Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atmo

"Day of oldschool PK"

Without all that Atmos suggested, I think more than likely people would be equiping aumented armor and tit longs/serps. That would get me into pk since I don't own any of those nifty things things like a COL, rapier, etc.

#edit: grammer

Edited by larrystorch

problem is not many people would go to pk

From a players perspective, I would think quite the contrary! This day would be a lot of fun. And, don't even need to make this item uneqippable that one etc..just make rosto not work :hug:

edit: It'd make the "gc pkers" pk less, but I think that PK would be more active on this day actually

Edited by Atlantis

I disagree.

I believe most non-hardcore PKers WOULD PK.

This day would most likely result in 'teh normal' pkers not pking.

From a players perspective, I would think quite the contrary! This day would be a lot of fun. And, don't even need to make this item uneqippable that one etc..just make rosto not work :hug:

Yeah maybe the day could be "Day of No Rosto use" or something of those lines...i dont think anyone would have the nerves to go out with full titanium, thermal serp, and CoL with no rosto.

Al contrario, I want drops in general :P

Don't even remember my last drop from pk :/

Guest ohmygod

Al contrario, I want drops in general :P

Don't even remember my last drop from pk :/

i got some flowers and bones from ant :D

We have often been hearing the cry from long-term players that "PK is dead". I don't know how hard this would be to implement (pretty hard I would imagine) but it would sure provide a data-point as to if the hard-core PK crowd likes the "original" or "new and improved" PK structure.

As to drops, I suspect that leather armor, essence, and pots are a lot better than nothing but a lost rost message. But I'll leave that for others to comment on.

Guest ohmygod

do we really need a day for this? If rost didnt work on this day would be mayhem from people who log in halfway though it with 500kgc worth of items on. :P

so, iow, you guys just want crappy drops? :P

PKing these days is not about the drops, look how much ppl have fun in no drop day, and no1 got drop at that time :D And still better to get some drop than nothing( becous of rosto;p)

Instead of special day I want to suggest 1 map( not kf but for example nc pk cave), where old rules r:

1) Unable 2 use magic weapons or any special sword/weapons- only normal serp, tit long or other old, almost forgotten weapons :)

2) Unable 2 use anything higher than iron plate set, so no tit/steel plate's, col's, com's

3)No rosto's- so u can get a drop from some1 and, since u cannot use equipment that is worth 1m gc or more, even if u die and loose pl8 set, its not a big deal.

4) No mana burn rings- so fights lasts longer =longer fun :)

That would make PKing on this map cheap, more "fair" and no1 would complain that s/he cannot pk cous s/he is not rich enough.

Btw, im sure that even ppl who r using now expensive equipment would try that map, cous it would be better from normal maps : there would be ppl 2 fight against on it :)

PS. Sorry for grammar/syntax mistakes, i hope its still readable.

eMPi

great idea, i mean i got all those armor like tit plate and stuff, but would be cool to fight some ppl without fighting their steelgreaves of ubber def :D

i bet this will be a lot of fun, great idea omg :)

o.O i remember when it was only the old sch00l way, there was people in kf almost 24/7... there would be random pvper's, like small groups of people who would just sit there all day and talk, and there 'd be the occasional wave of pk'ers fighting each other and giving everyone else a show , if you were one of the "respected" players that wasnt attacked by anyone and everyone lol. im glad someone suggested it but in all honesty i doubt it will ever happen, the past is the past no matter how much we all miss them. cause i know im not the only one.

and the only people that wouldnt go on pk maps are the tough lil shits that need all the fancy st00f to pk people they would normally couldnt.

so, iow, you guys just want crappy drops? :)

pking in the old school days wasnt really about the drops the drops how ever crappy was always just a bonus, people killing the "legends" such as donpedro/cg were the main thing, sure there was still the haha pwned you pm's but then it was actually (imo atleast) to actually kill be able to go into pk and kill someone that in some ways you respected but are still enemys to.

dunno maybe its the fact that its 2am and i have been missing the old days when the game <for me> was actually fun, just a wide eye'd newb that was able to go into kf and sit amongst them and watch the fights go on.

remember the first day when don stopped pking me and let me just sit and watch, i remmeber being able to go to kf at any time and there'd be at least a handful of people just shootin the breeze waiting for an enemy to pop in and have fun. ...

sigh memories of better days .. sorry

I disagree with Roja. Imo, quite many people would love such PKing. It would have the touch.

I love eMPi's idea. (Come and play man!) Such map would be great fun.

so, iow, you guys just want crappy drops? :)

pking in the old school days wasnt really about the drops the drops how ever crappy was always just a bonus,

If i'ts not about the drops...and rostogol stones prevent drops...um.....you really make no sense then :P

I personally believe that rostogol stones ruin the whole point of pking, but that's maybe just me. In all other games people knows that pking equals item losses but here people whines everytime someone uses a BRoD to ruin their items. This day is only a partial solution.

People are dreaming about the days when PKing was more about skill than about the stuff you carry. Now PKing is usually about $$. No matter how would one like to see it.

Thermals, special armours, rostogols - all very often too expensive or rare to get them in normal way in game, but easily accessible via EL shop. Of course for ones that have pay-pal and bucks.

The tactics and skills become less important lately.

*cries a bit after days when KF was full*

<edit>

Didn't mention BroD since this issue was discussed zillion times.

Edited by Gilean

I only came into the game about 6 months ago and it was right before all the new armor and weapons came out and i was still a newbie so therefore i didnt get to pk that much but from what i hear from it im missing it. Its making me make memories of the times :)

Someone once suggested an area to PK were there would be no item loss..

Entropy said that it was pointless, because PK is about killing people for items..

Now, everyone has ros stones. Making this insanely hypercritical.

It's not you.

I bitch at everything in general.

If I truly meant anything negative, I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed here.

Edited by jjk