Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

more clicks

i have a mouse with side buttons, i like to use the side buttons too ingame, instead of mouse3 (turning cam) i want it on my left button of mouse

is this possible?

i have a razer copperhead (mouse wheel is abit to far away, so i have troubles pressing it =p)

The makers of the mouse usually have programs to bind the buttons to some keys...I use Logitec mx 310 and bind one of the side buttons to use the first slot in inventory (ctrl+1 or something). That way I can dis with the mouse (in combat) or eat (non combat) if the food is in slot 1

just be careful what you bind them to, especially if you're thinking to bind to several keys at once, per the automation rule

so how do i change it in any .ini file or what ever? i dont want to change my mouse buttons on desktop, cuz i do other things with my mouse aswel

i know, but then it goes diffrent evrything i do, if i play other games, or use other programs, i only need it in EL, aint there a way

depends on the program. some setups like that allow you to load and save profiles per game. some are easier to use than others, of course.

that's your only option

i know, but then it goes diffrent evrything i do, if i play other games, or use other programs, i only need it in EL, aint there a way

iirc you can make diffrent settings on that mouse, like setting "A" is for EL and setting "B" is for... and so on.

When you are about to play EL you just chose the settings thats in "A" and when ur done u can chose another setting that fits u better.

I had the same mouse b4 but i had some problems with it so i unistalled it so i can't guide u thru how to do it but i belive u get a little icon on the lower left side of the list on ur comp, click that and there should be a widow opening where u can chose diffrent settings on the buttons on the mouse.

yeh my mouse has options, can save configs, but i probly have to load it evry time

anyways i dont think its possible to change turning cam without changing zoom in/out ;*(

Edited by scarr

iirc you can only change a location of a special button to one of the mouse buttons not relocate or separate 2 settings on that button into 2, if a button is used to 2 diffrent things both will be set on the mouse button u chose.

As i said i don't remember that much about the abilitys to set the buttons that much anymore but i belive there is a small explenation for it somewhere in the same place u have the configuration option. :ph34r:

nvm i got it, i just use mouse3 option aswel for side button, but rotating camera with side button doesnt work well, tought it would..but it doesnt :<

meh guess i need to control cam with my keyboard, good bye changing cam while fighting :ph34r:

I use a trackball and it suits EL perfectly. Four buttons, ball, and wheel; all programmable 1000 ways. None of which I've messed with for the game, but could I'm sure.

The only thing I hate to admit about it is it's a MS product..... :)