Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Banned.

Ok.

Me and Woody (Step bro IRL) share accounts (Shoq / Woody) and today I was accused of Illigal Multi.. By BleedingSoul, who did a #abuse about it.. Then I got followed for Mods for about 2 hours, then I logged off for a while, try to log back and I am Locked..

I don't see what we did wrong.. Aislinn said in-game that I was taking Health Essences and SR's to Shoq in0game (Me being on Woody at the time) Which wasn't the case, Woody was on Fluffy spawn all day +8 hours) and only needed one restock.. /yes this is possible. However, I a few times I did go there and take some Potion drops he got from Fluffy, and Shoq also went to storage once to deposit all he got.

If me doing that was Illigal, then I am sorry, I didn't realise.. But I have known others to do this in the past. I have changed the password to Shoq as a cause of this, so nothing like this happens again.

Anything information would be nice..

Greets,

Shoq & Woody.

Ok.

Me and Woody (Step bro IRL) share accounts (Shoq / Woody)

Here is your (inofficial) answer:

4. Do Not Give Out Your Password.

Once you give your password out to anyone, even for the purpose of character sharing, you relinquish all rights to that character. Eternal Lands is not responsible for the return of your character or account, or for the actions of your character once you have disclosed your password.

As of 9th of April 2006, if anyone contacts us about stolen characters, their IP will be permanently banned.

We are tired of babysitting the morons who get scammed, and our time is more precious than that.

If you are so stupid to get scammed, you shouldn't be playing our game in the first place, let alone contact us to fix your mistake.

Piper

Ok, again:

Me and Woody (Step bro IRL) share accounts (Shoq / Woody)

Once you give your password out to anyone, even for the purpose of character sharing, you relinquish all rights to that character.

Piper

Just for the record, this is the small log I gave to the mods, in which Woody clearly tells me he is ShoQ and that he's going to empty ShoQ's inventory. I left it for the mods to find out if it was real multi or if he was just messing with me though.

multiplay.jpg

-Blee

Yes I can read, Piper.

#edit -

How the hell can it be Multi when were running different IP's?

Edited by Shoq

Yes I can read, Piper.

#edit -

How the hell can it be Multi when were running different IP's?

You are running another character to benefit your character. It doesn't matter if your on both of them at the same time or not.

You are running another character to benefit your character. It doesn't matter if your on both of them at the same time or not.

I didn't realise that was breaking the rules, otherwise I wouldn't have done it, I knew same IP stuff wasn't allowed, thats why we were banned befor.. But this I didn't.

Well, sorry.

Hmm it's a bit more involved than the original post implies.

The logs show constant IP/character switching.

They never were on the same IP at the same time, but constantly switched characters and used bag drops to exchange items and keep the spawn.

Not only were you seen doing this, but we have the logs to prove it!

You talked to me about the legality of character sharing. While it is not illegal, you ARE required to follow the rest of the rules as well. So breaking rule 5, AND the spirit of the rules, including the spirit of rule 5, IS illegal.

Nor is this the first time you guys have had run-ins with rule interpretations and getting around them. There is NO way you guys do not know the rules or the spirit of them.

Hmm it's a bit more involved than the original post implies.

The logs show constant IP/character switching.

They never were on the same IP at the same time, but constantly switched characters and used bag drops to exchange items.

Not only were you seen doing this, but we have the logs to prove it!

You talked to me about the legality of character sharing. While it is not illegal, you ARE required to follow the rest of the rules as well. So breaking rule 5, AND the spirit of the rules, including the spirit of rule 5, IS illegal.

Nor is this the first time you guys have had run-ins with rule interpretations and getting around them. There is NO way you guys do not know the rules or the spirit of them.

Yes, he lives in Spain, and I didn't realise what we were doing now (Trading on diff IP's, and switching chars) was Illigal, I understand the Multi rule, as you say we've been banned for that befor. I'm sorry to the mods, who got involved in this, for wasting your time, as I said I did change my password once Aisy told me it was rule breaking so it dosn't happen again.

I also said to Learner, if I do get unlocked, I can assure you this wont be happening again. I wont give out my password, or anything.

Sorry once again,

Shoq.

Found this:

Muling is when you control both characters (or both characters belong to you).

Helping a friend is OK, but creating new characters to go get the mercury, and stuff like that is illegal.

I was wondering, would this be classed as me using both characters? Or both characters being mine? I'm asking for a better understanding of the Rule 5. Because as I see it, I was helping a friend..

I'll shut up now befor I make things worse for myself.

#edit - Edited Quote, I did it wrong.

Edited by Shoq

I'm asking for a better understanding of the Rule 5. Because as I see it, I was helping a friend..
Yes, but only if you each only log on one char, not if you are sharing two characters with one being the primary benefactor.

I'm asking for a better understanding of the Rule 5. Because as I see it, I was helping a friend..
Yes, but only if you each only log on one char, not if you are sharing two characters with one being the primary benefactor.

Oh ok. I mean, I didn't notice Shoq or Woody getting benifits from me getting about 20-40 potion drops. I may be wrong though. Well, thanks for that Atlantis.