Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morabelon

How to properly pk

lolz i once told Quimbly. if you about to die. CLICK ON DISS RING!!! he and Chosen thout i was serius. :)

btw my way of pk is this (Although i am not even close to a "PKER")

Wear same stuf everytime

bring 3 dis rings + tele rings of closest map e.g. DP arena= duh DP rings

bring 2 weapons

25he's + 6 srs

2phy,2cord,2att 2def potions. thats all :)

cute

Many good pieces of advice, I'll just add a few thoughts.

1. PK is fun, but very expensive fun. Unless you are very lucky, you will get pure loss from PK, at least in a long run. Most people (maybe except hyd harvesters, but they are getting smarter too) have rostogols nowadays, so you won't get any drops. Since PK score was introduced, I killed like 20 people with nice equipment, and all had rosto stones. Also, use that stone yourself!

2. When you know it's expensive, spend your money :)

You would need

a) good armor, check #arm (it should be at least armor: 20 or so, also not too many negatives, i.e. don't use bronze pieces until you know what you are doing)

B) CoL, it's a must

c) weapon, get at least one of greatswords

d) magic rings: at least disengagement and teleport, put them in the first slots so you can run out fast with keyboard

e) SRS (including at least 2-3 EMPs), essences (HE, DE, AE, EE, MagE, ME, SE)

f) boost pots; even if you can't afford drinking acc/evasion all the time, use at least some attributes/stats pots, they are relatively cheap and long lasting

g) summoning stones, catch your enemy's disengagement with them, also summon a lot bears/tigers if you see his/her magic immunity gone

h) all your equipment will occupy lots of slots, probably even 30/36 or so. so take hyperbag-lock key in case you get some good drops

i) red capes, ppl branch a lot these days, even those who you wouldnt expect from :( wear one if you are unsure and have 1-2 spare ones in inventory

i) rostogol stone, once again.

3. When you PK, use magic immunity. Use summon stones when you think it's a good time, for example opponent near death and trying to run away, or his magic immunity is off and you want to perform some special summon effects. If you are very rich you can PK markusweck style (summon all the time). However, please keep in mind that summon bears/tigers are very easy to beat in 2 hits and they are just a cheap source of mana, your enemy can drain them for. So can you, btw. So it might be a good idea to drain your own summons before your enemy does it. However, if you summon just for combat, creatures with no mana are better (for example, armed orc). If your opponent has ICD perk, make him/her regret it. Summon 2-3 phantom warriors if you can afford that. They have armor that is comparable to two steel sets combined, and non-critical hits hit like 1-10 dmg even if opponent has high might. Sslessars might be a good idea too, because they hit enemy all the time and have some hp.

If your opponent has gelly bones perk, use thermal serp/ti long. Great effect :)

4. Guilds. Get some friends/allies in case you need help, but don't try to ally with all guilds. You need some enemies to pwn! :) Also, join a guild that allows attacking neutrals, and do that all the time :)

5. PK is almost dead, get over it. It might be that you will be wandering around pk maps for 1 hour, and only kill 2 20/20 a/d newbies that entered KF by mistake. So spend a lot of time, and you will find some1 to fight :)

6. What concerns combat, try to hit. Noobs sometimes like orcslayer, because it's great damage :) But if you can't hit with orcslayer/any other weapon properly, change it to another with bigger accuracy (jagged, cutlass).

7. Try not to die. Waste summons, do something, flee, dis, use all the possible chances but try not to die. At least it's my philosophy.

Also, as MP said earlier, one of the most important things is staying calm. Be brave, but not stupid. Good luck :)

lolz i once told Quimbly. if you about to die. CLICK ON DISS RING!!! he and Chosen thout i was serius. ;)

Wear same stuf everytime

bring 2 weapons

25he's + 6 srs

2phy,2cord,2att 2def potions. thats all :P

:) i forget to use that helpful information now and then :)

you guys like my way of pking huh? the problem of real pking is this.

Wear full titanium,thermal serp,warlockscloak,no more tears and unbreakable cloak and tons of srs and HE's. AND A ROSTO!!!! DONT FORGET THAT!@!!!!

Wear full titanium,thermal serp,warlockscloak,no more tears and unbreakable cloak and tons of srs and HE's. AND A ROSTO!!!! DONT FORGET THAT!@!!!!

And don't forget that your enemies WANT you to forget ur rosto so don't give them satisfaction

The most funny thing about your way of PKing is the amount of health essences ^^

I guess you always keep a heal spell ready in case you fail restore?

And I've never seen a Warlocks Cloak in PK O.o

I guess you always keep a heal spell ready in case you fail restore?

No offense but if you can fail restore at all you should be working on magic level, not PKing :pinch:

nice advices vytu, let me add some.

1) ALWAYS use magic immune when u run into KF, else enemies will come invis + summon tiger = ur dead sorry :/

2) always MD before u attack, when u see ppl they mostly dont have immune, so summon a bear + md ur opponent, he has like USUALLY ~30 mana left then, if he casts magic immune he cant restore, if he casts restore u can drain the shit out of him cuz he doesnt have MI :icon13:

3) NEVER go afk in a pk map (luci :pinch:) u might die.

lolz i once told Quimbly. if you about to die. CLICK ON DISS RING!!! he and Chosen thout i was serius. :icon13:

Wear same stuf everytime

bring 2 weapons

25he's + 6 srs

2phy,2cord,2att 2def potions. thats all :w00t:

cute

ye rofl, when i used to go pk i used to bring :

-10diss/tele

-60DEs

-200HEs

-30SRs

-10 a/d/p/c pots and 10eva/accu

-rosto :pinch:

gear was : js/os/full tit/col/moon med/mirror cape/bp cape/ red cape/thermal sepr/cutty of mage and tit cuisses of cd removal ^^ ( no nmt coz i were poor :o )

-10diss/tele

-60DEs

-200HEs

-30SRs

-rosto :icon13:

gear was : js/os/full tit/col/moon med/mirror cape/bp cape/ red cape/thermal sepr/cutty of mage and tit cuisses of cd removal ^^ ( no nmt coz i were poor :o )

not good :pinch:

1) rosto + gear = full tit/mirror/cutlass/js depending on enemy, col + mol/moon med depending on enemy too.

2) red cape/bp cape depending on enemy.

3) 20 diss/10 tele 50 srs/160 hes/10 emps, des, mes, enes, MatEs, Ses, aes

4) 20 a/d/p/c/inst/vit pots, and acc/eva.

5) Brod - depending if they guy/girl/guild is shitlisted in our guild for broding/scamming etc.

6) 20 tigers/20 bears

that was all i use i guess :w00t:

-10diss/tele

-60DEs

-200HEs

-30SRs

gear was : js/os/full tit/col/moon med/mirror cape/bp cape/ red cape/thermal sepr/cutty of mage and tit cuisses of cd removal ^^ ( no nmt coz i were poor :( )

1) rosto + gear = full tit/mirror/cutlass/js depending on enemy, col + mol/moon med depending on enemy too.

5) Brod - depending if they guy/girl/guild is shitlisted in our guild for broding/scamming etc.

6) 20 tigers/20 bears

Oo 50 SRs+10 EMPs for 160 HEs weist of emu

and i forgot i also used to bring 20 of tiger/bear stones and sometimes fluffy stones when someone give it to me :o

-10diss/tele

-60DEs

-200HEs

-30SRs

gear was : js/os/full tit/col/moon med/mirror cape/bp cape/ red cape/thermal sepr/cutty of mage and tit cuisses of cd removal ^^ ( no nmt coz i were poor :( )

6) 20 tigers/20 bears

and i forgot i also used to bring 20 of tiger/bear stones and sometimes fluffy stones when someone give it to me :o

not waste of emu if u have to cast stuff like harm + magic immune and teleports to portal rooms/local teleports.

what i mean is, i dont bring stuff for what i have no use, i dont only need srs for restores :(

Edited by Tempest

-10diss/tele

-60DEs

-200HEs

-30SRs

6) 20 tigers/20 bears

not waste of emu if u have to cast stuff like harm + magic immune and teleports to portal rooms/local teleports.

what i mean is, i dont bring stuff for what i have no use, i dont only need srs for restores :(

so u dont use to muchb SRs. just walk instead of tele to portal ^^

everyone has there own style :pinch:

btw my bringing 25he's is that wel......... I HAVE NOT THE SPELL ROSTORE! he he n00b huh?

everyone has there own style :pinch:

btw my bringing 25he's is that wel......... I HAVE NOT THE SPELL ROSTORE! he he n00b huh?

stop spamming pls, its annoying, thx

everyone has there own style :w00t:

stop spamming pls, its annoying, thx

ownz0rd :icon13:

anyway yeh everyone has his own style, thats why some ppl die much MAAArkkus :pinch:

gear was : js/os/full tit/col/moon med/mirror cape/bp cape/ red cape/thermal sepr/cutty of mage and tit cuisses of cd removal ^^

( no nmt coz i were poor :P )

;)

NMT perk, then use a bronze sword, it will last longer. NMT is a must for pking IMO, I broke 3 of my great swords (within 2 months) during pk within 30 minutes of use when I pked at DP. I got the NMT perk and I use mirror instead of NMT cape, haven't broken a great sword in 7+ months.

Edited by Saint

NMT perk, then use a bronze sword, it will last longer. NMT is a must for pking IMO, I broke 3 of my great swords (within 2 months) during pk within 30 minutes of use when I pked at DP. I got the NMT perk and I use mirror instead of NMT cape, haven't broken a great sword in 7+ months.

NMT cloak is actually a must-not-to-wear in PK. Someone may branch it, then you'll cry in bloody tears :D

from what i've heard, Vytukas is right on this one. Well considering getting NMT perk, i talked to several established pkers and fighters, most of them said they never wear NMT in pk. Peach, I'd think that you, as someone who owns a branch, wouldn't be so carefree? o_0

He always pk in dp arena, very rare in other maps, most of newbies or even dp arena alts dont have brod nor use mana destruction rings so peach items r rather safe and he isnt forced to use red cape, but no drop day in kf/td is another story :pickaxe:

mp

He always pk in dp arena, very rare in other maps, most of newbies or even dp arena alts dont have brod nor use mana destruction rings so peach items r rather safe and he isnt forced to use red cape, but no drop day in kf/td is another story :pickaxe:

mp

ye when i go in td/kf on no drop days, i usually have red cape :icon13: ( i always got 2 red capes in inv )

edit : the first and only time i got brod was in dp arena by sephiroth's brother :icon13:

Edited by Peach