Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad_Tepes

IP Ban again?

Hello. I seem to be IP banned again. I was on my SethiAna account about 10 minutes ago and when I tried to log on again it said I was IP banned. Can someone explain to me what this is all about?

Thanks,

SethiAna

Might want to read rule 5 in it's entirety. Let me help you.

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means using illegal clients, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's license and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

*Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not. Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with one character while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.

1. NO same-owner IP trading. If caught, unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you WILL be punished. (This does not legitimize breaking the rest of these rules). Proof will be determined on a case by case basis. Abusing same IP trading and/or lying will result in severe consequences.

2. Middlemen are NOT allowed and do not make same IP trading legal between characters. (This includes getting somebody else to log on to one of your characters for the sole purpose of aquiring a different IP to make the trade)

3. Bag trading not allowed between same IP characters to bypass this rule.

4. We do not make exceptions for "well" leveled characters to be allowed to trade.

5. Owning multiple characters IS legal as long as they do not interact, and do not help each other.

6. Guild storages will be considered as bots, even if they are not run by a program. They must be declared and registered on the official list. They will follow all ingame rules AND all bot rules.

umm..yeah i will tell the truth about that. i traded between the two characters one low leveled than the other. i was trading between them to transfer items to my alternate. i meant no harm by doing so.. i hope i will be forgived..

i wont do it again...:-/

I will not do it again, Aislinn. Promise. Guess that's what I get for trying to be sneaky.

But, may I ask if SethiAna can be white-listed please? If thats not asking for too much. I never meant any harm by trading between my characters on the same ISP. Just didnt know it could get this serious. I apologize.

He who cheats ought to learn a little patience.

I'm thinking about the whole thing. You requested vlad_tepes whitelisted. You got it. You then start whining to get your alts. You then post again hinting to get your alts whitelisted, and when I actually started looking in your logs, i found a bunch of intentional cheating going on. I actually am thinking about having vlad_tepes removed from the whitelist and leaving all the chars locked.

I think you have a bit of nerve both: requesting yet another character whitelisted, and demanding an IMMEDIATE response.

So when we figure out what we want to do with you, we'll do it. :icon13:

ok, im sorry but i love playing EL and having that priviledge taken away isnt a very good feeling..i do not mean to cheat to affect others or anything. i just wish to have one more chance to play again...