Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon_Drakkar

Monster events?

I was wondering, could it be possible, that there could be a news guy (just a NPC in each city) could tell something like:

''A mass of Gargoyels is marching to White stone city and will arive at *date* If you want to join the army, then .................................''

So you could begin a war.

This must have interests because I don't think someone wants to fight 1vA bunch of gargs. :wink:

Tell it if you hate/like it... it's just my imagine...

Yeah, pretty good idea. Has come up on the old forums a few times too. Lemme see what I can remember of it:

Suggestions for the information, how ppl know there's a big army heading our way:

1. Guards at the boarders of the city, who'll scream 'Help help help, teh big bad Trolls aer gonna pwn me!'

2. Monastries, or something of the like, which'll ring a huge bellm hearable in the entire city/map (maybe accompanied by a message telling the bell rings)

3. Tell it on the site.

4. NPC thing Drakkar said.

5. Flyers in taverns/inns/shops

6. Players telling eachother (so like, only one player hears it from an NPC, he tells it to everyone else - if he doesn't for some reason, the Mods/Devs will)

The first two will only help out ATM; you wont know it days before. The site thing might be a bit too big, too many people will know about it too fast, and its NOT rp. Four and Five will do, but might get neglected a bit, 6 is totally based on the community. Would be nice to mix m up a bit.

Suggestions of 'joining the army':

1. You don't. You just walk to the city see lotsa people orcs and you charge.

2. You'll sign up at an NPC, if you pay him (x) money, you'll rent/buy a full set of weapons/armor (at lower costs as normal if you buy m, rent would be really cheap, but after the event you'd lose the stuff) Dont pay and you're name is on the list. If you sign up you get money afterwards, but you'll have to be in the city for (x) minutes before the battle starts

3. You'll just put your name on a list and try to make it in time - just to check how many people would come, maybe adjust the attackers strength to that (so that 10 players wont face 1 million ogres or the other way around)

4. Everytime you talk to an NPC s/he reminds you of the attack, and if you'd like to join. Your name gets on a list (see 3)

5. some more I forgot...

Bonusses and Malusses to each one, mixing would be nice again.

And I am *sure* there was something else, but I forgot about it... 0.0

Ah heck, good that this has been brought up once more.

Thanks guys!

I also think that NCP's and flyers will not be checked many times.

Telling on the site would be a bit strange, because it isn't that important. (Just know that you don't walk in unarmed...)

But i also don't see someone screaming ''AAAHHH MONSTERS!!!!! ON *DATE* ''

Has come up on the old forums a few times too

Well, i'm new... :oops:

However, I would make it so that bystanders only have a 40% item loss chance, to be fair.

Yeah, you don't want to lose your brand new Titan Serp when you tragicly focused your whole game on getting it.

Has come up on the old forums a few times too

Well, i'm new...

Hehe, I'm talking about the FUD forums. They were deleted in November 2003... o.0 That's way back...

Telling on the site would be a bit strange, because it isn't that important. (Just know that you don't walk in unarmed...)  

Well, depends on how big the attack will be. If it's just an attack of a few gobbies, CO should be able to defend the town on their own, but if huge hordes of Ogres start coming up, I'll guess they could use a hand too, and that hand needs a bit of coordination. Although the site might be a bit too rigorous...

i really like this idea :P

maybe you could get a reward per monster killed?

so say something the npc asks you what you would like at a reward frm a choice of attack/combat/defense exp

you would collect at the end something like 500 exp per kill for the skill you chose?

Id also like to point out the fact that trik's army DO really exist, maybe you could fight along side them, see the 1000000000000 leather gloves they've got in action

Lol, all sounds good to me....I like the idea of adding events like this. Maybe we could make is so that there are a few rabid boars for the noobs to attack, dozens of gobs, three or four orcs and three or for trolls. Some sort of incentive type system would also be nice:D

hmmm Maybe register of what you would like to attack and nothing else but that will attack you but o well

It sounds good that it has something to do with Trik.

But it is not really good when Trik says: "Bunnies are taking over the world!!!''

But how can you make it that the ones that choosed the rabbits don't meet the Cyclopses?

PS. the first one that sais that orcs should go to WHITE stone CITY has wached to much LOTR 8)

There might be main evil monster npc who rules all evil forces and monsters....and he is ultra strong surounded by thousand minions and only a large group of cooperative PC can kill it :D