Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rowah

Holiday drops

This is pretty much self explanatory.

Perhaps on holidays random items like easter eggs or santa hats should be spawned around the world?

Perhaps on holidays random items like easter eggs or santa hats should be spawned around the world?

You have to be kidding me, how much more of a copy of rs can you get.

Perhaps on holidays random items like EASTER EGGS or SANTA HATS should be spawned around the world?

Santy hats???? :shock: :shock: :shock: AAAAAHHHHH!!! RUNESCAPE!!! AHHHH!!! EVIL!!!

Seriously though, the drops aforementioned were person sponsered drops, with normal items already in the game.

Unique items would do just as much damage to EL as they did to Runescape.

seriously having played rs making so called "special items" ends in nothing but shit. here read this from rs news, this was the day i quit.

22nd December 2003 - Christmas Drop

This is just a quick note to say that there aren't going to be any RuneScape items

dropped at christmas. I really don't like having to say this, but I can't see any sensible alternative.  

This is because the last few drops actually caused a lot of upset, and resulted in a *huge*

number of complaints from players who didn't manage to get an item

(or didn't get as many as their mates). Many players seemed to get really upset about the drop

which is of course the exact opposite of the intended effect.  

These drops used to be fun, when we started them - because they were a suprise,

and nobody took them too seriously. They were just a little bit of extra fun for people

who were around at the time. However nowadays many players seem to expect the

'suprise' drop to happen, and so it just doesn't work the same.  

Please don't go complaining to customer-support or moaning on the forums

about the christmas drop. It won't change anything. Of course I'm expecting we'll get lots of

complaints whatever we do :-( Which just goes to prove how horribly wrong the whole

holiday-drop thing has become. The more complaints we get the more it proves to me that we

really need to just stop the whole holiday-drop thing before the situation gets even worse.  

On a more positive note, we are instead going to focus our time & efforts on improving  

the game in other exciting ways, and working on getting RS2 ready for launch early next year.

seriously having played rs making so called "special items" ends in nothing but shit. here read this from rs news, this was the day i quit.

Then you have never played UO... Just because one game fails to do something right, you can't blame the idea itself...

Although personally I dislike simple drops of unique items at events, but then again... we have NO UNIQUE items ATM anyway and since the beaver-fur-boom even a newbie can get a serp after killing a reasonable number of beavers, so I don't see which items in EL are so "special" at all (except for the black cape)

OMG this anti-RS behavior is really ridculous sometimes... I mean like shadow said, PSO had the same feature and I think nearly every online game has events based on real-life events, coz it simply PWNS!! :) So just coz RS seems to have it (never played it) it doesnt mean EL shouldnt have it JUST to be different...

cya around

i have a great idea lets make rune items!

JK NO WAY IN HELL WOULD ANY1 IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT