Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryuu

Linux Live-cd

I'm running off of a gentoo based live-cd, and I get this error when I try to run EL:

languages/en/strings/help.xml:24: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml

^
languages/en/strings/help.xml:48: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
   ^
languages/en/strings/help.xml:60: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: root line 2 and misc
em in these boxes to equip it</equip_here><equipment>Equipment</equipment></misc																			   ^languages/en/strings/help.xml:61: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
>>>>>>> 1.11
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
   ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
^
<<<<<<< help.xml
 ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
  ^
<<<<<<< help.xml
   ^
languages/en/strings/help.xml:60: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: root line 2 and misc
em in these boxes to equip it</equip_here><equipment>Equipment</equipment></misc																			   ^languages/en/strings/help.xml:61: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
>>>>>>> 1.11
^
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/human.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/dwarf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/elf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/gnome.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/orchan.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/draegoni.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//knowledge.xml"

Any help would be appreciated. :huh:

Edit: The game starts, but the graphics are messed up and all text appears as boxes. :S

Edited by Ryuu

Looks like there is an unresolved merger conflict in the xml files.

The seven '<' (and matching '>') are used to mark these, which must be resolved by hand before continuing (development or packaging). Do you see these marks in the affected files?

Where did you get the EL distro from? Such conflicts *must* be resolved before distributing or checking the file into cvs.

Edited by trollson

I got my EL distro from the main page.. oh and I only get this error now:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/human.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/dwarf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/elf.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/gnome.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/orchan.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/kororaa/EL//books/races/draegoni.xml"

The graphics are still messed up though; text appears as blocks, so chat and stats are unreadable, lots of textures are wrong and some objects are invisible.

for the first error you have to change the ini in the .elc a hidden folder in your home folder. I used conqurier and set it to view hidden files then used a text editor to change to where i have the game installed. The one with the missing textures was a change in the settings for the video card in the game itself in the advanced video option turn off Compiled Vertex arrays this is what worked for me hope this helps.

Kurok

Edited by Kurok

for the first error you have to change the ini in the .elc a hidden folder in your home folder. I used conqurier and set it to view hidden files then used a text editor to change to where i have the game installed. The one with the missing textures was a change in the settings for the video card in the game itself in the advanced video option turn off Compiled Vertex arrays this is what worked for me hope this helps.

Kurok

Thanks for the reply, but I can't tell what's set in advanced video options because it is all boxes... and my card *does* support vertex arrays, it's a GeForce 6600.

Also, since I'm running a live filesystem it's read-only and and so I can't install it into say /usr

Edit: I also tried to change the #data_dir in the el.ini file, but it doesn't seem to listen to where it is.

Edited by Ryuu

Edit: I also tried to change the #data_dir in the el.ini file, but it doesn't seem to listen to where it is.
that usually means you edited the wrong one. are you sure you edited the one at $HOME/.elc/el.ini ?

realy dont think your gonna be able to do much since your running the live cd i rember now you couldnt make changes as long as you were running that way. I tried using the ubuntu live cd and no dice. Now i run SUSE 10.1 from the hd and these are what i had to do. Also if you install one of the linux distros m ake sure to change the pointer in the .elc file it drove me crazy trying to get it to work untill i changed that one. The regular .ini dosent work.

Kurok

that usually means you edited the wrong one. are you sure you edited the one at $HOME/.elc/el.ini ?

ok, thanks! The graphics are fixed now, but the text still appears as unreadable blocks..

Edit: it seems that I still get an error log when I try to execute from the console (it crashes this way), but it seems like it might have to do with the text issue:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/console.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/errors.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/errors.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/help.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/help.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/options.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/options.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/spells.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/spells.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/stats.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/stats.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/titles.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/titles.xml"

Edited by Ryuu

Yes, the problem is that the data directory is not properly set.

Is the game embedded on the CD, or did you download and uncompress it in your RAM, on some virtual disk?

Yes, the problem is that the data directory is not properly set.

Is the game embedded on the CD, or did you download and uncompress it in your RAM, on some virtual disk?

I uncompressed it to RAM. Anyway after I changed the #date_dir in .elc this time the bad textures and lack of actor definitions problem was resolved, but the text problem wasn't. Here's a screenshot I took on the test server:

screenshotwv7.th.png

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this