Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mclaren

the client does not open

ok today i tryed to get on the test server, and it said it needs to be updated, i went to the site which was the el site, i asked a mod(name will not be listed for shameful reasons) for help on what to do, they said "if i couldn't get on the entropy does not want me on" and that i shoudl find out myself, well i tryed to update it and first i got an error message saying some file could not be found, i was still on an el client and tryed to open another, nothing, so i tryed to open the old client and my pc crashed...and i cannot get no el now nor does the el client download vers. 1.3.0 open properly, i am unsure of what to do now.

For the time being, just download it but don't install it until we say so! Otherwise you will have all kind of problems, and reporting those problems will get you banned from the forums for wasting our time.

However, if you do want to help us test it on the test server, and you KNOW how to do so (making a backup copy, changing the ports and everything), then please post any of the problems from the test server (maps, possible client problems, etc.)

Just restore your old configuration using the backup files you (of course) remembered to make prior to installing the update.

Please read first next time.

Edited by asgnny

i never saw this, thank you, and i did not create any backups, so is there any solutions is what i am asking?

I think this is a prime example of why we say "If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it". It applies to reading and following instructions too.

Yes there is a solution, you have to start over and reinstall EL.

selective reading would easily warrant a ban here. Don't download without reading, because you won't recieve help from us for your mistakes.

Edited by Acelon

yes, but in my opinion i tihnk it would be easier to say "there has been some new posts in the update section of the forum, you should check it out" rather then making all this happen, don't you agreee? your duty is to help people, not cause more problems....

Or you could read fully, and no problems would begin.

We don't like helping people who causes problems for themselves that is completely, and 100% their fault.

yes, but in my opinion i tihnk it would be easier to say "there has been some new posts in the update section of the forum, you should check it out" rather then making all this happen, don't you agreee? your duty is to help people, not cause more problems....

It is YOUR responsibility to keep up with the changes, especially when you want to experiment. All test server requests are given with the caveat that you only do it if you know what you are doing. We are not your babysitters. We are responsible for helping with official game problems, not issues of your own making by trying and editing things you are not qualified to try or edit.