Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pyderz

Fitness/Bodybuilding

Seeing as how I'm trying to be a bit more active on the forums, figured I'd make a topic that pertains to me a bit more than anything nowadays.

Is there anyone else that is heavy into either body building or fitness of any sort?

I've personally been into bodybuilding for about 2 years now. Got into it after being a small skinny kid, I wanted to make a change. Went from about 120 lbs to now I'm around 190ish-200 with 8%bf (body fat for those that don't know). I love it more than anything, and would die without my universities gym. I'm into personal training and love giving out tips and training programs for people, so if anyone has any questions I'd be more than glad to help you out :)

Just because your a game doesn't mean you can't hit the gym :pickaxe:

Heres a little dated of a thread with pictures of how I used to look, and how I do now, the finished pictures are around 180lbs, so think of 10lbs more mass on the pictures you see.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.p...ighlight=ehayes

And just basic pictures of me (about 6 months old now, I've broadened out much more and my chest and back has grown substantially)

n12127454_23130.jpg

n12127454_31727721_2929.jpg

I understand if I don't get many responses, though this is a big part of my life, and I figured I'd go out and post about it. No flaming here please. If you don't like seeing body building pictures, pass up this thread, body building is about showing what you've accomplished, that involves not having a shirt on or showing more skin than other real life pictures. This is in no way showing off, I consider myself still very small, and am far from my ultimate goal, so don't come here and start flaming me like I've experienced on other non-bodybuilding forums. This is my interest that I'm sharing with you and seeing if others share the same type or similar interests.

Edited by Pyderz

I recently started to go to the gym like 2-3 times a week.

Making some progress, although for some reason it's very hard for me to put muscle on..

How's your diet? The gym is only a third of what you need to concentrate on.

1. Eat big

2. Lift big

3. Sleep big

All are very important, though most people have a problem with having the correct diet down. That has always given me a problem, being at my age (19) my metabolism is still very fast and I need to eat around 6000+ calories a day to see any type of gain at all (this usually only means 1-2lbs if that a week)

You will also depend on what you want to achieve. I personally am looking for more mass, I ultimately want to be around 220-230lbs at around 8% bodyfat, much bigger than a lot of people would ever want to be.

So if your looking for muscle, do you want mass? Or do you want to be a bit more tone and just lose bodyfat? Or a bit of both is possible in what is usually called a clean bulk. Where you putt on muscle mass, while maintaining a relatively low body fat.

I'd be glad to help guide you on what you can do if you have any questions ent :)

I eat big! Not sure if 6K calories a day, but usually over 3K, sometimes maybe 4K.

I eat tons of carbohydrates and proteins.

I am trying to lift bigger and bigger, making good progress with that.

Seeing as how I'm trying to be a bit more active on the forums, figured I'd make a topic that pertains to me a bit more than anything nowadays.

Is there anyone else that is heavy into either body building or fitness of any sort?

I've personally been into bodybuilding for about 2 years now. Got into it after being a small skinny kid, I wanted to make a change. Went from about 120 lbs to now I'm around 190ish-200 with 8%bf (body fat for those that don't know). I love it more than anything, and would die without my universities gym. I'm into personal training and love giving out tips and training programs for people, so if anyone has any questions I'd be more than glad to help you out :)

Just because your a game doesn't mean you can't hit the gym :)

Heres a little dated of a thread with pictures of how I used to look, and how I do now, the finished pictures are around 180lbs, so think of 10lbs more mass on the pictures you see.

And just basic pictures of me (about 6 months old now, I've broadened out much more and my chest and back has grown substantially)

n12127454_23130.jpg

I understand if I don't get many responses, though this is a big part of my life, and I figured I'd go out and post about it. No flaming here please. If you don't like seeing body building pictures, pass up this thread, body building is about showing what you've accomplished, that involves not having a shirt on or showing more skin than other real life pictures. This is in no way showing off, I consider myself still very small, and am far from my ultimate goal, so don't come here and start flaming me like I've experienced on other non-bodybuilding forums. This is my interest that I'm sharing with you and seeing if others share the same type or similar interests.

im not into big muscles but if makes you happy and your careful not to get into any kind of streriods to help make you bigger i think its cool,personaly i go for the geek type hmmm shaggy from scooby do has cool body imo :confused:http://www.river-phoenix.org/flight/loving/scooby.gif

Edited by desdamona

n12127454_23130.jpg

im not into big muscles but if makes you happy and your careful not to get into any kind of streriods to help make you bigger i think its cool,personaly i go for the geek type hmmm shaggy from scooby do has cool body imo :Dhttp://www.river-phoenix.org/flight/loving/scooby.gif

I do it for personal pleasure, not for girls, most guys get into lifting for that reason, and thats the totally wrong motivation and they usually get no where.

I have plenty of guys i work out with that are juicing (taking steroids, m1t's, debol, etc) though I'm blessed with good genetics to where I'm staying ahead of some of them without it. I'm not saying I would never use them in my life, but as long as I can get to my 210-220 goal then I have no reason to, I have a vast knowledge of all ranges of supplements, both legal, and illegal, and there are many misconceptions about steriods and their affects, though I don't want to go into that.

But no worries, no roids for me for quite a long time from now if ever.

I eat big! Not sure if 6K calories a day, but usually over 3K, sometimes maybe 4K.

Well on a bulking diet, you usually increase your calorie intake by 300-500 a week, depending on person preference and abilities. Keep up with a strict workout routine and split things the way you want. There are many splits out there for all types of people depending on what your striving for too.

Eating tons of carbs and protein doesn't always equal a good diet. Are they good carbs or bad carbs. (example: wheat bread over white bread). For mass gain you want to get AT LEAST 1g of protein per pound of body weight you weigh a day. I personally get around 250g to 300g of protein a day, where anywhere from 30-50 percent of that is from supplements (protein shakes, bars, etc).

Just some helpful tips, feel free to ask away :P

Edited by Pyderz

n12127454_23130.jpg

im not into big muscles but if makes you happy and your careful not to get into any kind of streriods to help make you bigger i think its cool,personaly i go for the geek type hmmm shaggy from scooby do has cool body imo :Dhttp://www.river-phoenix.org/flight/loving/scooby.gif

I do it for person pleasure not for girls, most guys get into lifting for that reason, and thats the totally wrong motivation and they usually get no where.

I have plenty of guys i work out with that are juicing (taking steroids, m1t's, debol, etc) though I'm blessed with good genetics to where I'm staying ahead of some of them without it. I'm not saying I would never use them in my life, but as long as I can get to my 210-220 goal then I have no reason to, I have a vast knowledge of all ranges of supplements, both legal, and illegal, and there are many misconceptions about steriods and their affects, though I don't want to go into that.

But no worries, no roids for me for quite a long time from now if ever.

Well on a bulking diet, you usually increase your calorie intake by 300-500 a week, depending on person preference and abilities. Keep up with a strict workout routine and split things the way you want. There are many splits out there for all types of people depending on what your striving for too.

Eating tons of carbs and protein doesn't always equal a good diet. Are they good carbs or bad carbs. (example: wheat bread over white bread). For mass gain you want to get AT LEAST 1g of protein per pound of body weight you weigh a day. I personally get around 250g to 300g of protein a day, where anywhere from 30-50 percent of that is from supplements (protein shakes, bars, etc).

Just some helpful tips, feel free to ask away :P

do you find girls with large muscles attractive guys ? :)

Yeah, I guess is in the genes as well.

I always had trouble putting any muscle, and in fact any weight, even if it was just fat :P

I used to be pretty skinny, now I weight 180 lbs at 6 5" (82 KG @ 1.92m)

But in order to gain like 20 pounds, I had to go on a diet of like 4K calories a day, and if I don't eat over 2.5K calories a day, I start losing weight, even if I am not doing anything.

Anyway, how much do you work out a week? How many days, and how long each day?

Yeah, I guess is in the genes as well.

I always had trouble putting any muscle, and in fact any weight, even if it was just fat :P

I used to be pretty skinny, now I weight 180 lbs at 6 5" (82 KG @ 1.92m)

But in order to gain like 20 pounds, I had to go on a diet of like 4K calories a day, and if I don't eat over 2.5K calories a day, I start losing weight, even if I am not doing anything.

Anyway, how much do you work out a week? How many days, and how long each day?

0305_steroids_200x267.jpg

damm hot

scarface is the best reminds me of my homie scarr

Well for one, scarr, for the 3rd time, quit spamming up my topics, grow up, learn that post count is usless, and get out of my threads, along with you zoin, if your not going to say on topic, don't even bother posting. No wonder the community has gone down hill. :dry:

Now Ent:

I am on a 4 day split, meaning I work out 4 days, off 1 day, 4 days, off 1 day, continuously, splitting it up into muscle groups. Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Shoulders, Legs. So I really have about 1 day off every week. When your first starting off this isn't as good, doing more full body workouts can actually give newer people better results. Oh and my workouts last anywhere from 1-3 hours.

Edited by Pyderz

Well, I'm heavy into fitness. I'm a competitive swimmer, Breast stroker and a freestyler sprinter. Amazing sport, I do wieghts about 3-5 times a week along with a lot of swiss ball work which are oversized balls used for unique excersises. In swimming I swim about 6 times a week, and it works everything. It requires, technique, coordination, strengh, core, endurance and tons of mental ability. Because when you are holding your breath or going so hard your mind is spinning and your body wants to quit you have to keep going.

Heres my favourite swimmer in his best event. He is Ed moses, a breast stroker making the American (and later world) records. His best 100m breast stroke time was 57 seconds. It's hard for people who don't swim to understand it.

do you find girls with large muscles attractive guys ?

Well, I swim with many fast and strong swimmers. Many are bigger than me, but I'm a tall and lean guy (they are the kind you don't want to meet in a dark alley). Also, I have met rowing girls (way scarier) so to answer your question des yes.

Didn't see that question, but to answer that, girls with huge muscles actually disgust me.

I don't mind fitness competitors, there is a limit for me, but girls with large muscles or too much definition is a turn off to me. Theres a limit between a man and a woman, and some of them tend to cross that.

do you find girls with large muscles attractive guys ?

It would depend on what muscles we're talking about :huh:

But most likely, chicks with large arms and legs, are kinda weird!!!

The girls starts too look like a male... she loses her charm and i think its not good!

Theres a line a girl should never cross in this muscle stuff...

Nice, Pyd.

I used to do and still do now, weight lifting, nothing major, just some stuff I have at home that I use. It's awesome to see what you have done over 14 months, kinda makes me want to start doing it like that. Any advice you could give me? :wub:

- Sq

#edit - Answer to Desd, no. :o

#edit2 -

yeh stop drinking with ya chav m8s haha

scarr > beefeh

Heh, whats wrong with a social life? :huh:

Edited by Shoq

pfff... there's something in between the stage of a female schwarzenegger and the girls in my gym - they train to lose weight not gain it. Most avoid the heavier stuff like the plague even for aerobics. Now if you train for endurance not bulk you can get quite strong without it even showing. This is the kind of training that is far more suitable for women - and in fact men - than all that hormone stuff. But most of them fear to become muscular.

what do you suggest on flattening out a stomach?

I am 5ft tall ((yeh, yeh, go ahead laugh, but it's all in the genes, what can i say? ;p ))

currently like 97-100lbs and am a size 0 in junior pant size...if that means anything to you.

I am a dancer and get a get half hour workout before we actually start dancing, but that's only 1 night a week for an hour and a half.

I don't have much of a stomach, but it can use some flattening, cuz i'm getting sick of sucking it in, lol.

I really don't eat much, and when it comes to sleeping, eh...usually like 6 hrs...maybe? more on weekends and holidays, that's where it's like 8-10hrs, haha.

I do eat special K in the morning...saturday mornings :rolleyes:

I guess situps are my best bet?

I've been doing those for awhile, and not much has come from it. So, any suggestions would be nice :omg:

Well Kat, in swimming I learned that their are different ways to work your abs. The top ones and a bit of the middle ones can be worked by crunches. Sides can be worked on oblieks. But what I didn't know is that the bottom two and the bottom of the middle ones have to be worked a different way. One way we do this is by going on step and lying down on your back. Then, you have your feet over the edge and you can either hold it in a straight position or kick. Both will work your lower abs. This is why most people have nothing on their lower ones :icon13: .

Also, their are many kinds of situps. Theirs side ones call Oblieks, theirs one were you have your feet up (Very hard) and all sorts of combinations. In swimming it is very important for us, to do flip turns (Really fast somersaults to change direction) and to kick in back, fly and freestyle. This is because all the power must really come from the core, not from the knee's.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

lol...

that's ok :P

I don't think i wanna do that ;p

That's more time consuming than doing a few situps a night

what do you suggest on flattening out a stomach?

I am 5ft tall ((yeh, yeh, go ahead laugh, but it's all in the genes, what can i say? ;p ))

currently like 97-100lbs and am a size 0 in junior pant size...if that means anything to you.

I am a dancer and get a get half hour workout before we actually start dancing, but that's only 1 night a week for an hour and a half.

I don't have much of a stomach, but it can use some flattening, cuz i'm getting sick of sucking it in, lol.

I really don't eat much, and when it comes to sleeping, eh...usually like 6 hrs...maybe? more on weekends and holidays, that's where it's like 8-10hrs, haha.

I do eat special K in the morning...saturday mornings :P

I guess situps are my best bet?

I've been doing those for awhile, and not much has come from it. So, any suggestions would be nice :)

Well Kat, in swimming I learned that their are different ways to work your abs. The top ones and a bit of the middle ones can be worked by crunches. Sides can be worked on oblieks. But what I didn't know is that the bottom two and the bottom of the middle ones have to be worked a different way. One way we do this is by going on step and lying down on your back. Then, you have your feet over the edge and you can either hold it in a straight position or kick. Both will work your lower abs. This is why most people have nothing on their lower ones :D .

Also, their are many kinds of situps. Theirs side ones call Oblieks, theirs one were you have your feet up (Very hard) and all sorts of combinations. In swimming it is very important for us, to do flip turns (Really fast somersaults to change direction) and to kick in back, fly and freestyle. This is because all the power must really come from the core, not from the knee's.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Ok, well for one, they are obliques, not Oblieks lol. :hug:

Sparhawk, a lot of what you said is actually wrong, your not being very helpful to Kat by giving her false information.

Now Kat if you want some helpful tips for working your core, I'll be glad to help you:

Sparhawk, just because the abdominal muscles are long and cover a lot of the body, doesn't mean that the "top", "middle", and "bottom" are worked different ways... lmao.

Kat, theres two main muscle groups in your core region, the abdominals (what many people call the 6 or 8 pack, they are the long and slender muscles at the front of the body), the obliques are the muscles located at the side of the body, these help with rotation of the torso and help a lot with core strength. A lot of peoples problems these days is that they neglect the obliques. Defined obliques on a person will look almost like fingers coming around the side of their body.

There are many ways to work the core, not just crunches sparhawk. Here's a list of exercises I suggest for you, and that are easy to do while you're even at home. I'll even put in () what part of your core the exercises work.

Air bike (abdominals) - This is where you lie on your back and put your hands behind your head. Raise your legs so your thighs are perpendicular and your lower legs are just above parallel to the floor. Curl up and bring your left elbow toward your right side while drawing your right knee in to meet it. It is like you are riding a bike. Alternate sides, continuing the motion back and forth.

Alternate Heel touches (obliques)- Alternate back on forth, while laying on your back, leaning and touching the back of your heel, try not to move your back off the ground, the more strict you are, the better the results.

Side Bend - This is where you can take weights in either both hands, one hand, or even put a bar on your shoulders. Lean to one side, or both sides, depending on how your holding the weight (this is doen while standing btw), this will work your obliques the most, though will give your abdominals quite a workout too)

Hip and leg raises (this is not a type of crunch :cry: lol). This is where you lie on your back and raise eithier your hips up to your chest, or your legs up in the air (while outstreched). You can even put weights on your ankles to make it more challenging. This will work your whole abdominal region.

Crunches - Of course you can do crunches, the proper way is to lie flat on your back, and you can either put your hands across your chest, behind your head, or at your side. Rise up just until your back begins to bend, try to flex your abdominals while doing it, it will concentrate the exercise much more, if you raise to much, you can start doing more damage than good (this being to your back)

Theres many more exercises you can do if you have access to a gym, though these are just basic ones that anyone can do at their house. A combination of these and gym workouts has given me rock hard adominals even at weighing over 190 lbs. Also, abs can be worked practically everyday, with their minimal size, they are fast healing and don't need much rest, so work them whenever you feel that you aren't that sore.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask.