Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beaverhunter

Improvement of Counters and Quest/General log

When harvesting/alching/crafting... alot you sure want to keep track on some statistics, at least I want. So the counters are very nice to peek at then and then to see those high scores and maybe take a screenshot on the current progress (example to look back on later), or maybe show a friend how much spare time you got in your life=p And sure you can do that pretty easy now but theres no counter for rare stones etc...=O

My suggestion is:

Add a counter for:

Rare stones. (Nice to keep track on) (Rare stones are of course, enrichment, rosto, binding, serpent)

Events. (Might be a good laugh to compare cavern wall headaches)

Minor suggestions:

Total gc, spent and earned. Aswell as maybe an averange gc earned per hour.

Items bought, how many pickaxes have you bought? Or how many feasting potions did you use?

Second is about Quest log... Right now its very hard to keep track on what you have done and not done in a quest, the quest log is quite a mess to say the least.

The same goes for the general chat logging, eventually endning up with 20MB .txt file isn't very fun to look through, even open it takes a few minutes. And 20MB isn't even much...it can get bigger.

My suggestion is:

Questlog:

Add tabs or [+] for every quest that expands out and you can see each point of the quest you completed and not. Maybe even make the quest log an own window.

Quest "checkpoints" need to be "clearer" and with less text.

General chatlog:

Maybe add an external program that manage and opens up the chatlog, where you can see things in different colors aswell as search thought and filter by date.

Edited by Beaverhunter

I like that idea having events in counters thing, but I'm not sure what you meen with Quest Log...

I like that idea having events in counters thing, but I'm not sure what you meen with Quest Log...

Well I didn't want to make it a too long text about it... Since its no fun to read for most ppl. But I kinda expected it to be clear enought since if you have done the quests you will know what I mean... It's a total mess of text, not knowing what is related to what and what quests you even completed or not. Several oldies have come back lately saying like "I don't remember if I have done that quest lol" or someone who changed comp "I don't know what to do since my quest log is empty, I have no idea of my progress".

My suggestion was to clear this up in general and to maybe make some "tabs" where it says like "Quest 1" or well the quest name like [+] "Leather Quest". Where you can click on the [+] to get the details on that specific quest and see your progress.

You get the idea?

no i dont like the counter idea bc it will show that since i got the new el server i never found ANYTHING!!! and i have like 2000k cavern wall headaches...........

j/king

I like the idea!! it could be a new tab...

Hmm oki, Yeah I was kinda expecting others to have notice it just as I mentioned before... Sorry for not searching on that though... but my main suggestion is about some small changes in Counters and also an idea about how to make General chatlog readable.

Hmm oki, Yeah I was kinda expecting others to have notice it just as I mentioned before... Sorry for not searching on that though... but my main suggestion is about some small changes in Counters and also an idea about how to make General chatlog readable.

To answer your pm, all already discussed elsewhere, hence this being locked. Next repeat will get deleted.