Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shanglo

El music files

Hi im creating a movie with screenshots from our guild and im wondering if anyone knows how to convert the EL music files into files that will run on windows media player

if you do know can you please post or if its simple just pm me in game

P.S i tried changing the program it opens with to windows media player and it doesnt work

TY yours truely

Shanglo

or you could get the ogg/vorbis codecs for WMP? don't even have to decode/encode (which loses quality)

well, since I answered on channel 20 already anyway... http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/ (one link from http://www.vorbis.com ) has stuff to install codecs and a heap of other stuff

Edited by ttlanhil

thanx Ttlanhil thst worked. :)

one more thing i was gonna use it to make a video but windows movie maker wont let me import it because ogg isnt supported is there anything i can do?

Just may also mention that when using music from the game for other purposes, its best to have permission to do so with Roja and Entropy before doing so. All this music is copywrited and permission is granted to them to use such pieces of work. In addition, if you know who wrote the songs, you should ask their permission as well. Only stating this, as I wrote some of the songs in the game, and like to keep a record of where my music is being used.

~Sheesh

i sent a message to sheesh but i will put a list of songs i was planning to use here so i can find out who wrote em

windy village

town1

quiet ruins

battle song

idaloran

so ide like the names of the people to contact about these songs

Edited by shanglo

err... el website -> developers -> music/sound FX... not all have contact details, but the names are there with the tracks

Lontas did windy village

Sheesh did battle song and idaloran

Kazra did town1

Zenogias did quietruins

all of these people dont have contact info on them so im wondering if they all have forum accs so i can send some messages

maybe you didn't get the hint last time... the info is there already, and you should have gone to look for it.

in this case, the 'members' link up top, then put in the names you wanna check

of course, you already know sheesh has a forum account

Edited by ttlanhil