Eternal Lands Official Forums
mkiever

making things for money

Hi all,

I fiddled quite a bit with alchemy and a bit with potions and manufacture.

Can't say anything to crafting.

In my experience it is best to stick with making the simple things

(i.e. fire ess, pot of reasoning or similar, fur gloves, hat and fox scarf)

to make money simple and fast.

The more advanced essences/potions/clothes all are much more

complicated (more ingredients, more complicated ing., much much more food cost) to build

and you gain not that much more.

two examples:

fire ess: two simple flowers to pick, sulfur to mine, 1 food suffices for 25 ess. gain per ess ~3.25gc

matter ess: 3 quartzes to mine, iron ore to mine which is quite heavy to transport,

1 food suffices for 5 ess, gain per ess ~6.5gc

fur gloves, fox scarf: one animal to hunt (3 rabbits or 1fox), thread costs 4 or 2, gain 7.5 or 10

or if you subtract thread cost gain is 3.5 or 8gc

fur cloak: two animals to hunt (3 wolves, 2 foxes), thread cost 10, gain 20, higher food cost

with subtracted thread cost: gain 10

if you throw the wolves away and just do 2 fox scarfs you gain 16.

Am I missing something?

Other experiences?

Matthias Kievernagel alias Tsungafir

That sounds about right Matthias Kievernagel. I am not sure what your "problem" is though. We will not answer questions like: How do I make the most money? as it depends very much on your character and its abilities.

That sounds about right Matthias Kievernagel. I am not sure what your "problem" is though. We will not answer questions like: How do I make the most money? as it depends very much on your character and its abilities.

I somehow expected to make more money as I make more advanced things, not less.

Moved to General Chat, since its not really a Help me topic.

And you will make more money when making/doing more advanced stuff, but not ALWAYS.

Its up to you to find out how to make money with more advanced stuff :huh:

Thats somehow an essential part of the game, try things out, test new ideas, so just be creative :wub:

Piper

1st tip to get rich...

Dont start summoning... ever!!!

2nd tip to get rich

Steel Bars have the major demand in the whole game...

3rd tip to get rich

Dont have fun... work,work and work.

4th tip to get rich

Get yourself a Trade BOT

folowing all this tips u may be rich pretty soon...

(u should know before starts folowing my Tips that i never did that... im a summoner, i barely make steel bars, i always try to have fun instead of work, and i have no money to get a trade Bot.)

1st tip to get rich...

Dont start summoning... ever!!!

2nd tip to get rich

Steel Bars have the major demand in the whole game...

3rd tip to get rich

Dont have fun... work,work and work.

4th tip to get rich

Get yourself a Trade BOT

folowing all this tips u may be rich pretty soon...

(u should know before starts folowing my Tips that i never did that... im a summoner, i barely make steel bars, i always try to have fun instead of work, and i have no money to get a trade Bot.)

I've herd from Bot owners they dont make that much GC lol, but yes, Steel Bars = lots of gc. :huh:

#edit - Summong = loss of money now the stones have been changed :wub:

Edited by Shoq

#edit - Summong = loss of money now the stones have been changed :)

Im not that sure... im making the stones... its ways less profitable that any other skill...

NPC buy it for a very low price

and to get till the necessary level to start at stones u will lose a lot of money

I think you're forgetting an important element: Why are you wanting money?

Answer in most cases: to buy more stuff. Why have more stuff? Either you want better armor/weapons for fighting (so you'll live longer) or you want to buy more ingredients to make things.

Either way, what your real goal is, is not money in most cases... but EXPERIENCE.

Yes, you can make fire essences until your old an gray and get lots of money, but if you want to use alchemy, try something in the mid range, like Health Essences or something in the upper range like Steel Bars. They combine a mix of both EXPERIENCE and money.

Also, the game is constantly growing. Not all skills are yet fully balanced. Some skills are easier to make profit at (Alchemy, Harvesting). Others provide more challange (Crafting, Summoning). And of course others are just for the prestige of it all (Fighting to kill or be killed).

If your ONLY goal is to get money and you care not about experience or fun, I suggest harvesting flowers. Couple clicks here. Little bit of walking there. Get to know your local NPC here. And you get money. Boring as hell, but you have your money.

Manuing gloves and stuff like that is definitely NOT good if you want anything other than manu exp: the price you can sell your furs for is greater than the product by a few orders of magnitude.

As for efficient working with stuff like matter essence, you want to make a pile of iron on the ground at the quartz crystal. You don't ferry all the iron, quartzes etc. to the storage, you make them in the mine and get a full load of ME back. Mostly, people don't steal the iron, or not much.

ALchemy and harvesting are always profitable.

Potions start being profitable at spirit restorations ~ lvl20 and some potions of level 40 and up.

Crafting is profitable for the happy few who can make the highest C2 rings (~ level 60) because all the rest don't sell at all and require more to make than their market value. Manuing probably something like that.

Edited by sithicus

There are lots of ways of earning gc in EL. Although the 'better ones' require a quite big investment of time and gc :]

Overall chars can make everything they need, but if you stick to 1 skill alone you can eventually (hopefully nothing will change for the worse) make a quite big profit. I'd suggest some routes but it's best if you find out which is your favorite and stick to that. If everything else fails, you can always fallback to harvesting/alchemy and try to make some gc that way.

The only way to find the best "money maker" for yourself is to try out different items. Either depend on the market for the 'raw materials' or get/make them yourself. And if you thought that mathematics was over once you left school, think again :)

And... also a side note... there have been numerous topics like this posted in the forums. [hint] Search Button [/hint]

I somehow expected to make more money as I make more advanced things, not less.

I am 51 manu, 60 craft and 61 summon :) and im so broke its not funny, barely working my way up. it might take a while but once you find a good way to make money just stick with it untill you reached your goal or you flooded the market its no longer a good way.

btw Water ess might be a good way ^^ i offered (not anymore im not crafting anymore atm) 6gc-7gc for water ess and got 340 -.-

Edited by chaoogie

Tico you are wrong, the gc you put in developing summoning to higher levels pays back really quickly now.... just bought myself some new *toys* in game just from the stones income.

Ok, I got 2 Tips to offer :)

1. Alchemy is a great way to make money, but where you Alch also can increase/decrease how many you can make in say... 1 Hour. Let me just say that alching at storage isn't the fastest gc per hour. Find a good spot with all/most of the resources you need for the ess/bar within a small distance. At the low alchemy lvl I am, I could make about 50-150k a week if I want to, but I like having fun and not working all the time.

2. I have heard from someone who owns two trade bots conveniently placed where people will trade for half the profit of the actual value of the item w/o a long haul to storage. I talked to him for a while and found out what you can be making per week with a bot, and lets just say, you could buy a couple of titanium/steel sets per week. Anyways its alot about location in this game, there are a lot of valuable secrets to find out, and a lot of cool places to discover.

Have fun :)

Knight

Edit: Added more on to a Tip #1

Edited by The_Knight

when you want money, make HEs/SRs, people always need those

But my cold 3500 he's I made in a few trips in iscalrith are still there...cold..and crying :)

You hit the nail on the head tho! This game's economy is perhaps one of the most screwy ones that I have ever had the pleasure of trying to master in order to get rich. Even still I am disgrunted when I "try" to make gc. So, I said screw it, and I started tinkering up ways to get my guildies a bit of gc and help them with developing their chars.

-- Steel bars are not as profitable as given credit to. The materials alone cost more then the bar, like most of the other bars. Top on the cost of fp and if you bought everything needed to make the bar via the market you most likely lost a good chunck of change. If you go the extra mile of turning them into other stuff you might make profit.

Raw goods are where the gc is at. The minute you click mix everything in that trade window lost some of its innitial value. Working in teams, working on site, gathering your own materials, and getting a bit creative is the only time you're going to see a bit more than you started with.

You most likely came from a game like me where crafting items would have some larger wieght in value. Where the higher the skill of the item the more potential for profit you would gain. Well.. in ways its much the same here, however the only gain is you will fail less. Your food cost drops a good bit and you can do the same mundane task all the better.

Tho, Ghrae hit the nail on the head tho, if you can make everything (and in some cases aquire the resources of everything) you will really not need gc all that much. Maybe for some vials, leather or fp.. but thats about it and even fp you could make with a pot skill.

Hey Matthias, I'll buy any Fur Hats you make for 20gc each! I mean, they're low level and can bring ya some decent money.

-Blee

Sorry if someone has mentioned this but I good way to make money is get your manu level up to you can make leather pants and sell them to Trik and so on...

Sorry if someone has mentioned this but I good way to make money is get your manu level up to you can make leather pants and sell them to Trik and so on...

time to go back to school duckyo :P

Leather pants are bought at 40gc each and take 8 food per pants (iirc) that is 6 per pof so...

pof cost 12/6=2gc

leather 7*350/75=32.666

thread 10*2=20

that is : 2+32.(6)+20=54.666

The only way you could make a profit is if you make your own thread, and then the profit is meager. There are no profitable manu items which you can buy ings from #3 and them make and sell. (Only profit is if you make your own bars). Yes, the armors/weapons are expensive but the bars/stones/esses needed to make those items are almost 95% of the item sell value. There is one exception but noone sane buys it =]

[edit]

it is possible to make a "profit" on fur pants but that would mean you have to hunt the deer/wolves/beavers yourself. But if you buy the ingredients from #3 at 8 per wolf, 3 per beaver, 4 per deer you would still be loosing money. Maybe duckyo meant that instead =]

[/edit]

Edited by Nook1e

Get high oa lvl, perk up to 80/92 p/c and make 15kgc/hour + drops from hulda( 2x ac+2x yeti spawn there^^).

Best way for a fighter 2 make fast money, even famous blue lupine bush is 3x slower( and u cannot take anti+ u die of boredoom fast =p).

eMPi

-- Steel bars are not as profitable as given credit to. The materials alone cost more then the bar, like most of the other bars. Top on the cost of fp and if you bought everything needed to make the bar via the market you most likely lost a good chunck of change. If you go the extra mile of turning them into other stuff you might make profit.

Raw goods are where the gc is at. The minute you click mix everything in that trade window lost some of its innitial value. Working in teams, working on site, gathering your own materials, and getting a bit creative is the only time you're going to see a bit more than you started with.

Its not true. Of course, if you are freight hauling iron ore to storage and mix the bars there, it is true. But who is such an idiot to do that after the first week of play? You go to the right iron mine and pile up coal next to the iron spot, then mine iron while making bars, sure you know this. All it takes is FE and FP's or raw meat and mining supplies and you'll turn out 70-80 steel bars per hour. And thanksfully all these good iron mines are overrun with skeletons and stuff that keep bagjumping n44bs out, so you don't lose bags either.

If you go the extra mile of turning steel into anything except hydro bars, you lose money.

Mining tit is faster and better if you have large emu and high inorganic nexus, but not raw materials.

Its not true. Of course, if you are freight hauling iron ore to storage and mix the bars there, it is true. But who is such an idiot to do that after the first week of play? You go to the right iron mine and pile up coal next to the iron spot, then mine iron while making bars, sure you know this. All it takes is FE and FP's or raw meat and mining supplies and you'll turn out 70-80 steel bars per hour. And thanksfully all these good iron mines are overrun with skeletons and stuff that keep bagjumping n44bs out, so you don't lose bags either.

If you go the extra mile of turning steel into anything except hydro bars, you lose money.

Mining tit is faster and better if you have large emu and high inorganic nexus, but not raw materials.

I could've sworn I covered this in my post.

Ever occure to you why coal is such a high seller in the market channel? Why iron sells for 3gc? They're not making earth essence with that coal I'm sure. Yes, ppl do buy ingri to make their bars. Why do they do it? Because while you are making 70-80 bars they're making more bars faster with the convience of not having to work on site. Yes, there are some mixers who prefer only to work at storage.

Steel Bar

3x 8 =24 Iron Cost

2x5 = 10 Coal Cost

3x3 = 9 (At a good fe price) 3x3.5 = 10.5 (Normal Fe price)

That's a 44 base raw good cost on a bar that sells for 39-40gc and you haven't even accounted for food cost yet.

Titanium Bar

8x2.5=20 (That's how much I am going to get just selling that ore to npc)

3x2= 6 coal

7x3 = 21/ 7x3.5=24.5

Cost even without food is 50.5

If you make a titanium bar (and are not anti) I really hope you are making it to use or just like the exp. Yes, almost everyone sees the price of the bar and thinks Wow!? I can make that much?! EXP is usually what triggers people to buy the raw goods on a continous basis. Of course you can bring your raw good price down by harvesting your own items. I covered that already so there is no point in disagreeing there. However, there is still the high chance that I made just as much harvesting titanium while prolly surfing the net, cleaning the house, etc than you made in the time of hauling resources to make bars. Depends greatly on harvesting skill believe it or not. Which brings you to full circle back to the innitial point that harvesting has the most potential to make the most profit. Someone with a harvesting skill of 100 is going to harvest that iron well over 2x faster than someone with a lvl 30 harvesting skill. On site or hauling to storage is not the issue at all. Harvesting skill is. Toss in a high alch skill and your fail rate is down.

Tried and tested: Essence have the most potential for profit gain in alchemy and also imho the most potential for the best exping session also. You might be quick to say hydro is best for profit, however, on the contrary you're not just using swords when you go to hydro mine. That trip to hydro might cost you additional gc that you are not configuring into that 10k amount of the finished bar. I would go into further details but discussion of hydro, but it is not appropriate for public I don't think. Aside from those additional risks, there is also that always possible fail on a bar. No pain, no gain though. ^.^ You can make money in every mundane task you do in the game. Be it making bars on site, harvesting, essence, cotton/thread, whatever. But there is no doubt that some methods are easier(requiring less effort).