Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sandtiger

About plans for the future (blog post)

It is going to change the my whole view on the game but I am very excited to see what the future holds.

Cant wait. :icon13:

Knight

Edited by The_Knight

The dynamic maps will be on a separate planet, where you can get via a portal, after paying a fee. You won't be able to take any item with you except for gold coins (maybe a few other items as well).

Once you are there, you will be able to join an existing city, or help create a new city.

Each city will be totally player built, and there will be a mayor (elected by democratic vote), research advisor, military advisor, commerce advisor, and so on, each elected by democratic vote.

Players will be able to construct buildings, research new technology, etc. The technology will start at an iron age level, then evolve to plasma cannons, space ships and other SciFi stuff. It will not be possible (or it will be very hard to the point of not being worth it) to bring items from the new planet to the 'standard' EL.

People that do not like SciFi are free not to go on the new planet, in case someone has a problem with that.

Direct quotes from the blog.

In my opinion, this is the perfect way to make everybody (including ent) happy. To the people complaining they don't mix: they aren't going to! (Read before you complain :icon13: )

Direct quotes from the blog.

In my opinion, this is the perfect way to make everybody (including ent) happy. To the people complaining they don't mix: they aren't going to! (Read before you complain :icon13: )

Sorry if it looks like i was complaining.. it wasnt my intention... i know that we wont need to move from EL to other planet... even tough its impossible to dont mix it cause u will have 2 diferent planes where people go and get back... it will cause a social change in Eternal-lands... people talk to each other.

I hope that it works fine and the game become more fun then it is now... i just cant imagine how ppl from a medievil place go to a sci-phy planet... but it isnt up to me to imagine... its all up to u programmers

Good luck on this project

remeber the "past quest" we came her on some sort of ship, mabey this new place is our "home land" mabey a quest should be made to let you be able to get there, i think it fits right in with the story of EL.

Sorry if it looks like i was complaining.. it wasnt my intention... i know that we wont need to move from EL to other planet... even tough its impossible to dont mix it cause u will have 2 diferent planes where people go and get back... it will cause a social change in Eternal-lands... people talk to each other.

I hope that it works fine and the game become more fun then it is now... i just cant imagine how ppl from a medievil place go to a sci-phy planet... but it isnt up to me to imagine... its all up to u programmers

Good luck on this project

You don't go to any SciFi planet, you go to an empty planet. You will have to develop the new tech, it won't be there by default.

Every city will have their own political structure, if players don't want to build high tech stuff, they don't have to, although it would suck if your puny wood ship is attacked by a battleship armed with plasma cannons, which belongs to a more advanced city.

can u make it so u can go the the empty planet offline? get so bored my internet is off... x.x

Lol earl, was thinking of making something aswel

but more sim city like :)

Edited by scarr

This plan also will give wood more use then just firewood