Oil to be honest .

If not to do with Oil and the West is the champion off invaded nations ( Kuwait) why didnt America charge off to save Tibet when China invaded ?

Oil to be honest .

If not to do with Oil and the West is the champion off invaded nations ( Kuwait) why didnt America charge off to save Tibet when China invaded ?

Only Oil in Tibet is made of oil. What's more... invading country having over 1e9 citizens seems stupid even to USA goverment.

Only Oil in Tibet is made of oil. What's more... invading country having over 1e9 citizens seems stupid even to USA goverment.

Hope you are not suggesting the american goverment is stupid :)

It President maybe but surely not all of them :)

Hope you are not suggesting the american goverment is stupid :)

It President maybe but surely not all of them :)

I wouldn't dare to call USA goverment stupid. I've stated they're not THAT stupid, though.

Bush fails at life. End.

How about no. Bush isn't stupid and the government isn't stupid, little do most people know but every second the government is trying to force martial law and take total control. Why do you think the government let 9/11? To let us give up our liberties without us directly noticing it. They have chips that the government says stores health info but really is also a tracking device, they put subliminal adverts and messages in movies, they are going to put bar codes on mail to track you even more...I can go on and on about how the government screws us over but this is about Saddam Hussein's death, his victims, his supports, and his haters. Stop bringing the American government and Bush into this!

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Bush fails at life. End.

You might not like some of his decisions, but clearly (a few) more people have trust in him being President than you :icon13:

You might not like some of his decisions, but clearly (a few) more people have trust in him being President than you :icon13:

I daresay that globally there is much more people who distrust Bush than those who trust him.

Those people don't happen to be voting in the United States elections last I checked

Those people don't happen to be voting in the United States elections last I checked

With such mentality no-one should wonder why 9/11 happened.

And as for Americans themselves, I fail to see how voting for Bush's political opponents translates into support for Bush himself.

Edited by Mireille

Bush is going to send in 20k more soldiers to iraq. If the so-called iraqi police are not watched, they go out of uniform and kill sunnis. SHould there be no americans, they won't bother to remove the uniform anymore before they kill. This is why it is good if sunni arabs leave iraq while they can, and probably thats what bush wants, rather than the bloodbath that would come otherwise.

So this is really a masterstroke. The congress might fume against it, but withdrawal of soldiers will lead to disaster.