Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

guild list

any reason why it only show up 30 guilds on guild list?

i like to see other guilds, so i can look up the sites

and btw, says top 30 guild lists lol, since when is a guild with 200 members concidered to be a top guild, doesnt make much sense to me to be honest, some guilds are pretty newbish, and accept al

2 of the guilds listed are bot's guilds (shouldn't belong to the list at all in my opinion)

Number of players in the guild doesn't mean anything indeed. There are guilds that #remove inactive players to show how many active members they have.

Some examples:

one of the guilds I used to be in (TC), split to OldCrusaders (with unactive members) and (TC) with active members not to give false information about number of active members to potential recruits.

=hc= removes inactive players every few months

Not listing all guilds gives the listed ones unfair advantage if it is viewed by potential recruits. Not to mention this list was the only place to see who are the guild masters of the guilds. :(

New cathegory 'short names' is very useful :devlish: .

The reason for that is that the guilds list was way too big and taking bandwidth and stuff.

Maybe I will make it up to 50 guilds.

you still list those with a lot of inactive newbie members before those with a few high level people... what if you display a lot less info per guild, with a link to a page with more info about the selected guild? that should drop bandwidth a lot

Name			   Tag			   Founder			 Members			 URL		  
------				---		 --------			  ----------			 ----
Hardcore		  =Hc=			 scarr				 25					  [/url]

thats the only info needed, maby this way you could put up more guilds :dry:

[edit] arghh cant get them under eachother, well u get the idea..i hope ..looks more pro i think

Edited by scarr

Name			   Tag			   Founder			 Members			 URL		  
------				---		 --------			  ----------			 ----
Hardcore		  =Hc=			 scarr				 25					  [/url]

thats the only info needed, maby this way you could put up more guilds :devlish:

[edit] arghh cant get them under eachother, well u get the idea..i hope ..looks more pro i think

I think that a short description is needed as well.

Anyway, it would be too complicated to make a top of the most active guilds. I mean, what is an active guild anywya? One with the most members logging in? If so, that can be defeated by making a few 'mules' and logging on and off with them.

perhaps guilds with most people in a top 200?

From when do people have to level their skill in this game? You can still play the game without leveling any skills Or am i wrong?

to become on top of guild list(instead of putting guilds with most members on there).. read the posts

having 200 members in your guild that played for 2 days and never relogged does not make it #1, jamesjersey

I think that a short description is needed as well.

That's what the url would do.

This is how people know what guilds are ingame, and who the leader is to contact them. Not everybody is only interested in a big guild.

I think it would much more practical and helpful to have less information about each guild and all guilds listed. Besides, current descriptions are only as accurate as the guild leaders choose to make them...it should NEVER replace getting to know them face to face and deciding for yourself. And this can't happen if players have no place to find out what guilds exist.

I think the list should be 'just a list', all guilds in alphabetical order maybe.

Size, quality, top players, etc shouldn't matter.

make it the way scarr suggested imo, with guild name, tag, GM, url, # of members in a row. And don't need to make the url a link, this would not take very much bandwith I think?

I suggest the sorting by alphabetical by tag.

since that's what people are most likely to have seen.

I dunno if the GM is needed, that and anything else can come from the guild forums/whatever... then you know the correct person to talk to for recruiting, diplomacy, etc, instead of a bot or mostly inactive GM :happy:

not having a short description means they have to go further to find it out, so less browsing, but it would cut down on bandwidth a fair bit

The reason for that is that the guilds list was way too big and taking bandwidth and stuff.

Maybe I will make it up to 50 guilds.

What about splitting the full list in several pages (with navigation links)?

I usually get the URL to our guildforum from the Playes Guilds list when i am not home, but i couldnt today, the we're not on the list anymore.....

Poor forums remain unattended today.. ;)

I think it can be listed by the amount of members in guild, even being with not active players. but, like we have in top players, more then only top 30 guilds... lika a top 50, top 100, top 200...

i dont think that more then 200 guilds will be necessary

I really like the way Scarr suggested it, and since the guild tags are there, a short description can easily be found in game!!

I suggest the sorting by alphabetical by tag.

since that's what people are most likely to have seen.

I dunno if the GM is needed, that and anything else can come from the guild forums/whatever... then you know the correct person to talk to for recruiting, diplomacy, etc, instead of a bot or mostly inactive GM :P

not having a short description means they have to go further to find it out, so less browsing, but it would cut down on bandwidth a fair bit

If you want it sorted alphabetical by tag, maybe it would be better to put sort criteria; eg. Sort by member size, sort alphabetically by: guild tag, guild name, owner name etc...