Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El Lottery

Its a lottery, it wont be fair.

You are lucky or not, if you dont like it, dont play.

(hopes to be the lucky one) :D

Piper

have you won at loterry in RL before ? :)

Speaking as someone that played in both of the lotteries on the test server when players were asked by Radu, even he didn't know who was going to win, and he was watching the lottery from behind the server to check all was working as it should, this lottery seemed pretty damned fair to me.

Someone is going to moan soon enough about the lottery only paying out 90% of the money spent on tickets as prize funds - apart from the redistribution of wealth, the point of this NPC is a cash drain, taking out 1 million gc from the game every week. If that much cash disappearing doesn't help the economy, what will?

The idea is sound, the method is sound, the result is sound. If you don't want to use the NPC, don't use it, but do not criticise the idea - a lot of work has gone into the programming and we have all seen that if a few people complain Entropy is not above just scrapping the idea on the spot.

Well done development team, another success :D

What I'd like to know if you are picking winning number from 2000 available possibilities (standard lottery), or it is picked from number of sold tickets (only 800 tickets sold, higher chance to win)

From what I saw while on the test server, there is a winner every week, even if only one ticket is sold.

If the winner does not claim the prize in one week from the draw date, the prize rolls over and the next week's winner gets the lot!

There is only one announcement regarding the winner broadcast, and unless there is a change the plan is for the draw to be done every Sunday at 3 PM CST.

I've thought a little about it, I believe that approximately 800 people will buy tickets each week. That is 5K x 800 = 4,000,000 gc - 10% = 3,600,000. That gives me a 100/800=0.125% to win a fortune :)

The idea is great! :) :)

But 9M grand prize each week? (Yes, I know 9M will be the prize ONLY if all tickets are sold) Isn't that a bit too much? Gosh, do you realise what I can get with 9M? (or can't get) :)

And regulating virtual lottery?.... LOL!!

Well anyways, I like it! :P

Edited by sisteMa`

There is only one announcement regarding the winner broadcast, and unless there is a change the plan is for the draw to be done every Sunday at 3 PM CST.

Entropy was kind enough to give me permission to inform winners when they log in, if they weren't online for the announcement. Winners can even get an automatic email from me if they sign up for email with:

/gossip myemail name@whatever.com

then

/gossip subscribe all

Gossip

I've thought a little about it, I believe that approximately 800 people will buy tickets each week. That is 5K x 800 = 4,000,000 gc - 10% = 3,600,000. That gives me a 100/800=0.125% to win a fortune
you plan to buy 100 tickets a week? :)

What I'd like to know if you are picking winning number from 2000 available possibilities (standard lottery), or it is picked from number of sold tickets (only 800 tickets sold, higher chance to win)

From the number of the sold tickets.

Great idea! I could imagine someone buying 2000 tickets and not winning. :)