Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Racism

Yea but if people are in there talking about spiderman or some other crazy crap, they dont want people suddenly flooding it with political talk

Well, the OTF forum I use most often Clickety Click is very free-wheeling.

Polictics (US, Haitian, Iraqi etc.) forum games, music, smoking dope, life on Mars, Poetry, and homework help are just some of today's topics.

If peeps don't want to read about <enter subject here> they can choose another thread.

i live in england, the only haitian expirience ive had is playing GTA: Vice City

Well sooorrrrrryyyyy, im from somerset, it would explain the bad grammer :P

Wow, it been a while and it took me some time to read through this post. Ent, I agree with you about the sensorship stuff; I think I could point out dozens of problems with the government of ANY country that we could talk about or ANY politico-economic ideology. As for spiritus, the first time I met him in the game he was VERY offensive and did quiet a bit more than cross the line. To be fair, though, I have seen him back more recently in the game and he has been much tamer. I think whatever problem he had with knowing the boundaries he has probably figured them out. :shock: Never thought I would say that..... :shock:

I don't even understand why does entropy allows livingston to post this topic on ban forum...

today , Livingston said a lot of shit to me on market channel and like in everyone's log he started saying shit 1st i asked if a mod would stop him from saying shit but , Slayton the mod didn't do anything about it so i had to reply with words slayton think the words was good enough to tranfer me to general chat

but what about him? notthing happened to him but my question is why does he get to put up topic under ban about what i say? and not him...

Guest Gothic-Rose
Also livingston just wants to get me in trouble not because of this i think is because he is an annoying little noob.

Anyways livingston you posted this on the wrong forum.

It belongs in abuse shouldn't it?

I don't even understand why does entropy allows livingston to post this topic on ban forum...

today , Livingston said a lot of shit to me on market channel and like in everyone's log he started saying shit 1st i asked if a mod would stop him from saying shit but , Slayton the mod didn't do anything about it so i had to reply with words slayton think the words was good enough to tranfer me to general chat  

but what about him? notthing happened to him but my question is why does he get to put up topic under ban about what i  say? and not him...

Livingston has not even posted to this topic, so perhaps you should get your facts right before you attempt to sling mud at him because YOU have the grudge against HIM - not the other way around.

All evidence here makes it very obvious who has the problem with who. Makaveli made a post here about you and you automatically get it into your head that Livingston is trying to get you into trouble. And for some weird reason you continue to post about Livingston even though he has not said a single word about you on this entire forum, let alone this thread about your racist comments (which I too have witnessed and have screenshots of).

You PMed me out-of-nowhere a few weeks back, and said you bet I was wondering why you contacted me. Although I was not even slightly curious, the polite thing to do was respond, which I did a couple of days later (it took that long as you logged off right after you PMed me). A day or two after that (as you logged out again) you then asked me "Are you really a girl?" I was amazed that *this* was what you had contacted me about, as my age/sex/location have absolutely no bearing on my character, and it's not like we had ever even talked before. So I replied with "Is that what you wanted to ask me?" And then you replied with something to the effect of "I wanted to know what you think of Livingston, because I think he is an annoying noob" (I am more than happy to dig up the logs if anyone cares to read them). It seems to me that you are trying to rally some sort of support group against him because of your biased hatred towards him, not the other way around. And personally that sickens and disgusts me almost as much as your prejudicial comments.

The only reason you find him "annoying" is because he does not share your tainted views towards others that do not fit your ideals. And for that matter, many people in our todays society DO NOT tolerate the kind of hatred that you are continually perpetuating every time you embark on your quest to downgrade people who are in any way "different" to your ideals. Sharing an opinion is one thing, but refusing to deal with someone due to your suspicion that the player might not be caucasion - that is wrong on so many levels that I will not even begin to comment on it!

You should be ashamed of yourself! Not only do you make these hateful remarks, but you try to cover it up behind you just not liking capitalism, and you don't even have the common courtesy to apologise for them, which makes your actions a thousand times worse. Do you think people here are lying when they say you offended them? You have HURT others by your remarks and instead of doing what any good and decent human being would do when they realised they had hurt someone - even if that hurt was unintentional - you don't even have the decency to say you are sorry.

Instead of behaving like a prejudicial bigot who has nothing better to do with his time than make childish racially-based slurs against all and sundry, perhaps you might actually take a step back and consider how your words might be taken by others. I really do not think it is too much to expect that you exercise a little common courtesy instead of spewing venom and hatred from your mouth every time the opportunity presents itself.

This game is played by people from all walks of life, and when someone behaves in this manner, not only does it drive people away from the game, but it also gives the entire game a bad reputation as word gets around, especially in an online environment. I can see Entropy has put a lot of time and effort into this game, and I for one truly appreciate that. But when I see others so blatantly ignoring the rules and trying to ruin this game for others, to me it shows a total lack of respect not only for the players, but for the game creator himself.

If you can't understand why people are hurt Spiritus, and you truly believe you are innocent of any wrong doing, then I feel sorry for you because that makes you a very sad individual indeed. But even more than that, I feel sorry for all those individuals who ever have the terrible misfortune to come into contact with you in their lives.

Gothic-Rose

So did Sprirtus get banned or what? Im just checking out your game, but whats this guy still doing here? obviously hes no good so why is he still in?

Oh and your right gothic-rose this doesnt seem like a game for me if this kind've crap happens why is the mod still stalling about banning this guy? makes you think.........

Also livingston just wants to get me in trouble not because of this i think is because he is an annoying little noob.

Anyways livingston you posted this on the wrong forum.

It belongs in abuse shouldn't it?

but what about him? notthing happened to him but my question is why does he get to put up topic under ban about what i  say? and not him...

Livingston has not even posted to this topic, so perhaps you should get your facts right before you attempt to sling mud at him because YOU have the grudge against HIM - not the other way around.

All evidence here makes it very obvious who has the problem with who. Makaveli made a post here about you and you automatically get it into your head that Livingston is trying to get you into trouble. And for some weird reason you continue to post about Livingston even though he has not said a single word about you on this entire forum, let alone this thread about your racist comments (which I too have witnessed and have screenshots of).

You PMed me out-of-nowhere a few weeks back, and said you bet I was wondering why you contacted me. Although I was not even slightly curious, the polite thing to do was respond, which I did a couple of days later (it took that long as you logged off right after you PMed me). A day or two after that (as you logged out again) you then asked me "Are you really a girl?" I was amazed that *this* was what you had contacted me about, as my age/sex/location have absolutely no bearing on my character, and it's not like we had ever even talked before. So I replied with "Is that what you wanted to ask me?" And then you replied with something to the effect of "I wanted to know what you think of Livingston, because I think he is an annoying noob" (I am more than happy to dig up the logs if anyone cares to read them). It seems to me that you are trying to rally some sort of support group against him because of your biased hatred towards him, not the other way around. And personally that sickens and disgusts me almost as much as your prejudicial comments.

The only reason you find him "annoying" is because he does not share your tainted views towards others that do not fit your ideals. And for that matter, many people in our todays society DO NOT tolerate the kind of hatred that you are continually perpetuating every time you embark on your quest to downgrade people who are in any way "different" to your ideals. Sharing an opinion is one thing, but refusing to deal with someone due to your suspicion that the player might not be caucasion - that is wrong on so many levels that I will not even begin to comment on it!

You should be ashamed of yourself! Not only do you make these hateful remarks, but you try to cover it up behind you just not liking capitalism, and you don't even have the common courtesy to apologise for them, which makes your actions a thousand times worse. Do you think people here are lying when they say you offended them? You have HURT others by your remarks and instead of doing what any good and decent human being would do when they realised they had hurt someone - even if that hurt was unintentional - you don't even have the decency to say you are sorry.

Instead of behaving like a prejudicial bigot who has nothing better to do with his time than make childish racially-based slurs against all and sundry, perhaps you might actually take a step back and consider how your words might be taken by others. I really do not think it is too much to expect that you exercise a little common courtesy instead of spewing venom and hatred from your mouth every time the opportunity presents itself.

This game is played by people from all walks of life, and when someone behaves in this manner, not only does it drive people away from the game, but it also gives the entire game a bad reputation as word gets around, especially in an online environment. I can see Entropy has put a lot of time and effort into this game, and I for one truly appreciate that. But when I see others so blatantly ignoring the rules and trying to ruin this game for others, to me it shows a total lack of respect not only for the players, but for the game creator himself.

If you can't understand why people are hurt Spiritus, and you truly believe you are innocent of any wrong doing, then I feel sorry for you because that makes you a very sad individual indeed. But even more than that, I feel sorry for all those individuals who ever have the terrible misfortune to come into contact with you in their lives.

Gothic-Rose

Sorry i have actually nothing to add to this,

i just wanted to say thank you for this posting,

i bow to your wisdom and your ability to use a language like this!

very impressive indeed.

contentwise i might say that spiritus was the first player ever to make my ignore list, i think on the second day i ever met him.

his disrespect for everything besides himself is showing in every word he says, the first day i thought he was drunk, the second day i realised that was actually him talking, not the alcohol.

very sad indeed.

<--- back to lurk mode

Umm Spiritus...

Why don't you actually look at the names of people who post here? I didn't start this thread. In fact I have not even posted one time to this thread or even (looks at # of posts) this entire forum. Makaveli_Smith is the player who started this thread, hence the name Makaveli. So please read and collect the proper information before opening your mouth next time.

And for the record I too was witness to Spiritus' racist comments during the session that "Makaveli_Smith" is reporting here, so was another player, GothicRose, who was also on at the time and has screen shots of the events. It had nothing to do with Americans or Capitalism, which I can't stand either (though I am an American). It was based on the fact that Spiritus was going around saying that he will only employ white people and he wouldn't hire someone because he thought he was black. Then turning around and saying ok now he is only employing people of mixed heritage. That wasn’t the first time I witnessed racial comments from Spiritus, it was simply the first time I spoke up against it to him and told him that I was going to report it, which is why he had the false impression that I had something to do with this thread, and why he attacked me for it. BTW that day Slayton did not do anything in the market channel because it was obvious to all the Spiritus was the one who was harassing me and I only responded with a half effort on my part as I was busy with something else at the time.

Frankly I am surprised that Entropy has still refused to ban Spiritus when there have been numerous reports of similar conduct from him by many players including mods. There is a difference between being an ass and being a racist. It's relatively easy to ignore someone who's being an ass as they are mostly revealing their own insecurities in the process of their hostility. However when someone is being a racist, that plays on so many things that are constantly being perpetuated by hateful people who we have to put up with in society as we don’t have mods walking around who can ban or mute people. People don't play these kinds of games because they want to be in an environment where they can be abused and harassed for their race or sexual preferences (which I have also witnessed him criticizing), they play so they can be in an environment where they don't have to worry about that kind of thing.

This kind of behavior is a violation of 2 rules posted for the game on this forum: http://eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewtopic....5bffb6cc560b557

It clearly states in a post by Entropy himself: In order to play this game, and not get banned, booted, etc. you have to respect the following common sense rules:

3. Do not insult people, unless you have their consent, and it's not in a populated area.

8. Do NOT harass people.

11. No racism. If you want to have a CIVILISED talk about races and such that is permited, but plain, offensive racism, only for the sake of annoying people is not tolerated.

I fail to see why no action is taken against someone who breaks 3 major rules (out of only 12) on a consistent basis. If the only response we get from reporting such abuse is a reply that we should simply ignore them (using the ignore feature), then these rules should be removed from the board. Otherwise it is falsely implying that these things are not tolerated when indeed they are.

I was really getting into this game and had planned on buying the industry release of it with my group of offline and online friends (who moved from another game), but if this type of behavior is something that is going to be allowed and indeed perpetuated by those in power who stand idly by and allow it to occur when a multitude of players speak against it (see also http://eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewtopic....66d9bb2788db97), I seriously doubt that I have found a new online home that is suitable for my purposes, which is to only be able to have fun and not have to worry about the same garbage that people are forced to endure in their offline lives.

Livingston

3. Do not insult people, unless you have their consent, and it's not in a populated area.  

8. Do NOT harass people.  

11. No racism. If you want to have a CIVILISED talk about races and such that is permited, but plain, offensive racism, only for the sake of annoying people is not tolerated.  

Remember, the rules are not carved in stone, they are flexible. We can't clearly draw a line what is insulting and what not. Some falls into the "free speech" category, some falls into insulting, harrasing, etc.

So far no one posted some really solid evidence where he really stepped over the line.

Having a contradictory oppinion with you is not a reason for being banned. Saying bad things about USA (or other country) is also not a reason enough to be banned.

I agree, he is kind of rude sometimes, but he did not step over the line.

*sigh*

This makes me look bad as I posted defending him. I will repeat what I said though, he never made comments like that around me.

If he did, I would have said something to a MOD or someone else.

I dont care what he's said or done hes still my friend.

and FYI: i think hes left. (celebrate you sad s0b's)

I got a screenshot of where he was being racist, should I post it?  I think it might be enough to ban him....?

POST IT! POST IT! POST IT! just to show everyone :lol:

bubsyneo

Yea plz lock this thread before it gets TOO far outta hand...

oh btw:

A free country is Holland.

GO ENT!!! ^^ Yes I AM Dutch :P.

Blitzo