Eternal Lands Official Forums
setec

Recall/Rememberance/Memory concerning your dead bag

I have only been playing a month, not the years like some players. So, if this suggestion is stupid, then I apoligize. :)

I think it would be nice if there was something in place to PM you the coordinates of your dead bag when you die. There are a lot of people who were in the woods, for instance, and not sure the exact spot.

This would be an expensive item so that not every n00b had one. Maybe 20,000gc.

It could be either a book you research then always have that ability or it could be a piece of jewelry you wear. The problem with that is if your wearing this item and it is one of the items dropped in the deadbag, I guess you wouldn't get the PM about your dead bag.

Possible names:

Book of Rememberance, Rememberance Ring, Medallion of Rememberance

Book of Final Vision, Ring of Final Vision, Medallion of Final Vision

or anyname you would want.

Anyway, that was my idea. Again, sorry if it is lame or not suitable for EL.

:confused:

Well, I don't think it is really needed. As losing your db is part of game play. Something I do if I am in a big area is get the coords if I am fighting a hard monster.

Losing your DB to a monster: 80,000 gc

Staff of I Got Pwned: 200,000 gc

Clicking on the compass while you fight: absolutely free.

It's true, you can click the compass to get the cords before you die. But sometimes you're to busy trying to survive the battle (healing, trying to flee, changing armor/weapons) and just don't think about, or have time to click the compass.

How about a compromise - have the death message include the coordinates of where you died:

bkc56 has gone to meet his maker. (154,233)

How about a compromise - have the death message include the coordinates of where you died

That would make the job of all surrounding bagjumpers easier, in my opinion...

I agree that hitting compass during chancy fight is a good way to preserve the location of bag if/when you die. I have often wished there were some way of leaving identification of death bag though.....or any bag. It would help those who find a bag and wish to return it and would make a clear distinction with bag left in mine whether it is discard or belongs to someone who is bag mixing.

Sorry I did quick search on subject of 'death bag identification' and didn't come up with anything at all. Sometimes just don't know what to look for I guess.

Edited by shamara

Guys...this has been discussed countless times and labeling bags is not going to happen. That includes coords.

Deathbags are no longer your property.

labby lets say your training in bethel/snow map where a drop bag doesnt show up, and some parts of the spawn your on u can see a bag, even if ur training for + 2 hrs are you seriously gonna tell me your gonan do (click coords) every single time :P

Guys...this has been discussed countless times and labeling bags is not going to happen. That includes coords.

Deathbags are no longer your property.

Sorry about that. I have only been on a month. I couldn't find anything related to this in search, but maybe I just wasn't searching very well.

I think it would be nice if there was something in place to PM you the coordinates of your dead bag when you die.

Such a feature was implemented in a pr0( eBuL/SeXeh) client, which was used long time ago and was ... illegal ;>

eMPi

labby lets say your training in bethel/snow map where a drop bag doesnt show up, and some parts of the spawn your on u can see a bag, even if ur training for + 2 hrs are you seriously gonna tell me your gonan do (click coords) every single time :P

Thats the risk in training in areas like that. There needs to be some risk and challenge to EL or it wont be fun!

having a way to know co-ords where your bag is when you die isn't new... but an item to do this? I think that's a new twist, and may be worth more consideration.

we already have rostogol stones, to prevent any loss of items... for a cost.

this idea could simply be a baby-rost; it doesn't prevent you dropping anything, but does tell the person who died where their bag is. and like a rost, you lose it each time you die. each use will be expensive, since you have to replace the baby-rost each time, but not as much as a real rost... so there would be a market for these too

heck, this could even use 'damaged' rostos, and the user has no idea whether a rosto is a fully powered or log-only one... they look the same and not until you have to use it will you find out (due to technical limitations, this would mean rostos have a chance to only give coords instead of keep items, not 2 item types)