Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arafin

Equipment

I don't really care fi this has been suggested before or not, I did not see it on the first page so I am remaking, or renewing, or creating it.

Equipment needs requirements. Thats final. At level 12 I had the money to buy a tit serpent....(lots of cacti lol) and it should not be allowed to be worn at that low of a level. Heres a few examples I am sure it will make people say NO NO MOMMY NO PLEASE DONT TAKE IT AWAY!!

Weapons

Leather gloves: no requirements

Wooden Staff: level 3 attack, level 3 combat

Studded leather gloves: lvl 5 attack, level 5 combat

Chainmail Gloves: required level 6 attack, level 6 combat

Steel Gloves: lvl 8 attack, level 8 combat

Wooden Hammer: level 10 attack, level 10 combat

Iron sword: lvl 11 attack, level 11 combat

Quarter Staff: lvl 13 attack, level 13 combat

Iron Broadsword: lvl 15 attack, level 15 comabt

Steel 2 edge: lvl 18 attack, level 18 combat

Iron Warhammer: level 21 attack, level 18 combat

Titanium Short: lvl 24 attack, level 20 combat

Titanium long: lvl 30 attack, level 25 combat

Titaniumn Serpent: level 35 attack, level 30 combat

Armor

Leather boots/pants/torso: none

Wooden shield: level 5 defense, level 5 combat

Enforced Wooden Shield: level 8 defense, level 8 combat

Iron boots/pants/torso: level 10 defense, level 10 combat

Iron Shield: level 12 defense, level 12 combat

Iron Helm: level 16 defense, level 16 combat

Steel boots/pants/torso: level 20 defense, level 20 combat

Steel Shield: level 25 defense, level 23 combat

Titanium boots/pants/torso: level 35 defense, level 30 combat

Medallions

Unicorn Medallion: level 5 magic, level 10 defense

Moon Medallion: level 10 magic, level 15 defense

Sun Medallion: level 15 magic, level 20 defense

Stars Medallion: level 20 magic, level 25 defense

By doing this it causes players to have to level their stats differently. I feel it would add more interest in the game, give them something more to look forward to. I mean most people will make money (fighters, potetnial pkers) and then buy the best equipment and all they did was harvest, so their stats are like basically just in 4 main stats. They later try other things to make more money when they realize that pking can be costly, as well as the trip to get there. It could bring the market back up, give the players reasons to level up other skills.[/b]

i LOVE this idea!!!! ive seen people who joined yestaday and already have a serp

well the reason for that is the people are giving away sperpents...

i fear that people would just start to bitch and moan if something like this gets put in. oh and do not people that realy want to train combat go naked anyways?

True about all that Duran, but when they pk they dont go naked (well some of the higher ones can but I highly doubt they do).

As for people saying they gain levels quicker by fighting naked....I don't I have always fought with full equipment regaurdless and I get same amount of xp as everyone else does. I prolly gain levels quicker too (although I am still 19/19/19, I do not fight much lol).

But the requirements are highly needed. So if they fight naked let them, I for one hate seeing people that started not even a day ago and they have all the best equipment and are wearing it. I got my first serp at like I said level 15. I used it once, killed a goblin without losing any life at all, and I decided to put it in my safe. There is has sat since then.

Thing is people complain in the channels about they have all the best stuff and do not have any reason for money anymore....they are usually no higher then I am now. By causing them to have to gain levels, blam they have no reason to complain about it. I feel if they complain about how stupid it is they have to gain that much to get there, think of other skills. They arent easy to level, but people do it.

I love this idea soo much im gonna tell ent about it, im gonna throw a party, i could kiss you but apparently in your siggy your a man so that is out!

I like the idea in that it kinda forces people to use all the equipment available.....but I dont like it because it's completely unrealistic. I mean, even if i'm at lvl one and i find a sword...i can still pick it up and use it.

But I can't use it very well...which I think would be cool to put lvls on weapons instead.

Like if you're lvl 1 in weaponry...you can use the lvl 1 sword pretty well, and as you get to lvl 2 you use it good, lvl 3 even better, etc...if you pick up a serpant sword at lvl 1, you use it very very poorly, and you also don't gain much exp from it. you CAN lvl up in weaponry with it..but only if you plan on spending a HUGE amount of unnecessary time. If you use a weapon you're more ablet o handle at that lvl, you'd gain more exp faster..and of course better hits.

Anyway..that was my idea, taken off others..not like weapon lvls will ever happen though.

Why don't you make everything cost alot more in the next update. Like serpents could be 9000k or something.

That would put the stake in the already suffering economy.

How? If everything costs 10x as much, then everything would be harder to buy. If u can get a serpent in a day than WTF. In runescape at least it takes a few months to get a rune sword. Thats balanced NOT a fucking day

a few months? why is that? sorry..haven't played rs enough to know much about it...i'm just curious. and i do think that a few months is a lot better than a few days of course :P

This game is really unbalanced as I hear it. A month because it costs 32k and making weapons doesn't give u uber amount of money. (Because it's harder to lvl Manu up)

"Any Dang Fool can swing a Sharp piece of Metal, and hope to cut something" - S.o.M.I

But it takes true Experience to truly handle a Blade and be a real swordsman.

I find this to be highly Realistic and Factual. Obviously, you can easily wield any weapon regardless of your level but it takes Experience and Training to be able to get the most out of a Blade. Otherwise, you're just some fool swinging a piece of Steel around. It makes since that if you do not know how to handle a weapon, you'll actually be at a large disadvantage to some who is of greater skill with the same weapon!

What I find Unrealistic is this game. In this game, some weapons you can wield (as well as some Armor) actually gives you bonuses to a Player's Accuracy. That is what's not realistic. While it's true that some weapons can be made to decrease resistance and friction (being very sharp and light weight) as well as greatly compensating for a person's own short-comings as well as the expected handy-cap that comes from fighting with a weapon, but a weapon can not actually raise a person's Skill level above 100%.

In other words, a person's Potental is directly Porporational to that person's own Skill. In Real Life, When a person Fights unarmed (and is perfectly healthy with no other Handy-Cap) they are (or rather has to potental of) fighting at 100% of their ability to fight. But when wielding a weapon or Wearing armor, this "Potental" drops conciderally depending on the Weapon/Armor that person has. This is most often a equiable Trade off, seeing that person would trade Speed for Power or Speed for Defence or whatever that person chooses. This Trade-off is often necessarybut it requires a sacrifice.

Of course, This Handy-Cap can surely be lessened by Wel-made Weapons and Armor, such as the Weapon/Armor is Made Lighter, Weapon made Sharper, Armor made stronger, Etc. This is all to lessen the Penalty of wielding/Wearing such equipment and thus bring said person's Potental back (at lease closer) to 100%. But no matter how good a Weapon is (unless Enchanted or something but that is only if it is) it can not actually make a person actually better then their own skill.

Now, while you can hold any weapon at any Level, you cannot limit a player to wielding only a certain weapon but actually placing a penalty for wielding a weapon above your level is actually quite realistic.

An Idea of turing this around and giving this whole post a point is to make a "Swordsman Skill". Instead of basing a player's ability to handle a Weapon on the player's regular skills, make a whole new Skill to measure the player's Ability instead. Of course, this is even less likely to happen seeing that it'll actually require thinking and work and the posts before this work work better and actually make better since.