Eternal Lands Official Forums
molime

PRE RC bugs

In certain maps you get the notice 'You can't harvest here' when clicking/scrolling 'Clear' in the mix window. Confirmed by Chance and Asgnny.

Not tested everywhere, but maps where this occurs:

- Portland insides

- Glacmor insides

- South Redmoon insides

- Trassian insides

- VotD insides

It did not happen outside in those maps, or in Trassian Caves map. Neither in NC or DP storage.

(edit: some additions when I run into more)

Edited by molime

nor does it happen at raven

also:

glacmor cave map: it happens in the glacmor school and the areas with the flower shop and general store. it does NOT happen in the glacmor mining cave or in the little hidden orc place

Edited by Chance

No shield spell vfx.

No restore spell vfx.

They do work with ttlanhil's test client.

/EDIT: they do work on other players, so when somebody next to me restores, I see a vfx, but not when I cast shield ...

/EDIT2: stupid me, restore vfx does work on me, but only if there's something to restore ...

Edited by Florian

it crashes just as it passes the initial load screen

however the old client is working fine

any system info,etc that i should post to help debug it ?

Old client works much faster for me. New client works slowly with low fps regardless of turning effects on/off.

EDIT: for some reason, game works much faster if i put limit to 13-14 fps than to put it unlimited.

Edited by grearien

Running on Windows XP Pro., EL 1.3.2p8

When I go to options (ELconfig) and turn off "Enable Sound Effects" I get this error every time:

"Error initializing sound: Invalid Operation"

I get the same error every time I turn off "Enable Music"

I do NOT get the error when I turn on sound and music and I can hear sound and music just fine.

There error never occurred on EL 1.3.2

Weird.

The Manufacture window has brown borders on the squares like normal.

I quit the game, reentered the game and now the square borders are green while the Mix, Mix All, Clear, and "X" buttons are brown bordered. "Manufacture" is still in brown.

I #quit again, reloaded the game and now it is back to normal.

Not sure if that was a one-time freak thing or not.

As soon as I moved the manufacture window, the borders of the squares went green again. And sometimes it flashes from green to brown. I have never seen this with the older client.

Edited by setec

It kinda fixed the audio bug, it works for the most part except if you click sounds on and off 4 times or so in a row, you cant get music back without restarting the client. Only got the invalid message once and thats was it.(Ingame option screen.)

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Old client works much faster for me. New client works slowly with low fps regardless of turning effects on/off.

EDIT: for some reason, game works much faster if i put limit to 13-14 fps than to put it unlimited.

If you have speed problems, it really helps if you post your system specs.

Also, try to disable or enable the Vertex Nuffer Objects thingy in the Advanced video tab.

erm.. is it just me or is the EL Clock invisible in the upper left of it?

i mean the rest is visible just the upper left is invisible

Windows XP, nvidia geforce2 MX graphic card, Vertex Buffer objects enabling/disabling doesn't make any difference.

BTW, are you comparing the FPS results in a fair way?

I mean, like going in some inside area, with no people around, and testing both clients?

Because otherwise you are going to get different FPS based on factors such as lights, shadows, number of objects, nearby players, etc.

I've tested both clients in same place in tyrnim. Tested them on another computer also, with windows xp, geforce4 graphic card, there wasn't difference in speed between 2 clients, so i guess it's my graphic card problem.

Guest TuffEnuff

i tested the test client and it seems it does lagg abit more when picking stuff up from a bag than from on the older client.

also when i try the special magic effects it crashes the client everytime. (tried different spells like harm,restoration,shield and remote heal)

altho im on a really crappy cpu specs are a intel p2 400 mhz, win xp pro, 256 mb ram, and nvidia vanta/vanta lt. (will be upgrading card by xmas to a geforce card)

the mix window seems to be werking fine. (mixed alott of fe's and he's)

going back to the old client till i update my vid card.

Edited by TuffEnuff

Any idea what the problem was?

i guess it was just a problem with my pc needing a reboot, seems to work fine now

In certain maps you get the notice 'You can't harvest here' when clicking/scrolling 'Clear' in the mix window.

im getting this bug next to the summon god priest, when i miscliked the clear button trying a mountain chim :icon13:

I seem to have a wierd problem. I try to make a fur torso and get immediately disconnected from the server.

This doesn't happen with other items I manufacture.

I swapped back to the original 1.3.2 client and it functions perfectly.

I am using Linux and downloaded the CVS on 8/12/2006 and compiled it so I dont no if it happens with the windows RC

I seem to have a wierd problem. I try to make a fur torso and get immediately disconnected from the server.

This doesn't happen with other items I manufacture.

I swapped back to the original 1.3.2 client and it functions perfectly.

I am using Linux and downloaded the CVS on 8/12/2006 and compiled it so I dont no if it happens with the windows RC

Try the latest CVS after an update to mamu*.c makes it out. Found a buffer overfload that happens when you mix 6 items.

I'm using EL client version 1.3.2p8 Beta under windows XP.

I was AFK, and when I returned a saw a few of those messages:

Could not add special effect. Increase NUMBER_OF_SPECIAL_EFFECTS.

I've checked the options menu (CTRL-O), but didn't find such an option.

I don't know what special effect was supposed to be displayed. If it helps - I was sitting near the mm storage NPC, and the first message appeared about 30-35 minutes after the "Message from the EL Lottery: The lucky winner is" message was displayed.

Just thought to let you know about it.

there is a lot of lagg in the client for me ....

i got 2 computer in my home "1) CUP 700 2)CUP 2800 " and they both lagg using the client a lot

so i switch back to the old client it's way better in the laggy thing , right now i train in the old clint , and mix in the new 1 :)

Don't know what changed, but I lag out a TON now on these new clients. It occurs mostly when I have more than one client open, or map editor open too. Before, I could open up about 4 clients before lagging out, and map editor only caused lag..

For me, the SFX are gone, and i compiled with -DSFX.

The Makefile.linux in CVS doesnt work for me, so i used an older one which was able to compile the CVS client like 1 month ago with special effects when i cast spells.

But right now, no more sfx for me when i cast spells.

Piper