Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phax

Password

I think the new change password command should be "#change_pass old new new" to prevent from mistypes or any of that and a way to confirm what you are typing. :confused:

How about you just be more careful, and make sure you recheck what you typed.

rofl..

How about you just be more careful, and make sure you recheck what you typed.

u could always make a mistake... thats why we call it a mistake in the first place...

I agree with this idea. When I change my pass I'm always afraid I mistype and can't login again and lost my char.

Maby new password need be written in logs files, then so it can be retreived if need to be. Though it would make that then technical any who goes to that computer could find out password then.

Guest Raen

I agree with this idea. When I change my pass I'm always afraid I mistype and can't login again and lost my char.

Hehe. I agree completely with this idea. After all, that's what I did. Warning to all people. dont try to change your password to a 16 digit alpha numeric sequence when you dont know how to type numbers using the row instead of the numpad.

On a second note, hi smooms.

Ctrl+up arrow

nice trick :lipssealed:

Ctrl+up arrow

nice trick :P

Choey = teh pr0ey! :lurker:

If we had (or: as soon as we have) a window instead of a plain text command to change your password, a confirmation would really make sense (like we have in the character creation screen).

With the current command it's not really necessary to ask for a confirmation, since the command is in plain text (not masked by asterisks), and you can check it before you hit enter (or, like choey points out, ctrl+up to read back what you entered).

But of course, a confirmation of the new password in the current #change_pass command will decrease the number of "lost password" cases because of a mistype.

#change_pass old_pass new_pass new_pass_again
or, maybe better:
#change_pass oldpass newpass

To complete the change, type "#confirm_pass new_pass" (no quote marks; replace new_pass with your new password).

#confirm_pass newpass

[#change_pass oldpass newpass

To complete the change, type "#confirm_pass new_pass" (no quote marks; replace new_pass with your new password).

this would be a good idea, especialy saying no "quote marks", otherwise you'd see somewhere a player typing:

player: "#confirm_pass hello987"

this would be a good idea, especialy saying no "quote marks", otherwise you'd see somewhere a player typing:

player: "#confirm_pass hello987"

That's just what I took from the #change_pass help text :confused::

Correct usage is:"#change_pass old_pass new_pass" No quote marks, of course. Replace old_pass and new_pass with your old and new passwords. They should also be between 4 and 16 characters long.

but if it would be saved in logs its easy hack-able i suppose.
Only what I made red here would be on your screen and in your log, the green is what you type.

So the log would also look like this:

[12:28:31] To complete the change, type "#confirm_pass new_pass" (no quote marks; replace new_pass with your new password).

[12:28:58] Great, you changed your password!

[12:28:58] You have been saved!

(Or was that in reply to james?)

Ah yes, I forgot to ask;

If we had (or: as soon as we have) a window instead of a plain text command to change your password, a confirmation would really make sense (like we have in the character creation screen).
Is a window to change the password (like we have in the character creation screen) on the to-do list?

If not, consider this a suggestion. :(

Another approach.

Associate an e-mail with account, each pass change sends an e-mail with new pass (maybe a confirmation link too? -- an added security check so others can't change your pass).

but if it would be saved in logs its easy hack-able i suppose.
Only what I made red here would be on your screen and in your log, the green is what you type.

So the log would also look like this:

[12:28:31] To complete the change, type "#confirm_pass new_pass" (no quote marks; replace new_pass with your new password).

[12:28:58] Great, you changed your password!

[12:28:58] You have been saved!

(Or was that in reply to james?)

Ok, thx