Eternal Lands Official Forums
cayuga

Dawn's anniversary contest

Greetings from the Dawn of the Phoenix guild.

Our guild was founded a year ago. Month after month, our members gathered goods and equipment, and put it in safe places.

Bear in mind that the Dawn exploring team was in charge of choosing where to hide our treasures. Priests sealed them and only released three mysterious pieces of paper, which are supposed to describe where to look. Unfortunately, none of us can understand them, now... and our explorer's memories about the exact places got erased (too much deaths on a no drop days had that disastrous side effect, but that's not the subject here).

So we decided to give to all Eternal Lands citizens the chance to look for them, as a present for our guild's birthday.

Asmodina was in charge of keeping them safe, and left with the papers. None of us knows exactly where, but she talked to each one before leaving, so, we probably all caught something about her destination. Come shake our hands and each of us will tell you what he knows (or go search for her, but... these lands are immense). A bit of distraction is always welcome while working or training.

After Asmodina gives away the papers as prizes, the three winning contestants will have 24 hours to understand them and find our treasures. Deadline passed, we'll release copies all around the lands, and the winners of the first part will lose the advantage they had (unless they shared their knowledges). At this time, everyone will be able to look for our hidden treasures.

Rules :

-No PM's to any Dawn member asking questions/complaining/whatever about the contest, during the contest. Non-respect of this rule will disqualify you from its first part.

-@6 can be used for discussions about the contest. We won't give any hints there, but we could answer question about unclear points if needed.

Dates and times :

-First part : Saturday, December the 2nd. 9pm GMT (that's 10pm GMT+1, etc.).

-Second part : all three papers released 24 hours after the 3rd winner got his prize.

Prizes (in random order) :

1st part : three pieces of paper and a few skeleton keys.

2nd part :

-Warlord's bag :

--1 cutlass

--1 steel helmet

--2 iron helms

--2 iron plate torsos

--1 tit chain mail

--4 iron cuisses

--4 iron greaves

--3 serpent swords

--50 disengagement rings

--1 rostogol stone

-Crafter and alchemist's bag :

--1 crown of mana

--15 rigs of Anitora

--1 ring of power

--10 Glacmor rings

--50 rings of damage

--8 Bethel rings

--2 rings of Trassian

--4 enriched fire essences

--1 enriched death essence

--6k gold coins

-fashion victim's bag :

--9 different capes (no nmt, sorry)

--1 emerald claymore

Requirements :

Nothing specific. Only a quite good exploring skill. No magic or PK involved (there may be dangerous places and/or a need to go threw pk maps at some point, though).

First part winners :

MagpieLee, Gangmafia and RallosZek.

Each won a paper, 24 hours to decrypt it and a few skeleton keys. :)

Papers released :

The time is up. So we will make the papers public ;)

Here we go:

1-dsactst.jpg

2-spetrf.jpg

3-ksuvyn.jpg

The first hint: You shouldn't only look at these papers, you have to READ them.

More hints will be added later :D

If you had luck and found a bag plz be fair and let other player try to

find the other bags, thanks :D

And plz make a short post here if you found a bag so that other ppl know that and can stop to search for it ;-)

Have fun.....

Congratulations to Toddma for finding the third bag ! :)

One more hint will be made public this evening (gmt). :P

Second hint :

ok, next hint. or should i call it explanation ? :P

these are cyphered texts. there's no way to crack them using mathematics (sorry if you tried), and each cypher has its own key (which are all to be found ingame).

obviously, at least one person found how it worked, almost just by observing or so i heard.

well, one more hint about it tomorrow (if there are still bags in place. a lot of people seem to be quite close) same time (more or less, eh). :)

Next hint(s) :

-You might want to learn a bit more about someone called Thomas Jefferson Beale... It'd probably put you on the right track about the ciphering method (side note : if you ever saw National Treasure (yes, the movie), there are ciphers too at some point...).

-That's the only thing you'll need out of Eternal-Lands. Everything else is ingame (that's why we recommended a good exploring skill : to find the cipher's keys).

-small additionnal hint : all the keys are on Seridia.

Edited by cayuga

Happy anniversary Dawn, and have fun with the contests :P

I remember it like yesterday, when Dawn first cracked :P

Thanks for the comments. :confused:

I just updated the prize list (added a sword). It's been a long time, we kinda lost track of the bags' contents. Probably a few more updates to come. :icon13:

Happy Birthday Dawn and also,

If you can't make it to the first part, can you still come to the second part?

you mean the hints for finding dina ? trade every dawn member you'll see to get a hint. we'll be on seridia. and on @6.

you mean the hints for finding dina ? trade every dawn member you'll see to get a hint. we'll be on seridia. and on @6.

I think he meant the hints to Dawn member locs... "Seridia" is also big :)

Quick question: I received 2 items with the paper, are these part of the hint or just a present :)

They are just a present and the keys you need for the bag ;-)

The time is up. So we will make the papers public B)

Here we go:

1-dsactst.jpg

2-spetrf.jpg

3-ksuvyn.jpg

The first hint: You shouldn't only look at these papers, you have to READ them.

More hints will be added later :hug:

If you had luck and found a bag plz be fair and let other player try to

find the other bags, thanks ;)

And plz make a short post here if you found a bag so that other ppl know that and can stop to search for it ;-)

Have fun.....

Edited by Asmodina

Guest toddma

While tangling with some gargs I got clubbed in the head... When I came to, Paper #3 made perfect sense to me! Using my newfound knowledge, I was able to unearth the crafters/alchemist bag!

Many thanks to DAWN for a great contest!

Small update in first post.

Congratz Toddma ! (to other contestants : 3rd paper is just there to look nice, now : bag was found :( )

I was about to add that the missing space just before "785" was just a typo. :rolleyes:

No big deal, as it seems, but i saw it a bit too late.

As i said i'll add an other hint in the first post this evening (sometime around 9pm gmt). :hug:

ok, next hint. or should i call it explanation ? :D

these are cyphered texts. there's no way to crack them using mathematics (sorry if you tried), and each cypher has its own key (which are all to be found ingame).

obviously, at least one person found how it worked, almost just by observing or so i heard.

well, one more hint about it tomorrow (if there are still bags in place. a lot of people seem to be quite close) same time. :P

[edit]

a small clarification

[/edit]

Edited by cayuga

how can u figer out the code without a key... i thought u need a key before u can figer out the code