Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKnight

Skill Balancing

Ok, after thinking about the vitality thing, I was thinking about how about the only people who can afford it are the manu people from titanium weapons and sometimes fighters from rare drops. So i was thinking that other skills should have some more high level stuff to make them more worthwhile as a specialization. I mean like with summoning, it's fun, but it's hard and not all that practical. So here's some ideas, feel free to critique or add some as you like:

Harvesting: Platinum

Alchemy: Platinum bars

Magic: Teleport other

Potions: Potion of Fasting- For a limited time, your food level will not drop.

Potion of Regeneration- Health will regenerate at 2 points every 10 seconds, gradually slowing.

Summoning: Elementals

Let me know what you think.

Potions: Potion of Fasting- For a limited time, your food level will not drop.

Fasting makes you hungry, not make you stay at same. Trust me I fast once every year and it makes you HUNGRY.

Ummm why do you ever want to get hungry? But guess waht just cause you don't WANT to get hungry doesn't mean you don't (but boy do you ever not want to when fasting ^_^)

Ok, no offense, but can we please get off the topic of the names. That's why i didn't put in a recommended level, because people would start talking about that instead of looking at the idea.

how would teleport other work? Just go up to random people and zap them to someplace else? it'll never happen, but it would be cool :)

how about you cast the spell, click a person and they are transported to the special map that enable you to enter a portal to most maps? it should be a bit cheaper in the essence department tho as your doing it mostly as a service to others.

in fact there should be more "remote" type spells as there are right now only the remote heal and thats it. maybe a remote armor, and remote antidote maybe. but for this to work the client side code for useing magic on targets needs to be cleaned up. no way am i going to be offering my services if i need to click cast and then click use and rightclick a target! give me a special mouse cursor damn it!'

there was talk about some summoning only "monsters" in the works btw...

Ya i guess it would be easier just to do it for the portals room. But it takes all the fun out. Oh and i remember someone suggested stronger skill and stat raising potions. Oh and definitely stronger hp/mp restoring pots.

I was also thinking there should be a more powerful animal, since people can now kill bears, so by the time people get to 45 summoning, people could kill them like rabbits. Plus you can't summon cyclopses. I think there should be lions/tigers, elephants. However, those would need to be in a seperate map, since those animals live in a different ecosystem. And, even though its a bit unrealistic, have a map with dinosaurs.