Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mclaren

umm...wanna fix this

in dp arena people over lv 40 can attack you, i was killed 2 times int he arena, isenguard drained my mana firs ttime, second he is over 40 a/d and he killed me...lost 2 rosts :)

1. Did he use the true sight potions thereby reducing his att and def by 10? (legal i think)

2. Did he mana drain you (magic spell) or mana burn you (staff)? Staff isn't a spell so legal and do-able as well i think. Unless this was an oversight in coding, no bug.

1. yes he used ts(it is not legal)

2. he used the spell and staff. it clearly states no aggresive spells as you enter the arena, and isenguard knows that, but his carlesness cost me 30k in rosts(i was prepared)

1. yes he used ts(it is not legal)

2. he used the spell and staff. it clearly states no aggresive spells as you enter the arena, and isenguard knows that, but his carlesness cost me 30k in rosts(i was prepared)

Errr why do you say using true sight potions is not legal? Explain.

And again, i see no reason the staff is illegal either. How do you know he cast a spell?

it was a spell because SotM does not drain mana, 2. i was repared with a rost with my col and all, please dont post comments like that

and also, i think its illegal because it says 40/40, ts pot bends that

it was a spell because SotM does not drain mana

No, there is a 5% chance to do both mana drain and mana burn.

and also, i think its illegal because it says 40/40, ts pot bends that
Erm that is called strategy and just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can say it's illegal even if it is legal! O.o

Also it appears there is no bug in spell casting afterall.

If you have attack and/or defense 40 or below, you CAN cast the aggressive spells on other players (both higher and lower than 40 att or def). If you are over, you cannot. Makes sense, ehhh?

Also a minor note: 40 is not an absolute, there is a formula (no I do not know it) that makes it a bit more complicated than that, so it might vary a slight bit. Do not go yelling "BUG!" if it happens a little bit higher or lower :)

1. yes he used ts (...)

I'm confused. If he used a true-sight pot to get his a/d below 40, then he is within the limits for that PK area. That also means if your a/d is at the high end of the range you could have killed him. It seems that he was taking a risk in lowering his a/d and making himself a target.

In any event (Entropy, correct me if I'm wrong) these adjusted areas are not "safe" zones, simply limited so that people with very high a/d levels can't walk in and kill everyone in sight. Safer than an open PK map, but not safe.

AFAIK formula is (att+def)/2 <= 40, here is integer division, so ppl who have att+def <= 81 can attack.

And TS pots have limits, for example I couldnt TS to that low levels, unfortunately :P

Edited by vytukas

Actually Isengard was not taking any risk. You can be 50/50 att/def and use the t/s potions to get to 40/40 what this means is that the person in question has far more pick points and thereby much higher attributes than someone who is really 40/40. Very little chance if any of getting killed by the lower level player. Better items of course available to the higher level player too. Very good strategy. Very unfair. Perfectly legal. :)

TirunCollimdus