Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Client RC available.

I don't know if we are supposed to be checking the new storage on Iscalrith yet or not but you can go into the storage area by using either of the two towers already and you cannot get out. I turned the camera around to see the other side of each door and the both appear to be blocked by solid rock. The northern set of stairs has clipping issues as well with the middle stairs cutting off your feet. :P

If I had not been able to teleport to the portal room I would have been stuck there until I could get a mod to come to the test server and get me out since I have scottie died as a perk. I always go prepared as a tester and I know everyone who is testing things should go prepared but I also know it does not always happen that way. :) Is the error that I can get in to the storage are or that I can't get out?

TirunCollimdus Loving the updates by the way though it is hard to actually play when there is so much to see and do on the test server. :)

1. The gypsum

*White Stone cave [87,16] - the gyspum deposit is black instead of gray,

*Morcraven cave [100,140] - the gypsum deposit is looking like a silver deposit.

2. The maps

When I'm in these maps, my position is not shown on the big Irilion map:

*Aeth Aelfan

*Airus

*Emerald Valley Trade Route

*Glacmor

*Hulda, Land of the Ice Gale

*Hurquin

*Imroglio Islands

*Irsis

*Iscalrith

*Isles of the Forgotten

*Kusamura Jungle

*Melinis

*North Redmoon Island

*South Redmoon Island

*Thelinor

*Trassian

*Willow Vine Forest

*Zirakinbar

There's another thing connected to it, if you log off and on on these maps, you'll see Seridia map when you press the Tab button, it is totally confusing.

3. Where to get stuck

*Trassian Caves - Wizard's Passage [44,737] - I couldn't exit the cave (but I could enter),

*Iscalrith Insides [684,716] (storage) - the door out of the storage are working only one way (cant exit), as TirunCollimdus already posted

*Iscalrith Insides [520,674] - the same - door are working only one way

Zirakinbar map [61,263] through [61,245], and [64,265] through [64,246] the bridge walkable tile's are 4 wide, but it looks as though you a balanced on the bridge rail, with one foot walking on air. At [61,245] your standing 1/2 way inside the pillar.

no xmas IP this year??

Edit by Roja: No because we have no way to taking it out without another client update.

actually, since the server sends the map file name to load, you'd only need to have both versions in an installer, then probably only a server config change and restart (to ensure everything is transitioned right) to go to a different one (there are probably a few server code issues, and the download would be bigger, but it should be reasonably easy if you were keen to do this)

I've already thought of that. It won't work as another map.bmp file would have to be included.

I deleted Mirrors.lst And now everything is running fine, The Isla Prima Map looks great.

The Emerald Vally map need to be updated to show the passage to the Willowvine map.

Edit 1:

In the Bethel Caverns [87,61], some of the black harvestable rocks there (Obsidian?) seems to be floating in air, and not connected to the wall.

Edit 2:

The new C2 map (irilion.bmp) is wrong - the Melinis part is shown as the same size as Sedicolis and Bethel parts (actually Melinis looks smaller), yet Sedicolis and Bethel are 192X192 maps, while Melinis is a 384X384 map.

Edit 3:

The Kusamura map is marked as having a direct exit to Willowvine Forest, but the you actually need to go through a cave first. Also - Willowvine Forest is not marked as having an exit to Kusamura. The connection is exactly like the Melinis-Thelinor connection, which is also indirect (you need to go through a cave first), and that one is not marked on either maps.

Edited by smalul

P.S. The Linux and Mac client are not available yet, but if you really want to test, compile the CVS client and use wine or something to extract the new files.

Done. Made a bzipped tarball, along with a BSD client and an install.sh, if anyone wants to host it (9MB), contact me in game or via forumpm.

When you start the client, the gamma setting is the same value as you set it, but actually you start at gamma = 1, and you need to change the setting a bit for gamma to actually change (in my case - I set the gamma to 1.35, but when I start the client, the display is always darker, and I have to change the value manually).

Edit 1:

If you look at the door in Willowvine Forest [306,355] (second level - in the trees), you can actually see the door is not connected to the tree. Most tree doors in that map has that problem, but the one seems to the be the worst.

Edit 2:

The bridge to the door in Willowvine Forest [287,355] is not marked on the map (the other bridges are marked).

Edit 3:

When you log on in Emerald Valley Trade Route or Willowvine Forest, the continent map shows C1 general map (seridia.bmp) and not C2 general map (irilion.bmp). Also - going from Emerald Valley to Willowvine Forest or the other way around doesn't change it - the continent map still shows C1. Only when you go to Idaloran, the continent map changes to C2, and then if you go to Emerald Valley Trade Route or Willowvine Forest, you see C2 continent map.

I will try to check this for other maps as well.

Confirmed for the following maps (shows C1 map as continent map at log on):

Emerald Valley Trade Route

Willowvine Forest

Aeth Aelfan

Kusamura Jungle

Irsis

Now that I think of it, I'm quite sure it's the same list as the one Ulrih posted here - http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...30947&st=26

Edited by smalul

As soon as there's an official linux client ready, I'll make a new RPM release.

Sorry for the slow pace of SFX development in the past few days -- I'm getting ready for xmas, and it's hectic. Hopefully once I'm *on* xmas vacation, I'll be able to program just fine and knock off the last two fx on my list. :laugh:

Edited by KarenRei

I have no idea whether this bug is related to the new version of ELC or not...

Here is the screenshot - http://dejan.lekic.googlepages.com/bones-bug.jpg . - As You can see, i have somehow managed to have bones take two slots. I have "armed" myself with a bone, and later when i decided to put it back to inventory i noticed bones took two slots. IMHO it is a bug.

Post will be updated while testing

PV Blacksmith cave

def file seems to be missing; nothing that worked before is working, can't get out either. No triggers for that cave anywhere, including the blacksmith itself and the fun ride.

PV Escape tunnels

You are in the Palon Vertas escape tunnels [280,296] accessible tiles, not sure they should be.

Isle of the Forgotten

Flickering of the door:

elscreen003vb0.th.png

Iscarlith

Some reported storage being accessible one way, however, currently one can't access the storage. "You are too far away from the door" message. You are in Iscalrith [256,154]

Opinion: moving this storage makes the mines kinda useless :S. Would've been nicer to see irinveron storage moved to the other side of the lake for yeti trainers

Edited by RallosZek

Just checked Irsis general store again and from the outside the whole building registers as a door that does not work. If you mapwalk you can still walk through the walls of the store and then use the door from inside of the store and actually go into the general store. I know the NPCs are not being added yet but the whether the NPC gets added or not this still seems pretty serious. ;)

TirunCollimdus

When you go to the Tyrnim exit in WS, it gives you the PK map warning, tho the map appears to be non-pk.

When mapwalking, I seem to stop for a second about every five seconds. (still did it even when i turned poor man on) Could be my side, even though I kept 30 FPS, it stopped when i turned on isomectric veiw

Ruins of Tirnym (154, 51) The wall here flickers

Ruins of Tirnym (136, 55) You can still walk through the tree here

Ruins of Tirnym (101, 36) the 2d objects flicker here

Inside the place of magic in Tirnym, the door doesn't let you out, and when you click on the compass, you get "You are in [x, y]"

WhiteStone [747,367] You can see the misty or black area through some spaces between the mountains and the ground tiles

Just occured to ask, do you want us to report mapbugs like above?

Edited by Dunian

Icy told me that the doors to Iscalrith storage got fixed and then broken again. I will check them again later myself to see if they are still broken. I just found a spot on the Irsis general store that lets me walk through the walls into the space where the building though the door not working etc... still applies. :) I just tried to map mark the fruit by the general store and the word was placed on the other side of the river on the map.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus