Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Art contest results

Ok first, I want to say a big THANK YOU to the following people for following the image naming format: Harlock, Niemand, Sistema, Zora. Next time anyone who doesn't follow it will be disqualified :P

Second, I want to say a congrats not only to the winners, but for everyone who put forth effort in this contest. It was NOT easy choosing the winners, and in the end it came to a roll of the dice in deciding, because other images were just as good.

Submission Thread

Winners are:

Cycloon

Cyprom

Smooms

And I'd like to also award some Honorable mentions to:

Aki

Anshar

Chaoogie

Derin

Harlock

Kaito

Scarr

(sorry, i'ts late, and I just dont' feel like digging up all their links atm :P)

And comments, in no particular order:

Chaoogie- you've got some nice color schemes going on here. The rider on the dragon looks really cool, too bad we'll never have that though :P The designs are really nice overall, and I think you can make them even better if you work on them a little more.

Cho-yun- you present some nice themes :) Try to choose better images though, and try to get the text to flow better in the design.

Harlock- nice job with the 3d stuff! I also really love the borders and your color choices, they work very well together.

Krius- This is quite nice! I think to make it better you should have stretched out the center image. I actually had to compress it for the game.

niemand- Good effort with all these designs, but I think it may benefit you more to just work on 1 design, and to try and make it as best you can. One problem that really stuck out to me was that you stretched a lot of the text, and it just doesn't really look good like that. Keep it at a normal readable size.

rasberrybeard- The leaves look pretty cool, but the text is hard to read, and the screenshots look a bit too pixelated with that filter on them, i think it would have been better if you left them normal.

Scorpius- I think the computer looks so cool! And that is a funky keyboard indeed..hahaha. Overall good idea, but i would loose the red tv in the background, it's distracting and the color doesn't match the rest.

SirDan- My favorite is image#1. The screenshots look nice on the parchement. With the other colored images, I think the colors are too strong, too saturated. Try choosing less saturated tones, it will make a big difference :)

Sistema- These are all very nice and creative! My favorite one is #04. It's just simple and elegant, nothign too busy and the color going through it looks really cool. But there is one thing I dont' like about it, and that's that the screenshot is quite boring. just a guy on the docks, with his back towards you..put a better shot in there! :)

Zora- I like all of them except for the stretched out maps at the bottom! They just don't look good that way..try cropping one and just using a piece, or put another image in there whole with no stretching.

Aki- Your images are quite creative! Some of them remind me of a comic or story book. Did you ever think of doing something like that? Image #9 especially reminds me of this :) I think my fav one is #4, the shiny floor just looks neat, except you have to have the people's feet touching their reflection, otherwise they look like they're floating.

Oh, and I really liked that shine you put on the logo! I borrowed that idea ;)

Beorn-Not bad, but i think you could have picked a better image for the top corner.

Cycloon- these are all really cool, good style! My advice is to not use constant repeating images though that the snow and background.

Dunian- Nice Christmas piece :)

Freeone- try to put more effort in these, don't just use a screenshot, but put more effects in them, maybe dull the one image so it's not quite so bright. Try different things.

Kaito- I like #6 the best. The wood and screenshots all go very nice together. Also #5 looks pretty cool, a really unique looking design, it's busy, but i like it! ERGGH..you have these numbered all crazy like! In fact I like "number" "5ey6" the best, nice and simple and it looks really good!

Krius- practice, practice, practice :P

Nocturne- #2 is great with the chimerans in the banner. Their colors make up for all the gray in the background. For the others, try to work on the placement of the images better, and that chim looks like cerebrus!

NordicWarrior- #1 is definetly the best! Good job.

Scarr-Would have loved to see you do more on the Xmas one, and that little guy in #3 is really funny, but I think it needs some color. Good job though!

Anshar- Nice simple, clean design, you did good work with the texture background!

Cyprom- I really like the colors, font, and how you made the border work with it all. The screenshot could have been more interesting however, but it does display a really nice mood.

Smooms-all of yours look really cool, I like the paint texture a lot too.

Derin- I love the colors, and good theme chosen!

BUT ROJA! the newbies pesterd you for soooo long about dragons imagine how many messages you'll get about ridable dragons after they see the pic!! i would just like to say ::poke ridable dragons:: lol ;) good job everyone

wtg Cycloon, Cyprom and Smooms!

Ok first, I want to say a big THANK YOU to the following people for following the image naming format: Harlock, Niemand, Sistema, Zora. Next time anyone who doesn't follow it will be disqualified ;)

Note: ImageShack turned the original name (elwallpaper_nordicwarrior.jpg) to elwallpapernordicwarriogq6.jpg.

I had the exact same thing happen, it seems that ImageShack renames our pictures for us when we upload them.

Edited by Dunian

Congratulations to all the winners!

It is always a pleasure to see all the talented people we have in this community. So even if you did not win this time, keep up the good work and you will make the rest of us happy ;)

had the pixel guyalso colored, but didnt like it fit the rest ;/ , that wallpaper was made last day, so didnt put much time into it to color ;p

gratz smooms o.O

\o/ Thanks Roja :P

I know the screenshot isn't so good, I was going to change it but with exams I didn't have time, which is also the reason why I only had one. Can't believe I won with it ^^

Great contests ;)

Ah so it's imageshack's fault. You sure there's no option for it not to do that?

I don't think so. Imageshack changes the name with some extra letters and/or numbers to avoid getting different images with the same name uploaded. They make it unique, even if it already is (first to use that name).

Congratz to all the winners. ;)

Thanks Roja for your Critic. That always gives me the motivation to look at details

and to work on my Skills better. Your Critic is always appreciated to me. :pickaxe:

And im happy that Cycloon was one of the Winners (like i said i liked yours teh most :P )

Gratz to all other Happy Winners too :P

Gratz guys great work :D I tried do a lot of wallpapers becouse i don't know what roja like, this is really hard to do one good wallpaper for every1 (i don't know maybe this is impossible). For example from my wallpapers i most like #4, roja #6, my friend #8 and second friend #5 :) For me every1 did good work but Cycloon, Cyprom, Smooms were the best, what i can say, GRATZ! :D

, this is really hard to do one good wallpaper for every1 (i don't know maybe this is impossible). For example from my wallpapers i most like #4, roja #6, my friend #8 and second friend #5 :)

Yes art can be very subjective, so it's hard to judge things, but there is a quality standard where even if you don't like the piece of art displayed you can still say it's a good piece of work. I have a very hard time judging these contests, even had ent help me out picking the winners :D

Maybe for another contest we can have the players vote..i just worry about abuse from that however, which is why i didn't do that so far.

, this is really hard to do one good wallpaper for every1 (i don't know maybe this is impossible). For example from my wallpapers i most like #4, roja #6, my friend #8 and second friend #5 :)

Yes art can be very subjective, so it's hard to judge things, but there is a quality standard where even if you don't like the piece of art displayed you can still say it's a good piece of work. I have a very hard time judging these contests, even had ent help me out picking the winners :D

Maybe for another contest we can have the players vote..i just worry about abuse from that however, which is why i didn't do that so far.

@ bolding

GODS NO!!!!11~

@ rest

Players voting contests aren't best idea imo.

Edited by Anshar

Yeah that's a bad idea because it will be a popularity contest then. I think it's fair as it is now...

Might be nice to combine, your top 3 and an audience's favourite. :)