Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hitmens

fighting tournaments

i was dreaming last night and i had a wonderful idea...how about a fighting tournament??most likely in a special arena where u dont lose stuffs when died and ur items wont break,and the winner gets all,players can create tournaments and fight them...of course the tournaments will be chosed by skill lvl ex:(bigginer tournaments---a/d 3>10---p/c 3>10----sword rule "iron broad sword"---winner gets all) ahh? u like it? its a really good place to train character without losing stuff when died.

The idea is to make combat skills training easier, less risky, right? I don't think this is EL's philosophy...

Edit after The_Knight's post (just below): no drop + no exp is good :P

Edited by Jarld

Tournaments: Set up with donated prizes from players, in a No drop, No exp Arena. Different kinds of Tourneys, 1v1, Massive Group Fights (Guilds?), and Each man for himself (Last man standing).

I LOVE THE IDEA!

Hmm... i remember such an tournament.. there was one about 1 yr ago or so.. it was quite funny to watch :P

Found a pic of it.. the date on my pic says this tournament was May 06

EAFCHAMPIONSHIP.jpg

Edited by Scorpius

That wasn't really a tourney, you had 1 champion who could be challenged by people around his a/d p/c.

I started out as champion last time it was revived, I was challenged by Hardcore, but I beat him.

When fleeing rules changed due to silly opinions I gave up the leadership and Enius became leader.

I think then Waraxe beat him and Hardcore challenged WarAxe again. Which is where you took this pic.

Here are some more pictures from the battle between me and Hardcore, Cyprom took them.

Before1.jpg

Before2.jpg

Start.jpg

TheWinner.jpg

End.jpg

-Blee

this is a nice idea and has happened before (ppl just gave stuff back) but your post just doesn't make sense

first you say 'no drops' and then 'winner takes all' ?

How about an arena with the following 'special day' effects permanently in effect:

no drop

day of the brave

(possibly) no breakage

and no exp of course

and then a bookkeeper NPC where you can bet on the fighters :(

a crowd cheering 'fight fight fight kill kill kill' sitting around it :D

Edited by sithicus

The idea (How I interpreted it) was that there would be a battle arena where you could challenge someone, and in that arena there would be no drops/no exp. You could place a bet that you would beat the opponent and if you won you would get your opponents bet, and if he won he would win yours. It wouldnt be one tourney, but a ongoing event at some arena that would be permanently set like that. And if you die you would go to the NPC where the challenge was set up? (<My idea).

I think the Battle hall would be a great location for the idea, and you could have a NPC there to set up the fights, and where you could place your bets. The NPC could also charge say 500gc a fight (Just an idea).

And If possible you could set what weapons are used, and what armor is used.

Once Again I love the idea! :D

Edited by The_Knight

How about an arena with the following 'special day' effects permanently in effect:

no drop

day of the brave

(possibly) no breakage

and no exp of course

and then a bookkeeper NPC where you can bet on the fighters :(

a crowd cheering 'fight fight fight kill kill kill' sitting around it :D

No drop - GOOD

Day of the Brave - BAD

No breakage - NOT neccesary but can be a nice addition I suppose.

No exp - Same as above

Why I vote no fleeing as bad, is because fleeing can be part of a strategy.

Betting doesn't require an NPC either. You can take a middle-man. The event team or a moderator could do this?

-Blee

Though the NPC would do the work, so the Mod/Middle man wouldn't have to.

Why not make it easier and make it all automated, then there wouldnt be a chance to get scammed.

Why not make it easier and make it all automated, then there wouldnt be a chance to get scammed.
where possible, allow the players to do more stuff.

sure, there's a chance that the people (because you aren't limited to one) running betting might take off... but if they're well known, it isn't that likely... it has been done at fights before, and went okay

And maybe to get a extra reward every1 needs to pay entrance depending on their a/d/p/c.

That would be far more fair since there are ppl wich will camp there and win alot cuz their high.

And you need to pay every tourney.

I also like the idea :D

Mabe just one special arena...Like this. Noone cant enter there antil the chalange begin. Its looks like this:

Someone chelnge someone for a battle. Chelenger chose what kind of battle woud it be (no weapons,only swords,etc) then they set the time and a message goes throw the etrnal-land thet there is gona be a tournament. BUT message goes only for realy high lvl players (no one woud go to watch noobs fight). ANd then players go to arena and place there bets on a some of the players. Afcorse there is a reworde for a winer and other you can imagine :)