Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Rad Ultim

56K Modem

Guest Rad Ultim

Hello there!

I was first wanting to know if anyone here uses a 56k modem and plays this game. I usually connect at about 30kbps and don't want to spend a long download time to something that won't work well for me.

The main reason that I am interested in getting started here is to get some more information on how people create MMORGPs and such, since I am intereted in starting my own project one day. I read a guide from one of the admins here and I thought I would see what's cooking over in this corner of the internet.

Thanks in advance!

-Rad

P.S. Can an admin add an "a" at the end of my name? I didn't realise I did that. I'd like my name to be "Rad Ultima" lol

Thanks again!

This is a very low bandwidth game, I run 2 bots and my most used bot has current stats:

after 17:35 hours:minutes of running since logon (there was a server update overnight) it has sent 95219 bytes and received 730107 bytes (an average of 5KB an hour sent, 42KB an hour received).

Come join the game, the download is definitely worth it :pinch:

Hello there!

I was first wanting to know if anyone here uses a 56k modem and plays this game. I usually connect at about 30kbps and don't want to spend a long download time to something that won't work well for me.

A while back, before I moved to DSL, I was playing with a messed driver on a Ubuntu Box (I had a software-driven modem), and the game worked well at 14.4KB/s. 28.8KB/s and above work perfectly, and I played EL on a 56K modem for three years.

Edited by crusadingknight

P.S. Can an admin add an "a" at the end of my name? I didn't realise I did that. I'd like my name to be "Rad Ultima" lol

Thanks again!

Fixed :pinch:

Modem works well for me too. The downloads are long but only a few. I do notice that surfing or using other web services will cause some nasty lag, it's best if I only play the game with no more than one web page open.

Guest Rad Ultima

Thank you all for the input! I will definitely download the client sometime and see how things work. :P

@Aislinn, thanks for fixing my name!

I normally play on a cable modem (6Mbps down) here in the US.

But recently I got my Blackberry Pearl 8100 to act as a bluetooth modem for my Mac and a standard modem for my PC. I normally get 200kbps down, but have been in bad cellular spots where it was 24k down and it played just fine. :o

So I would think 30kps down would work for ya.

Welcome to EL :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.