Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atmo

"Day of oldschool PK"

so, iow, you guys just want crappy drops? :P

pking in the old school days wasnt really about the drops the drops how ever crappy was always just a bonus,

If i'ts not about the drops...and rostogol stones prevent drops...um.....you really make no sense then :blink:

rofl... come to pk then... rostogol prevent drops but its like 15k gc drop -_- its a whole day of harvesting... u got better things to do than hunt for a rosto with ur exca cape and pick axe in a coal mine or silver cave for example ^^

btw i read eMPI's post about thoses special restricted areas about gear.. but thing is.. to make is oldschoolstyle, u got to take off CD... don't think it would really be possible ^^

anyway, ur propostition and atmo's are worth a try :cry::D

i remember once, when i was still on Michic0_oL, i went to KF... and wtf.. Nidans ganged by 5-10 persons, he had his thermal serp on at the time ^^ i mean.. KF was always full of fights... Can u imagine.. having aprox 150 HP, with 5-10 ppl hiting u at 20-40 ! ? ^^ it wasn't for drop, just for fun... now u can't really have fun with thoses CD items? BrOD etc...

anyay :} cu in pk map roja, u'll see whats its like losing rosto over rosto xD ^^

TommyKnocker.

Edited by Michic0_oL

I'd really LOVE to see a day like this, I would skip skool close my door and hang a paper on my door says "Man working"!!

The idea is great, I like it.

However, maybe I haven't read it carefully enough, 1 thing is unclear to me - the transition. What if I am resting with CoL/full tit whatever uber armor/weapons and the new day comes? My suggestion would be you cannot move unless you unequip them :icon13: Might be hard to implement tho

Or simply make an old-school pk map, like some n44b suggested few posts above.

An advantege of map over a day is that everybody could pk when they wanted, not just wait days/weeks/months for a special day to have fun^^.

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

Or simply make an old-school pk map, like some n44b suggested few posts above.

An advantege of map over a day is that everybody could pk when they wanted, not just wait days/weeks/months for a special day to have fun^^.

eMPi

Yeah i like this idea alot better than the day because with the day people just wouldnt pk that day...With the map they would ponder (imo) and go into the map to pk.

Perhaps make one PK map that has an underlying strata of lodestone that prevents the use of any of tne Uber armors or weapons. Just leather and bronze armor and wooden and bronze weapons would work. It would make an interesting place to train and lets face it, no one uses rostos to save their leathers.

Might also say that magic more complex than say level 5 and magical items would be messed up by the strong magetic force in the area and work,if at all, in strange and often detrimental ways.

Just an idea of how to implement MasterPiter's idea, which sounds interesting to me.

Edited by DarkGelf