Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moebird

Players Online [SOLVED]

When I click on the "Players Online" option from the EL home page, I'm getting the same identical page for 3 days now. I've tried clicking the refresh" button, no effect. I've also cleared my cache, cookies, etc., logged off, rebooted and logged back on, still get the same page. How do I get "players Online" to work again?

What kind of browser are you using?

My ISP is AOL which uses Internet Explorer.

Try clicking: Here. If not then try running a AntiVirus Scan, and see what happens there.

Did a full virus scan, nothing found, still getting the same "frozen" page.

And you emptied the temporary internet files folder?

Under internet otpions there is a tab called "Advanced" select it and check the box with "Empty Temporary internet folder upon exit", then close all instances of IE and start it again and select the players onlune page.

And post here how many players there are online

And you emptied the temporary internet files folder?

Under internet otpions there is a tab called "Advanced" select it and check the box with "Empty Temporary internet folder upon exit", then close all instances of IE and start it again and select the players onlune page.

And post here how many players there are online

Did that, still get that same page. I tried using Internet Explorer directly and got a different result, that one said 514 players online.

Currently there are 521 players online according to the page, and I know it works for me.

Your 514 figure sounds correct, people log in and log out constantly.

It may be an issue with your ISP caching the page?

All seems a bit bizarre if you ask me.

Can you get a screenie of the page you see, both your original URL and the link posted above?

It may be an issue with your ISP caching the page?

All seems a bit bizarre if you ask me.

Can you get a screenie of the page you see, both your original URL and the link posted above?

I can get a screenshot of that page but I don't know how to send it. I tried shutting down AOL and using IE, I get the current (correct) page doing that. I'll try contacting AOL and see if their tech support can help.

I had to go to AOL advanced tech support. The technician had me remove all AOL files and reinstall a new copy of AOL. That solved the problem. Apparently there was something corrupted in the AOL software. The "players online" page is now working again.

Great that it works for you.

and maybe you should really consider the advice from entropy:

Just get a real ISP.

Case closed. Happy gaming :P