Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nocturne

Hyperlite tryed scamm me

LoL people will do anything to try and scam someone. :(

People need to cmoe up with new tricks I guess :hehe:

he = queer

1. Use Appropriate language

Do not use language which is sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive. This includes both clear and implied language, images, or links to websites with such content.

2. No Harassment

Harassment is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. This includes both clear and implied language that refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world. This further includes the distribution, release or discussion of any real-life, personal, or private information about other players, moderators or volunteers of Eternal Lands. Repeatedly targeting a specific player or persons with harassment will lead to severe action.

4. Respect Others

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game and the forums. In order to show proper respect, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and / or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers. Do not patronize people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginners’ mistakes.

Take your pick

queer /kwɪər/ Pronunciation [kweer] adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun

–adjective

1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.

2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.

3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.

queer Noun. A homosexual. Once, only derogative, but now the expression is being reclaimed by the gay community.

Adj. Homosexual in nature.

queer as a nine bob note Phrs. 1. Very odd, unusual.

2. Undoubtedly homosexual. Cf. 'bent as a nine bob note'.

queer bashing Noun. Prejudicial aggression or intimidation toward homosexuals.

Queer is (and has been for many years) a derogative term for a homosexual.

Edit:

And if you are going to refer to dictionary.com, at least quote the entire listing:

queer /kwɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kweer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun

–adjective

1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.

2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.

3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.

4. mentally unbalanced or deranged.

5. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive.

a. homosexual.

b. effeminate; unmanly.

6. Slang. bad, worthless, or counterfeit.

–verb (used with object)

7. to spoil; ruin.

8. to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.

9. to jeopardize.

–noun

10. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a homosexual, esp. a male homosexual.

11. Slang. counterfeit money.

Edited by LabRat

:) Fair Call...

But in the context that it was used.. It could be any of them.

Take your pick

Ed. And as the posts here may come from anywhere in the world (almost) it may have not been used as the homosexual meaning. Words have different interpretations depending on where you live. In Australia I put a Thong on my foot. But in America they would think I was perverted if I said that. :) To say it was a rule breach is assuming it was used as the offensive meaning. :D

Edited by SharkBite

Yeah i also think hyperlite is bad news, im not flaming or anything cause wat he did to me was completly legal and fair.

I was pking at dp arena, he has like 50/50 a/d, drinks bunch of pots so its 40/40, then has his buddies surround me so i cant excape the arena or move at all, then one of his buddies behind me goes away, i try to flee and im attacked and killed.

Yeah i also think hyperlite is bad news, im not flaming or anything cause wat he did to me was completly legal and fair.

I was pking at dp arena, he has like 50/50 a/d, drinks bunch of pots so its 40/40, then has his buddies surround me so i cant excape the arena or move at all, then one of his buddies behind me goes away, i try to flee and im attacked and killed.

Well thats pk for you so don't complain :confused:

Well thats pk for you so don't complain :confused:

Did you not read that i said that im not complaining/flaming or anything, it was just a newbie type of thing for him to do, and i know its completly not against the rules and everything, isengaurd it seems all ur trying to do lately is spam with 1-3 word responses.

Actually Redsox, if they're BLOCKING your way out, that IS against the rules, maybe you've never been in WS arena and heard people say: "Don't block the entrance!" ?

PKing you is ok, but blocking your way out is against the rules.

And if it eases the pain, I killed hyperlite this week and got quite a lot of nice stuff from him. ;)

Blee

Actually Redsox, if they're BLOCKING your way out, that IS against the rules, maybe you've never been in WS arena and heard people say: "Don't block the entrance!" ?

PKing you is ok, but blocking your way out is against the rules.

And if it eases the pain, I killed hyperlite this week and got quite a lot of nice stuff from him. :)

Blee

He speaks the truth there. Dekke, isenguard, and I all got in some trouble for summoning like 50 things and a giant in the WS arena which started blocking the entrances. Whether it was true or not is besides the fact that it is illegal. and I almost got hyperlite loads of times so you can sleep easier. Scorpius got some nice iron pl8 items from him. :) Blee what did u get :D jagged

;)

-Zure

Its rather off-topic but ok.

Iron greaves

Iron cuisses

Steel chain

Iron helm

Steel shield

Stars medallion (gave this one away to random newbie at the arena)

Serpent sword

Mirror Cloak

~20 SRs

I think some HEs and I dunno if there was anything else.

-Blee