Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GatorJaws

Conflict with EL and Zone Alarm

I have been using Zone Alarm firewall program for along time.. Never had problems...

Soon after I started playing EL I noticed that Zone Alarm was not allowing any internet traffic.

It blocks all Outlook Express and Internet Explore Internet Connection attempts.... while EL is active... If I shutdown ZA I can access the net again, and shuting down only EL does not fix ZA.

This ONLY occurs when I am playing EL. I have NEVER had ZA block OE or IE from connecting before.

Basicly I cant check my e-mail or visit websites (el.owns.it) while playing EL. [as a work around for el.owns.it I have made it availible off-line so I can see my off-line copy while playing]

Any clues??

Later,

GatorJaws

You sure it's EL? I (have been, yesyes, don't pick me on that) running EL fine with ZA on. Sure you've got everything configured right? And are you sure you've got the latest version of ZA; and it's not corrupt or anything (had that for a while :s)

Maybe, if you're useing a router, the problem could be the router too (IC with ZA, that is) try resetting/configuring that one too.

And lastly, if you're using ZA Pro, sorry but I can't help you, never wanted to pay for it :S

It wouldn't suprise me if ZoneAlarm was having problems because EL loves to hog the entire system (specially if you have a slow CPU and fast video).