Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New logo, poll #2

Which logo do you like better?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote after looking at the images thoughtfully!

• The diamond logo WITH the dragon in it
    • JUST the dragon logo.

I agree with pip.

Both are great but there will be times one will look better than the other. Use both and go with the situation.

I also agree with pip, especially when you can make the dragon different colors when needed on the one w/o the diamond.

I would go for both as well, which basically means number one. The diamond is like KFC thick crust (sometimes you want it, sometimes you don't).

Having a basic logo like number one has the beauty of being able to add it to a shield/diamond/badge etc without ruin the overall look.

However, I would make the letters "E" and "L" stand out a little more, perhaps invert the colors?

I didnt vote.

In some situations, the diamond dragon may be more useful because it has a border, in others the standalone dragon looks better imo.

Use both and choose always the best looking one.

Piper

I like this idea, it would be a nice way to do it, in a baner it's dragon only as a mark on something it's with the diamond.

I updated the red dragon image here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...r/dragonred.jpg

Just to show another example of a use for the logo, along with the name beside it which i normall didn't have, but wanted. I'm liking the dragon only logo better now :confused:

we need blue dragons to :)

Yup, my vote goes to the one with diamond (the dragon didn't have my vote in the first poll), but I agree as well: use either when needed. In the banner just the dragon looks nicer, but as stand-alone logo for other uses I strongly prefer the good old diamond shape used.

Yes I can easily make the dragon fit in more with the parchment background, I just did these options up kinda quick.

Derin, I did try inverting the colors and using different colors, and without outlines, with outlines, etc...for like 3hrs :) So these were the best looking colors I came up with.

Ok so I think it will be best to use which one where it looks the best. The main logo will just be the dragon, but if it looks better on a nice background the diamond will be there :o

Thanks for your input guys!

I just saw the other poll today, and replied there. I copied here to make it easier for you. I definitely like the idea of a dragon in the logo.

QUOTE(Aislinn @ Dec 17 2006, 08:03 AM) *

I like the dragon one...but it needs a spark to it, maybe a glowing gem eye or something...it looks too bland as is...maybe it's the color...

But overall, I really like the design and shape of the dragon.

Im with Aislinn on this, I like the dragon, but I think it needs just a little more spark. It is a bit dark, could you maybe use the 2 tones to define features instead of making it a shadow? Or maybe add some red flame coming out of the mouth? Also, I like the older style of the EL font better, the new one with the rounded corners looks kind of modern to me. Still, I love the art work you do!

I'd have to go for the dragon without the diamond thing around it. that's just too much in my opinion. just the dragon looks more powerful as a logo and can be applied to anything.

looks great!

In my opinion, it's the large one with diamond and the small one without. Can that be done?

Somehow the large dragon without the diamond looks more like a high school logo, and the small one with is a bit cluttered. The glow effect looks great!

Somehow the large dragon without the diamond looks more like a high school logo ...

Funny, I had the same thought. The look like something you'd see on a high school sports letterman jacket. I'm not saying that's bad, just that was my first thought.

Well, my first choice was the dragon inside the diamond because I found the dragon alone too dark and I get used of the old logo. :)

But then, I found that the second logo was a little too "complicated" so I tried to invert the colors of the first logo to see what it does but it was not better...

And finally after looking enough at the first, I get used of it and it's now my favorite :)

And IMO, it can fit in any situation, alone, inside a banner or on a shirt... :laugh:

I think with just the dragon logo looks better.

Roja great work on the logo.

To be honest i think you can (as you said) get away with using both as they are just diferent versions of the same logo. Just use the appropriate version at the appropriate times.

As a logo by itself, in terms of impact and aesthetic quality...i think the dragon works best without the diamond. The diamond detracts too much from the form of the dragon as a standalone logo. Saying that it works great in the banner (where some sort of logo background is required to seperate it from background noise/clutter) But i still think it doesnt need the diamond...it makes it look slightly dated and in my (somewhat brutal) opinion, makes it look more amateurish than the other. Did you try a simple diamond outline around the dragon without adding texture?

Edited by pennifuin