Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HeLLRaiZeR

Better death graphic needed.

Well, I was thinking about how the current player death graphic is. I searched for it but didn't find anything similar so please don't get angry if there is one. :D

As it is now we "grue" when we die. Some yellow powder blushes up and then we get the old dear "Loading, please wait" screen arriving in underground. What I'd like to see is a better death animation.

I like the way gargoyles die. Once they hit zero mp they fall forward and lie dead. If we could have an animation like this for players it would be great! Off course the corpse can't lay dead like the gargoyle does for a longer time. I think the garg corpses vanishes once they spawn, but perhaps 30 seconds or so for players is okay?

As for the dying player, you could see yourself drop over and then it takes perhaps 5-10 seconds until you do the automatic transfer to underground. I've sworn alot times when a radon pouch kills me and I doesn't notice it until I see myself appear in underground. It all goes so instantly fast.

This suggestion would actually gain pkers, it's kind of hard to notice if a person dies or teleports sometimes. ;)

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

i like it, see db's more clearly though with a corpse underneath might make more bagjumping but would make it easier for bag-returners

Nonsense! Us mighty Dwarven folk when slain stand tall short and proud, then disappear in a vast cloud of ore dust blinding all within 4 rods around!! :D

yeah interesting, it would be cool once you die as a 'death penalty' that you just have to sit and watch your corpse for 20-30 seconds, unable to speak/move/interact, befoe you spawn in underground. i cant see how it would effect lag, because it would be no diferent from the character being there pre-death?

would be great during wars/mass brawls because it would be easier to see who was dead, (as apposed to checking through a mass of text which i could imagine is very stressful during a fight!!)

I much prefer just poofing rather than dropping to the ground like animals/monsters. I hope we don't get anything like this at all :D

It's pretty nice to see you laying death ( :confused: )

And you also can see ppl watching you >< and its pretty cool to see a dead dwarf (2coolfool :icon13: ) laying on the ground with a bag over it, like monsters (gargs, gobs) do.

But to wait every time 30 seconds is pretty boring, better do as maximum 20 seconds, or press Alt + Space (?) to got to underworld

I much prefer just poofing rather than dropping to the ground like animals/monsters. I hope we don't get anything like this at all :confused:

Is it because that it would mean that we're just like animals and monsters that you dont like it? Epitomizes the division 'the human race's' has drawn between itself and the 'natural world'...why would we die diferently to animals? In which way are we diferent to animals? (RL and EL)

Edited by pennifuin

if I can get my hands on some mesh files compatible with Blender, I could try my hand at doing a couple death animations :confused:

I'd really like to see this though, fall over then poof after a second on the ground. More realistic and would add a slight bit more dramatic effect to death, not to mention you actually feel like your character just died, not like they teleported

I much prefer just poofing rather than dropping to the ground like animals/monsters. I hope we don't get anything like this at all :)

Is it because that it would mean that we're just like animals and monsters that you dont like it? Epitomizes the division 'the human race's' has drawn between itself and the 'natural world'...why would we die diferently to animals? In which way are we diferent to animals? (RL and EL)

It's a game. I like to be able to just see particles or *poof* and pretend it's not bad and not have to see the realism. If i want to see death look real, i'll just watch the news. :confused:

If you must know, i'd prefer the animals and monsters go *poof* too :icon13:

Edit: Also it was pointed out to me that according to EL storyline, we don't die, we are eternals. So poofing is more appropriate.

Maybe a dark red(like the death message) colored particle system instead of the standard teleport one.

Edited by Nintenduh

liked dead body but if stay to poof atleast make it so there will be red particles ;p

I like the poof, so it stays as a poof :)

Besides, anything else would require programming.

Well, I hope you'll find out relatively soon then that the current "poof" is highly impractical.

Well, I hope you'll find out relatively soon then that the current "poof" is highly impractical.

also a higher percentage of people like the dying idea :P ask around have a servey i am 99.9% positive they will like dying idea better:P

also a higher percentage of people like the dying idea :P ask around have a servey i am 99.9% positive they will like dying idea better:P