Eternal Lands Official Forums
RallosZek

Alc pot

Hi,

<disclaimer>may be a bit premature, but it's constructive critism :dry:</disclaimer>

About the alc pot: it can be very profitable this way, (101gc base price @ ~50gc cost, pending price of the horns), but the recommended level is still a bit low. Imo the potion pot does not have a use atm. All potions are fairly low level, the alc pot has a use (I still use it to make wolfram bars with alc 85). So I see an opportunity here, to add some challenge to the pot skill and make the potion pot useful in the process (both are not really pots you can level on, since they require multiple animal parts per pot). So I'd like to suggest a minor tweak:

• 2 instead of 3 feran horns for alc pot
  • up rec level to 70
  • up exp to 400+
  • (maybe) substitute daffodils for a currently unused mushroom (tree mush or canterell)
  • (maybe) add blessed pot of alchemy, chance similar to modable swords, +10 iso +5.

This would make the potion pot useful, to lessen chances of failures and increase chances of getting a blessed pot, with one less feran horn in the alc pot, it's also more feasible to train on them in the higher levels and I think there's enough tree mush in the game to last the potters for a while :P.

i havent tried/made them yet, BUT i would defin, disagree with the making special 10 and normal 5 isnt that good, theres no other potions like that so what reasonin would there be to make a special potion

although i do think only GMPs and EMPs being the only 2 special potions seems kinda low, maybe have special potions across the board.

but yea alone being a new pot shouldnt be reason to give a special for it.

i havent tried/made them yet, BUT i would defin, disagree with the making special 10 and normal 5 isnt that good, theres no other potions like that so what reasonin would there be to make a special potion

There is no alc blessing :)

Hi,

<disclaimer>may be a bit premature, but it's constructive critism :)</disclaimer>

About the alc pot: it can be very profitable this way, (101gc base price @ ~50gc cost, pending price of the horns), but the recommended level is still a bit low. Imo the potion pot does not have a use atm. All potions are fairly low level, the alc pot has a use (I still use it to make wolfram bars with alc 85). So I see an opportunity here, to add some challenge to the pot skill and make the potion pot useful in the process (both are not really pots you can level on, since they require multiple animal parts per pot). So I'd like to suggest a minor tweak:

• 2 instead of 3 feran horns for alc pot
  • up rec level to 70
  • up exp to 400+
  • (maybe) substitute daffodils for a currently unused mushroom (tree mush or canterell)
  • (maybe) add blessed pot of alchemy, chance similar to modable swords, +10 iso +5.

This would make the potion pot useful, to lessen chances of failures and increase chances of getting a blessed pot, with one less feran horn in the alc pot, it's also more feasible to train on them in the higher levels and I think there's enough tree mush in the game to last the potters for a while :P.

Actually the ingredients were considered more so than you would think. Ingredients are not just random toss of stuff together, but each ingredient has specific characteristics. Daffodils were selected for a purpose in mind and not because its what you would necessarily want. The mushrooms are picked more, and there is an excess supply of them. Just because you like getting extra exp for picking them, does not mean they are needed for the potion at hand. If we were to open the market for things with tree mushrooms, there would be a flood on the market. Not to mention, that the mushrooms do not have the characteristics needed to make said potion.

There is no alc blessing :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29664 (scroll down)

So you can safely assume that there will be quests as well

*](maybe) substitute daffodils for a currently unused mushroom (tree mush or canterell)

Actually the ingredients were considered more so than you would think. Ingredients are not just random toss of stuff together, but each ingredient has specific characteristics. Daffodils were selected for a purpose in mind and not because its what you would necessarily want. The mushrooms are picked more, and there is an excess supply of them. Just because you like getting extra exp for picking them, does not mean they are needed for the potion at hand. If we were to open the market for things with tree mushrooms, there would be a flood on the market. Not to mention, that the mushrooms do not have the characteristics needed to make said potion.

Please elaborate on these characteristics, because personally, I prefer the daffodills, as they're faster to harvest and harvest exp on plants doesn't mean anything to me (harvesting them cheats me outof rare stones and I'm way past the need to increase my harvest level).

As for a market flood, you're basically saying they never will become useful, because the longer you wait to make them useful, the bigger the flood no?

As for the alc god coming in game, it's good to see that post is recent :) However, it doesn't require you to stick a skill blessing with those quests. It would suit Elandria way more to give a temporary increased rares blessing and give potters something unique for their highly developped skill.

Edited by RallosZek

not really difficult to overcome

possible solution:

first step: make them bought by a shop, but for low gc each to not flood with gc. People will make a few dimes of something 'useless except for exp'

... wait a few weeks ...

second step: make some new stuff that require them

done

no flood on market with supplies in store

((this is just one solution out of many possible))

The mushrooms are picked more, and there is an excess supply of them. Just because you like getting extra exp for picking them, does not mean they are needed for the potion at hand. If we were to open the market for things with tree mushrooms, there would be a flood on the market.

That's true, I have more than 120k tree mushrooms in storage.

But that's sad they don't have any use in game. Maybe they could be eatable: they would need cooking like meat, for example, or would restore less food points than other current foods...

Well, I guess the ings for new pots are fine, havent bought the books yet, though.

And not going to, SRs for xp, TS pots for gc is better imo.

But...highest potion so far(potion of potion) is level 52 recommended. And guys with 70+ potion(77 myself) are still mainly making SRs, because harder potions dont give enough exp. Making SRs is just simply a lot faster exp. And, even true sight pots are no challenge at all, i fail like...1-5%, not speaking about SRs(57 over recommended so I fail...little.)

I like the idea of new potions, though. They're just too easy in my opinion, way too easy. If they were like 70 recommended not everyone could make them, and potion of potions would be more useful(when making alch/pot potions). They're nice for gc already, but so are TS pots and easier to get ingreds for those. And I doubt anyone buys Ks or at least hundreds of alch/pot potions, which is needed for reasonable amount of xp.

Potion already is one of the most profitable skills. Making those potions harder(probably true sight too) would add some challenge to potioning and give the higher level potioners some motivation.

Just my 2 cents.

FeLkkU

EDIT: typo

Edited by FeLkkU

That's true, I have more than 120k tree mushrooms in storage.

But that's sad they don't have any use in game. Maybe they could be eatable: they would need cooking like meat, for example, or would restore less food points than other current foods...

I suggested something like that in a post about "minor edibles". It's strange that you can't eat many things in the game, like blueberries, currants, chanterelles, and tree mushrooms. I proposed that they be made into food, but very inefficient food -- say, 30 cooldown for 5 nutrition, or something of that nature. Should be a very simple change.

I suggested something like that in a post about "minor edibles". It's strange that you can't eat many things in the game, like blueberries, currants, chanterelles, and tree mushrooms. I proposed that they be made into food, but very inefficient food -- say, 30 cooldown for 5 nutrition, or something of that nature. Should be a very simple change.

Eating a tree mushroom???

WTF, did you ever see one of these IRL?

No offence, Ent, but there are many kinds of mushrooms growing on trees. Some of them are edible. Like boczniak (don't know the english term for it), which I personally reeeeeeally like.

Re: Entropy (a bit lower there)

Oh, these ones ;) I see... Yeah... they are not really edible :D I wouldn't try cooking them :)

Edited by szczupaczek

No offence, Ent, but there are many kinds of mushrooms growing on trees. Some of them are edible. Like boczniak (don't know the english term for it), which I personally reeeeeeally like.

Oh, yeah, English is not my native language so I guess here is where the confusion came from. The tree mushroom we have in the game is that kind that you use to start fires with a flint, and they are NOT edible at all. Other tree mushrooms can be edible, but not the ones we have.

I'm not good with English names, I don't know mushrooms, but I like googling every now and then so I wanted to know what the hell this was all about now ;)

My findings:

- the edible 'tree mushroom' seems to be Pleurotus ostreatus, more often referred to as Oyster mushroom

- the tree mushroom used as tinder (and the type in game then I think) is probably the Fomes fomentarius, but that one isn't called 'tree mushroom' that often. More commonly used names are Tinder fungus or polypore, or Hoof fungus. Quite some medicinal uses as well: http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/dec2001.html .

I never gave this all a second thought before to be honest, but if it obviously gives confusion like this, maybe it would be an idea to change the name of the tree mushroom in game to Tinder fungus?

There will be some other potions in the future.

Hmm, ok ;)

I was hoping alc pot would be one of the higher level potion crowns as with the way the new bars are setup, it really sucks to loose 10 swords, so you do everything you can to minimize the chance of that loss.

I never gave this all a second thought before to be honest, but if it obviously gives confusion like this, maybe it would be an idea to change the name of the tree mushroom in game to Tinder fungus?

Well, that would certainly keep people from trying to eat the fungus....

Edited by RallosZek

*](maybe) substitute daffodils for a currently unused mushroom (tree mush or canterell)

Please elaborate on these characteristics, because personally, I prefer the daffodills, as they're faster to harvest and harvest exp on plants doesn't mean anything to me (harvesting them cheats me outof rare stones and I'm way past the need to increase my harvest level).

As for a market flood, you're basically saying they never will become useful, because the longer you wait to make them useful, the bigger the flood no?

As for the alc god coming in game, it's good to see that post is recent ;) However, it doesn't require you to stick a skill blessing with those quests. It would suit Elandria way more to give a temporary increased rares blessing and give potters something unique for their highly developped skill.

I wont elaborate on the characteristics as much as I wont elaborate on the future quests that may be in game. All my development work is private to the public. However, considering that I am 1 year away from getting my Ph.D. in wildlife biology with botany as a minor, I can guarentee that all the botanics in game are not just tossed together in some sort of mash. They ALL are being considered for what their properties contain.

As for the tree mushrooms, they will be used at a later date, when the properties they represent become useful to the game. We don't look at ingredients and ask what we can make with them, we look at needs in the game, and use the properties of each ingredient to get the final product--as it should be.

Actually the ingredients were considered more so than you would think. Ingredients are not just random toss of stuff together, but each ingredient has specific characteristics. Daffodils were selected for a purpose in mind and not because its what you would necessarily want.

I wont elaborate on the characteristics as much as I wont elaborate on the future quests that may be in game. All my development work is private to the public. However, considering that I am 1 year away from getting my Ph.D. in wildlife biology with botany as a minor, I can guarentee that all the botanics in game are not just tossed together in some sort of mash. They ALL are being considered for what their properties contain.

I hope you won't mind I won't try this out in RL, kinda have a problem with drinking mercury ;)

But, as said, the daffodils are a 'maybe', I prefer them being used instead of slower to harvest plant and if tree mushrooms become useful at some point, I welcome it.

For the most part, the feran horns are the prob :D Not the horns themselves, but the quantity [edit]per recipe[/edit] and availibility of them at a quite steep investment of 30k for the book.

Edited by RallosZek

As for the tree mushrooms, they will be used at a later date, when the properties they represent become useful to the game.

OK, never mind... That won't stop me making harvest experience with them, and keeping them in storage (hmm... I've become tree mushroom-obsessed... errr... could they be used in manufacturing? naaah, I'm kidding :))