Eternal Lands Official Forums
LemonStar

No activity password [SOLVED]

Hello there. I used to Play EL a lot but stopped playing about 6months ago and I can't log in.

As far as I know I am using the right password (tried as many as I can remember) but to no avail. My chara still exsists as I can't create a new chara with his name. My friend also in teh same position has the same problem... Is there an inactive time that gets the password changed or can we just not remember the passwords. Thanks

Passwords do not change unless you (or someone you gave the password to) change them.

Lost passwords are no longer recovered for a player.

Try hard to remember the password - check you are typing it in the correct case - PASSWORD is not the same as password.

If you have no luck you will unfortunately have no option other than creating a new character and starting again.

If this post helps you to remember your password, or makes you remember that you gave it to somebody else great, if not I am sorry the post was of no help.

Also, if you have not played in a while, you may want to download the newest client and make sure it has the right address in it. We changed servers in Sept. so make sure the info in your EL package resembles the new server and not the old. This too, can make a world of difference.

More Info on new server

Here's an extra caution! Same thing happened to me, and I downloaded the new client. What I forgot was that I could have retrieved my old password from the earlier client since I had it set for auto log-in in my el.ini file in the program folder. The new client wiped out all that stuff including Quest Log and map markers.

Then again, I may have this all wrong.... Anyway, I know it's always useful to keep a copy of your old program folder in case something does get lost. You may have your password stored somewhere without knowing it. Meanwhile, I'm running a whole new character. Still just as fun!