Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
szczupaczek

Blessed Body Parts Idea

Hello!

For a while have been considering some idea about blessing your items so you can't lose them while being killed. We know, as many people are cursing when losing rosto and not carrying expensive items, when they don't have any rosto. As far as we interrogated it, it would't probably be able to be coded with the current inventory system (stacking items, items of the same type and so on). so we [which means: WooF and me] moved to a bit different idea.

And there comes Blessed Body Parts Idea.

So... what's that BBPI about?

Here I come with a description.

1. You can use this only when you serve none of gods. Becoming servant to any god cancels blessings as well.

2. It can't be used together with Godless perk. (you can't receive it, when you are Godless, Godless removes it's effect and Godless cancels your ability to receive it)

3. It enables you to have blessed 1 (maybe 2) of your body parts (chest/head/neck/hips/legs/weapon hand/shield hand/back[for capes])

4. Having body part blessed would make you not losing an item worn on it when being killed (no matter how, e.g. in PvP, by mob, weather or harvesting).

5. You would be able to bless your body part after doing a quest for a NPC (or two parts, if it will be this "maybe 2" from point 3). Have no idea for the quest yet, but I thought about using some high level pelts (arctic bear pelts or tiger pelts) and EMEs for it.

6. Every blessing (or change body part for blessing) would cost quite much. I thought, it would be nice not to make it money, but for example 10 EMEs.

7. Blessing can be removed without any payment.

8. It would be NPc named Rajmund Lullus responsible for that. I've already made some chat outline for him, but have not finished it yet.

9. Of course, items on blessed parts can be still damaged/destroyed in any ordinary way.

If you could comment this idea (mods' comments are also appreciated).

My comments:

I think it would give some other option instead of gods for not-godless people. For warriors it would give opportunity to use some better equipment without rosto at the cost of no bonus god-exp/god-blessings. For harvesters/manuers it would able them not to lose items like exc. cape or maybe CoL once killed/died [e.g. in one of these random invasions :D] Maybe this new medallions will be something for non-killers, and since they will be expensive, it wouldn't be good to lose them. This would be the oportunity to save your items in cost of god-exp/blessings :D

Living without gods nor godless would be great price for it, also having to pay for quest/every blessing. Still, I think it's a good idea to at least discuss it over. What do you think about it?

Have a nice time reviewing it :)

Szczupaczek

PS. I hope my language made it able to be understood properly ^^

Edited by szczupaczek

It is thought to be permanent enhancement of up to 2 parts cancellable only by removint it, becoming god's servant or taking godless perk.

Edited by szczupaczek

So basically you are looking for a way to circle around the need of a Rostogol and at the same time try to add something godless without the perk?

Am I correct?

Edited by Derin

It is some other way of protecting your stuff (but only up to 2 types at the same time, with high fee to change blessed bodypart) compared to rostogols stones which protect whole equipement.

Not even counting fees for certain blessing (max 1 or 2 blessings at a time in my opinion), it is quite expensive in terms of having neither godless PPs nor bonus_xp/blesses from gods. I think it's a nice balance (and balance would be maintained by setting maximum number of blessings at a time... it's not a thing player can do. my 1-2 is just a guess to describe, how it'd work).

EDIT

I've managed to get the meaning of your post, sorry that it took so long :D

Yes, that's what my idea is.

EDIT2

I can PM some lineout of the NPC dialogue if you want to see, how it'd look like (the process of obtaining, I mean).

Edited by szczupaczek

or only CoL and train in it :/

You pay with no PP from godless perk and no bonus (def/att)&mag exp from being either Aluwen's/Mortos's any maybe Unolas's servant.

Still, remember that it may break.

Even if it was CoL + NMT combination (if the limit was set to 2)... Could/would you really forfeit so much to be able to train this way?

As for me... why not, let people have this decision. I see nothing wrong in it.

Edited by szczupaczek

or only CoL and train in it :/

You pay with no PP from godless perk and no bonus (def/att)&mag exp from being either Aluwen's/Mortos's any maybe Unolas's servant.

Still, remember that it may break.

Even if it was CoL + NMT combination (if the limit was set to 2)... Could/would you really forfeit so much to be able to train this way?

As for me... why not, let people have this decision. I see nothing wrong in it.

Maybe but to do it you need the time, and if nobody will use it then that will be lost time... And weaker people train more than kills other people on PK(and they need gods a lot), but stronger people uses rosto (full tit plate, CoL, cape, weapon etc.) becouse they have more than 2 good items.

The dominant idea in EL is "no pain, no gain", these "blessed" parts have no rational place as far as I can see. Who would bless them and why?

Making body parts permanently blessed is not a thing I would support, but *maybe* such a thing could indeed be quested for and one time only (1st death it wears off). If not it would be too powerful, or will have to be too expensive.

The dominant idea in EL is "no pain, no gain", these "blessed" parts have no rational place as far as I can see. Who would bless them and why?

Making body parts permanently blessed is not a thing I would support, but *maybe* such a thing could indeed be quested for and one time only (1st death it wears off). If not it would be too powerful, or will have to be too expensive.

Yeah i agree, it would make things a bit to easy, and at least when u pk someone, they gotta spend another 15k (i think, not sure im a newb still :P ) to buy another rosto.

I don't see it not balanced against follwing 3 gods or taking 8 pickpoints from Godless perk. Quite opposite it is quite balanced.

However, I wouldn't like to see more than 1 body part blessed. Accessible only via difficult quest without chance to change it other than starting following gods or taking godless and without chance to make the qeust again. Thus, you're following staying godless without the perk, you make quest to get the blessing for one of your body parts, but once you resign from it there is NO way back.