Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Please predownload the update

For Windows: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_update_133.exe

For Linux: http://el.other-life.com/downloads/el_133_linux_update.zip

The Mac version will be available soon, when 0ctane finishes it.

For the time being, just download it but don't install it until we say so! Otherwise you will have all kind of problems, and reporting those problems will get you banned from the forums for wasting our time.

However, if you do want to help us test it on the test server, and you KNOW how to do so (making a backup copy, changing the ports and everything), then please post any of the problems from the test server (maps, possible client problems, etc.)

Clicking the compass in Irsis:

You are in Irsis Irsis, Home to the Elves [...,...]

And in Irsis, inside a building:

You are in Irsis Insides Irsis Insides [...,...]

----

In Iscarlith [256,154], clicking on the door which should lead to storage: "You are too far away from the door"; (also noticed that the square [256,155] in front of the door is not walkable without apparent obstacle)

Same message and door not working at Iscarlith [192,127] (but all squares are walkable here)

----

From error_log.txt (none of these errors had effects on the game for what I saw, just reporting them):

[21:55:02] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/structures/leather.bmp"
[21:55:25] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/structures/locks.bmp"
Last message repeated 435 times
[22:15:18] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_witch.e3d"
[22:15:18] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:15:18] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_peasant.e3d"
[22:15:18] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:15:44] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/structures/locks.bmp"
Last message repeated 357 times
[22:18:56] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_witch.e3d"
[22:18:56] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:18:56] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_peasant.e3d"
[22:18:56] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:19:50] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_witch.e3d"
[22:19:50] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:19:50] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_peasant.e3d"
[22:19:50] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:20:24] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_witch.e3d"
[22:20:24] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:20:24] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/statues/statue_peasant.e3d"
[22:20:24] Something nasty happened while trying to process:
[22:23:13] Error: Can't open file "./3dobjects/structures/locks.bmp"

leather.bmp is missing

locks.bmp is in ./3dobjects/misc_objects/

the folder ./3dobjects/statues/ doesn't exist, those files are actually in ./3dobjects/misc_objects/

EDIT: sry, forgot to mention - using the static linux version of the new client

Edited by Theryndan

pic of staff of protection is pic of staff of mage , and also staff of mage pic is staff of protection in the encyclopidia

the pic of the medalions in the encyclopidia differ from the ingame pic (the old pic are in the encyclopidia)

Have the dragons been implimented, if so where? I just checked a long stretch in nrm volcano but I think their there

Such questions will not be answered for obvious reasons. They are not part of bug testing and any other posts not part of the testing will be deleted.

Is there a reason that the download is running at 2-5kbps? Usually my connection has 200kbps.

Probably just multiple people all downloading at the same time. You may get better speed if you try the download off-hours (which can be a little tricky with a world-wide player base).

Have the dragons been implimented, if so where? I just checked a long stretch in nrm volcano but I think their there

There is no word 'implimented' in the English language.

I cannot even map walk into the general store in Irsis now but the door still does not work. There are now lots of very dark blue trees and rocks near the exit to Idaloran and across Idaloran. The pine trees are the blue ones. The enrichment stones, binding stones, summoning stones, hyrdogenium ore, beehives, wolframite ore and gypsum are all dark blue as well. I did not see this change on most of the stuff in storage until actually putting something into storage. Those are my first observations with 1.3.3.3 beta. :)

TirunCollimdus Just in case it was not clear yes all of those items were described as seen in my storage. PS all of my sigils in the encylopedia are all dark blue too. :) The sigils in my casting bar look totally awesome though. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I would help Test this update but as I see that many people are doing that, good work and Luck to ye! Also I do not want to risk getting a virus,bug, or something going wrong. If there is anything I can do to help please inform me :)

25, 101 in the Idaloran mine facing NW there is a large section of black tracing the corner of floor that sticks out into the rock wall at that point. It looks like the entire path going into the mine from the entrance near the docks where it has 90 degree corners and with beams sticking out has the same missing tiles. There is a place just as the tunnel opens to the first cave there is a huge number of tiles missing on the wall on the east side as well. Oh and the armed orcs look like smurfs on steroids with blue swords too. :)

TirunCollimdus

PS Blue trolls with big blue clubs too. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

If you have problems, then screenshot!

Anyway, there is a small OPTIONAL fix: http://www.eternal-lands.com/fix.rar

Unrar it in the EL directory to overwrite the previous files. This fixes the bad objects thingy and the statue in the wrong directory bug.

The update file has been fixed, so download that thing only if you downloaded the update until the date of this message.

Okay so here is pics of 3 different things but in two pictures. :)

http://richtimothy.com/The_Gallery/display...&fullsize=1

Okay two photos with three problems. Hope this helps. :) The armed orcs are silmilarly colored like the trolls.

EDIT: Did not put in photos correctly the first time so they could change but they are fixed now and should be static.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I'm (trying) to do a lot of bot testing on the test server. Every time I start a second copy of the client, the first already running copy crashes. This was also true of the pre-release client (but I was waiting for a more final version to see if it got better).

I have run up to three copies of the previous version of the client at once with no problems (no crashes) so this is something unique to the new client version.

Well these are the three other blue issues I have found. Jazzing things up is great but I think this is a bit much. j/k :)

Okay that is what I can do for now. I will of course be working on finding more fun stuff later. :)

Tirun Collimdus

EDITED: This post is fixed now too so that the pictures should remain the ones I originally set.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

The fixed linux update has a complicated directory structure, in the main directory of the archive you can see "3dobjects" and "maps" directory, probably with the new fix, and a "Eternal Lands-1.33-update" with the rest of files and directories.

1st edit: the gypsum

The former gypsum deposit at 100,140 Morcraven cave: the deposit looks like a gypsum one (has the correct texture now), but when you harvest it or click it with the eye icon, you get some Silver Ore.

The former gypsum deposit in White Stone cave [79,17], it has now the gypsum texture, but you're harvesting coal.

Hidden Mines of Mynadar (votd 2nd cave) [107,278] - the same, you see gypsum texture, harvest coal.

Brief: before (in the RC), the deposits looked like silver/coal but were gypsum, now they look like gypsum but are silver/coal.

I don't know if there are other deposits of gypsum in the game.

Edited by Ulrih

The fixed linux update has a complicated directory structure, in the main directory of the archive you can see "3dobjects" and "maps" directory, probably with the new fix, and a "Eternal Lands-1.33-update" with the rest of files and directories.

1st edit: the gypsum

The former gypsum deposit at 100,140 Morcraven cave: the deposit looks like a gypsum one (has the correct texture now), but when you harvest it or click it with the eye icon, you get some Silver Ore.

The former gypsum deposit in White Stone cave [79,17], it has now the gypsum texture, but you're harvesting coal.

Hidden Mines of Mynadar (votd 2nd cave) [107,278] - the same, you see gypsum texture, harvest coal.

Brief: before (in the RC), the deposits looked like silver/coal but were gypsum, now they look like gypsum but are silver/coal.

I don't know if there are other deposits of gypsum in the game.

You are trying that on the main server, right?

You are trying that on the main server, right?

No. I tried that on the test server, with updated linux client. Right now I'm downloading the windows update, to double-check it (should be done in ~0.5hour).

There is a small chance that I made something wrong with updating the linux client. I will re-check it after testing with the Windows client.

edit: Windows client is ok, theres coal and silver only.

edit2: Linux client is ok as well, I must have done something wrong with the updating or with old settings from .elc

I'm sorry for fake bug report, plx no ban :)

Edited by Ulrih

edit2: Linux client is ok as well, I must have done something wrong with the updating or with old settings from .elc

I'm sorry for fake bug report, plx no ban :)

Remember that on linux you have to edit the path to data files in the el.ini file located in ~/.elc/, not only the server port; otherwise even if you load the new client from a new folder it will use the data from the old folder

1. The knowledge.lst file which shows which books you read so far is wrong - it doesn't show anything about Wolframite or Hydrogenium. In fact, if you look in the knowledge tab, you could see Hydrogenium Smelting is marked as "<currently unused>".

I know - the readme.txt file under \languages\en\ clearly states that "The strings/ folder, as well as rules.xml and knowledge.lst are scheduled for removal", but for now, wrong/missing information is still shown.

2. It seems that at least some of the bugs reported in the previous thread about the new client (1.33RC), have not been fixed yet. For example - the C1 continent map is shown for some maps in C2 if you log on in those maps.

Should we recheck all bugs we reported in that thread to see which ones were fixed and then re-report them here, or are you going to work on those bugs as well?

Edit 1:

New storage in Iscalrith [255,155] - when you click on the door, you get a "You are too far away from the door" message. This has been reported for the previous client as well.

Edit 2:

The teleporters in Zirakinbar are not marked on the map.

Edited by smalul

The directory structure should be fixed in the Linux Client now.

Could elc_private.h be updated in cvs to reflect the correct versions needed to connect to test? For some reason, I'm getting rejected using 1 3 3 0, which is also what I see with strings ./el.x86.linux.static | grep '1\.'

Could elc_private.h be updated in cvs to reflect the correct versions needed to connect to test? For some reason, I'm getting rejected using 1 3 3 0, which is also what I see with strings ./el.x86.linux.static | grep '1\.'

It's not that, it's a different thing: int version_second_digit should be 17

We don't commit that in the CVS until at the update time.

1. The knowledge.lst file which shows which books you read so far is wrong - it doesn't show anything about Wolframite or Hydrogenium. In fact, if you look in the knowledge tab, you could see Hydrogenium Smelting is marked as "<currently unused>".

Thank the nice people from the encyclopedia team. Why the fuck that file was there, and was not updated in ages, is beyound my power of understanding, and I am very pissed off.

Thanks, ent. That worked.

The Linor [300,303], building only the door works (minor)

The Linor [67,230], accessible tiles, making you stand half in a tree

Thank the nice people from the encyclopedia team. Why the fuck that file was there, and was not updated in ages, is beyound my power of understanding, and I am very pissed off.

That is actually not the problem. The problem is that it's been updated by autoupdate feature. Solution: symlink /updates132/en/languages/knowledge.lst into /updates133/ and md5 it >/updates133/files.lst

Edited by RallosZek