Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alderan

Issues with PK

Before you just ignore this whole post thinking it's just another person whining about BRoD etc etc, please, I'm trying to make some serious and helpful suggestions, not whine. :o

I've had some of these ideas for a while, got some while reading the "Day of old-school PK" topic

Some things I think would help PK, IMHO;

-Take out BroD BUT increase breakage rates to keep the titanium/steel plates and new swords rare. There are so many more of them coming into the game than are coming out. This is a problem and makes them much less rare then was originally intended.

Plus, Entropy and Roja wouldn't have to deal with BroD whiners. :D

-Take out Tankel/Heavybeard. Armors simply poofing and not degrading and easily being repaired should also help increase rareness of the high level weapons/armors.

OR

-Make the cost to repair the item equivelant to the percentage chance of succesfuly having it repaired. For example,

60% chance that the item will be repaired, so it costs 60% of the GC the normal item would cost. Maybe make two options, 40% and 60%. At that point it may be better to sell the degraded armor and try to buy a new piece. This will also help keep the armors rare, as if it's sold degraded instead of repaired it should not take too much time to break (if break rates are increased as suggested above)

-Take out Rostogol stone. With no drops PK is pointless to most of us. If JjK is right, here's what Ent said him self. :P

Someone once suggested an area to PK were there would be no item loss..

Entropy said that it was pointless, because PK is about killing people for items..

I DID do a search. I didn't completely read through 17 pages of topics, but I skimmed through and couldn't find anything that was the same to all that I'm suggesting. :P

Kudos to Roja and Ent, this has been on of my favorite games for more than 2 years. :)

[EDIT]

I also forgot to add... I think the new magic armors should be removed, or at least taken out of the EL shop. Maybe they would be alright if the chance to make them was MASSIVELY decreased, so that not everyone will have one, as it seems thats where we're heading currently.

Edited by Alderan

With what you said about the new magic armors i do agree that they should be tooken out of the shop so that it would be more of a ultimately rare item that you could only get when someone makes it. This would cut down on the rare items to actually make them rare. In my opinion it would make them TRULY rare.

You seem to be very lucky with Tankel/Heavybeard :)

For me he never repaired anything (didnt needed to go to Heavybeard so far *pats on shoulder*)

But the Cost Suggestion for the Repair sounds quite Reasonable to me.

even tho i dont like the other suggestions much i of course realized how much more exciting PKing would get with no Rostos and higher Break Rates.

You also get an :) for the shop thingy.. i was quite shocked :o when i heard someone telling me that the magical armors and such are buyable via Shop..

At the moment (and as allready stated everywhere) its the Fact: "Teh more $$$ you have, teh more pr0 are you"

I dont like this concept to be honest. This makes it for Newcomers in Pk very hard to start (yeh i count me in that group, even tho i have most of the "required" Items.. but since ive not the skills i have to be careful :))

I know its some very dreamy suggestion.. but since i dont quite like the no rosto idea.. (cuz its also hard for newcomers to get new armors and weapons over and over again) maybe.. oh god cant believe i suggest that.. youre only allowed to take a rosto with you if the value of gc your gear is worth hits and specific point. (if that wasnt directly enough: lets say someone wears gear that is just like 30k worth.. he wouldnt be allowed to wear Rosto or something.. but someone wearing gear like.. lets say.. that is over 300k-400k worth he would be allowed to wear Rosto)

Just realized.. this still would give those $$$s and advantage and the problem would be we needed specific prices on each item.. well.. its just a suggestion.. needs alot of tweaking but maybe brought up some ideas...

In deepest honor,

Scorpius

#EDIT: Typos

Edited by Fabi

@Scorpius

Actually, Tankel broke my CoL yesterday, as well as iron cuisses. And heavybeard broke my titanium greaves. But that is beside the point. :P

I see your point, but maybe newbies to PK shouldn't have those top weapons/armor in the first place sicne they are supposed to be rare and hard to get. :S

Also the thought crossed my mind about how the 60% GC cost of the item would work since market always changes etc...

Maybe make it 60% of the cost that the NPC sells for. This might make it so the new armors are in more demand, and maners could possibly raise prices. Not might work out that way in-game though, hard to tell.

[EDIT]

Changed some things in the above. What I said didn't make sense. :P

And, I didn't mean for the 60% price thing to be @ you, Scorpius. ;p

Edited by Alderan

I have absolutely nothing against your Idea with the 60% payment for repairing..

well im new to the business lets say.. didnt found a way so far to make "easy" money, and i cant fight monsters with reasonable good drops which i could sell. :w00t::D

So a loss of Items im wearing (im a poser.. always wearing teh expensive stuff) would be like an Fallout for

me. i just dont like to take away Rostos completely :wub:

This is just my Oppinion. I saw in other Threads that some (most?) ppl wanna have those Rostos removed

and i can understand those reasons.

What i mainly wanted to say that the use of Rostos should maybe me tweaked. Maybe by limiting to specific lvls or whatever.

Sinserly,

Fabi

#EDIT: darn.. im cursed by typos since a few days -.-

Edited by Scorpius

how about we have a GWIS thing, if 1million gc donated we take out rosto ;D

Is there an npc that sells anything above iron chain armours? I know aluwen sells tit chains for around 35-36kgc but other than that I dont think you can pick up a plate set from an npc, can you?

Which basically means the plate set items that may need repairing using a 60% of value cost would have to rely on market price instead...and that is subject to MUCH fluctuation. In some cases someone could get a free plate set(event, given from friend, pked etc), how does that equate into 60% repair fee?

Not as easy as it looks i think, but a good idea on paper all teh same.

Guest stalag

Branch wont go away ever, no point trying insist on that. There is now a sunbreaker of dest also so it only means they are too stay.

Increase breakage rate ? take out tankel and heavyb ? NO

From what im told is already a pain to need harvest flowers 2,3 days to train or pk 1 day ... so NO ...

I only agree to take the rost away from the game..... or make it even more rare...

People that dont want to pk and need to go trought pk maps have another choices as inv pots... if u go out ask to pkers if they would like to get drops from their PK i think that would be a unanimous YES.

This is just my Oppinion. I saw in other Threads that some (most?) ppl wanna have those Rostos removed

and i can understand those reasons.

What i mainly wanted to say that the use of Rostos should maybe me tweaked. Maybe by limiting to specific lvls or whatever.

This is a good point, I think. People have suggested in other topics that the rosto should only protect the things you are wearing. I think this would be good, so there will still be drops but you won't lose 100k GC+ everytime you die.

Is there an npc that sells anything above iron chain armours? I know aluwen sells tit chains for around 35-36kgc but other than that I dont think you can pick up a plate set from an npc, can you?

Which basically means the plate set items that may need repairing using a 60% of value cost would have to rely on market price instead...and that is subject to MUCH fluctuation. In some cases someone could get a free plate set(event, given from friend, pked etc), how does that equate into 60% repair fee?

There is an NPC in C2 that sells the new plate armors. The iron plate and titanium chain... I don't know what they could do about that.

Branch wont go away ever, no point trying insist on that. There is now a sunbreaker of dest also so it only means they are too stay.

Well, branch could stay, there's not a problem with that I guess. But it's no serving it's purpose. Unless I'm mistaken it was made to help take items out of the game. Since only so few people use it, it's not really doing that.

Increase breakage rate ? take out tankel and heavyb ? NO

From what im told is already a pain to need harvest flowers 2,3 days to train or pk 1 day ... so NO ...

Increasing break rates needs to be done, and repairing armor should either not be possible or very hard/costly to do so.

There are so many more of the new armors/weapons coming into the game, and not many of them are going out. These were supposed to be rare and very hard to get. Pretty soon everyone is goign to have them.

I dont disagree with people who wants to remove rostos, or make they just secure the irems you have equipped. Should make more people go into pk maps im sure.

But removing Tankel/Heavybeard :icon13:. Are you all crazy or insanely filthy rich?

Tankel rarely fixes things anyway, he likes breaking stuff. Increasing breakage and removing my beloved craftsmen... booo hisses. Just dont see the point in getting a lot of steel and titanium armor removed from the game..... thats my opinion.

Alby