Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morabelon

How to properly pk

Hi morabelon Here:0)

Can you explane how to pk in a pk area for experience and what is the proper way to do it. I had an experience when I was really new where I walked into a pk area not realizing what I did till it was to late, died came back and a player told me he would give me my bag back to follow him to a cave in nc I did another pk area and he killed me again. The funny part another player was there and killed him immediatly after good kara I think. I am still new starting on the 2nd month of play and can you explain the pk thing to me please. Thank you!

Edited by morabelon

Lol, the first guy made u fool!

1st rule everytime u got into a pk map be ready to be killed by someone! no one have merci in pk maps

2nd if u carry expensive items be sure ure with a rostogol stone with u or u will lose money

3rd stay alive the most u can

4rd if u dont like those rules dont go to pk maps!

There r many more experienced PKers than me(like Nitager, Scarr, Matess, sMooMs etc), but i can tell u one thing: do not trust ppl, as soon as u r on pk most of them will kill u, no matter how nice they were 2 u.

U wanna pk= u need high a/d/p/c( fluffy+) and strong guild that will protect u+ a lot of money( pk is very expensive so besides high combat lvl u need also very good equipment.

And also important thing:u always need 2 keep calm. 4 example: u see 3 ppl from top10 and 2 weak fighters chasing after u, u still need 2 know when run, and when fight( and when use diss and tele ring/spell;p).

PK is pretty comlicated these days, unless u have great advantage in power and equipment over ur opponent.

Dont be angry if u die 10, 20 or 100 times, all ppl die on pk, learn from ur mistakes.

edit: lol Angel, since he cannot pm me ingame i just wrote little guide( im such a nice forum troll :hug: )

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

If you want the edge spend rl money on the exotic items as well as

Use of higher quality items: EMPS, GHP (rarely used), Ring of Power, Ring of Massive Mana destruction, Crown of Life, potions for accuracy/evasion etc.

Also, summoning stones can be very effective.

Lastly, a good magic lvl is needed. Meaning you can never fail spells such as mana drain, restoration, magic immunity and harm - all of which are used in PK extensively.

uhmm... does he not mean pvp instead of PK?

Anyway... let me tell you a few things about avoiding pk'ers. You want your friend and yourself to train undisturbed. This is best done in areas where the pk'ers are unlikely to show up. In the ideal case, there are also no nasty monsters around. I leave it to you to find suitable pk areas but they are NOT in any arena in c1.

Also, disengagement rings / teleport maneuver you must practice and master to flee the battle.

proper pk ?

as low level player try to get atleast a tit chain,serp and a mirror, then u can go Curt_style hang all day long out in arenas to pwn nubs 0.o

or woodeh style, go pole jump and attack weaker playa ;D

Morabelon Here HI!

You know they 're a lot of nice people that gave me some good info! Thanks!

For those who forgot that they were new once, oh well! Thank you to those who sincerly took my post and contributed as to help and I received some good tips here.I Love the game and maybe I won't be new forever. I didn't think out the magic angle though. I do have diss rings and teleport rings now that I have learned a wee bit. I like exploring all the maps, even the pk maps and yes I have died more then once and more then I have fingers and toes, and yes I limit the expensive items when I travel to dangerous places. Its all good though, and I have fun even when I run in to a few of the knukleheads that are in any good game. Good luck to all and have fun.

Mora.

Edited by morabelon

1 - Do not enter a PK area or map unless you are prepared to lose everything you have on you

- If you don't want to lose it either don't enter the PK zone or have a Rostogal stone

2 - The risk is high, but considering the amount of xp possible while training, some risk is a must in the game.

3 - Trust and respect are earned over time. How you act with others during trades and at storages reflects on who you are. It may not save your ass in a PK zone... but it could limit the number of people just looking for an easy kill.

4 - Probably best to train on creatures and monsters for a while before attempting pvp training. It will take a while to get high enough health and magic levels to keep you alive in a PK map even while pvp training.

- Just a rule of thumb but I would suggest at *least* being able to kill male orcs without a weapon and in steel chain armor before attempting PK maps

- The higher your levels, the safer you are - but do not get cocky, if you go in no matter what your levels, you could be visiting the underworld shortly.

Knight gave a good comment on magic, I'll give you another. Don't go to PK without a minimum of level 30 magic. Restore is still crappy at that level true, but at that level you're probably only PvPing anyways.

Why 30? Well, personally, I wouldn't hold back to place a couple harms on PvPers (if I dislike them seriously, I don't attack every random PvPer). I can do quite high damage with harms that kill anyone pretty quickly if they're at low hp.

So, in other words, one of your most important spells next to restore is Magic Immunity.

-Blee

Mora here!

Thank you Ghrae and Bleeding Soul as well all the others that have spoken kindly and with sound advise.

Thank you!

Edited by morabelon

Mora here!

Thank you Ghrae and Bleeding Soul as well all the others that have spoken kindly and with sound advise.

Thank you!

Well if you're interested you can PM me ingame. I've given PK classes before to the IRON guild. Some nice PKers sprouted out of there even tho they didn't enter PK very often.

-Blee

practise on Ants, they enter kilaran field alot :cry:

lol its not good to lure noobs on pks :blink: u forgot to tell him fluffys and chims and enven stronger monters such as me patrol there :D

plus he'd get pwned by the ants ^^

~TommyKnocker.

Edited by Michic0_oL

Watch out for traps! I asked a n00b to fight and he said ok and shortly after I entered PK a 'Bigger guy' jumped on my back and I took a free trip to the underworld. Take care for invisible thugs and ppl that harm you in pvp...my advice is not much because I only tell from my own DPa experience.

Edited by Garnoo

1 Trust only your PK Skill

2 Use Boost

3 Use Magic Immune

4 Mana Drain/Harm as hell if need

5 Dont scare to attack PPL with higher a/d ,you can PWN them or made diss+tele ( Hi Mango)

6 If you PK some lil newbies-gave their cheap stuff back,they will help you next time,you'll see

Thats my PK rules

There isn't a 'proper' way to PK, theres many different styles, defensive, attack, magic, summon, you just need to see whats best for you. I know alot about it, because I did it for ~6months straight.

I've got my fair share of good PK drops too, I don't mean Tit Chains or whatever, I'm talking bags with over 500K of stuff in them. I know all the tricks, but I keep my PK skills secret, because I don't want other people getting them and using them, PK should be developed yourself, and with your own skills/tactics, not other peoples.

Thats just my opinion though. :D

If u on no multi map fighting somebody and naabs came around to try to get your dis, flee and get the naabs first, runing out mana? summon and drain your summon :D

If u on no multi map fighting somebody and naabs came around to try to get your dis, flee and get the naabs first, runing out mana? summon and drain your summon :D

but before killing the noobs, mana drain em first :D

and i agree with liquid, developpe ur pk style and get ur self famous B)

lolz i once told Quimbly. if you about to die. CLICK ON DISS RING!!! he and Chosen thout i was serius. :D

btw my way of pk is this (Although i am not even close to a "PKER")

Wear same stuf everytime

bring 3 dis rings + tele rings of closest map e.g. DP arena= duh DP rings

bring 2 weapons

25he's + 6 srs

2phy,2cord,2att 2def potions. thats all B)

Edited by exeus101