Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
masoftheund

Storage - Favorates

If you guys could add a favourate listing in storage (after ...Jewelry, Books) or at the top be4 coins. This will help people be able to put the things they use most at storage at one place. However, it should have LIMITED slots.

Kind of customized storage gui would be very interesting. Accessing some of the stuff like flowers-misc-tools requires scrolling - not that this is something one cannot live with.

yes u can live with it but it would be nice to have all the FE ing in one slot or to put all your PK gear in oe spot (i can give many more examples but ill refrain as it would take alt of space.)

If those limited slots are extra slots I love it :)

My storage is almost full :(

And putting different stuff together is quite nice, Pots + Ore + Mineral + Essence = Bar xD

EDIT: typos

Edited by Cyprom

Well. I just thought it would be good to have as an advancement of the current storage. Not neccesarily anytime soon......see you all in EL ;)

I rather think maoftheheund thought rather of kind of customization storage categories (may be done client side?) than adding more slots (over 200).

In my opinion 200 is way more than enough. Hardly ever got over 100:/

Gilean is right. No additional slots. That'll be just too much. It shd only display what you already have. EG. i add red snapdragon, red rose and sulphur to my favourates tab; this shd only display the same amounts found under flowers and minerals respectively.

This is a very nice idea. I would really like to bring back the discussion about this, it's very needed _in my opinion_. Maybe there's a problem to implementing it since the storage categories seems to be decided server side...

But is it possible to make this? (technically that is)

No devs answered here so hard to tell. Also all seems to be very positive about this, in a poll I would bet for 80-90%+ for implementing this if possible.

Edited by Beaverhunter

eh... I'd rather people didn't go with google spellchecking, because it's often wrong (British English v American almost-English, and all that).

firefox should be okay, as long as you set your locale (which isn't as common as it should be, but telling your computer what country you're in isn't that hard)

Of course, spelling-only checkers fall foul of the fact that you can use a correctly spelt word in the wrong way (loose vs lose, its vs it's, etc)

Ideally, people should realise that since it's text, a basic level of literacy would be desirable, but I guess that's uncool these days

Anyway, back to the topic... it would probably come in handy, but it doesn't take much extra time once you know what category each item you want is in... So personally, I think there are better things to spend time working on :)

Think for example when you make SRs... you need to visit 5 categories... that's crazy... That's first of clicking here and there for every visit then dragging back and forth, and you have to scroll 1 time because there are so many categories currently. This _does_ take very much extra time on which you could have played the game rather than clicking.

This suggestion isn't a reformation of the whole game, if it's possible it shouldn't take too long? I guess it's about finding the best way to save your favourites, serverside or clientside?

Also, if this is considered too much of an advantage or the lazy mans way... then add a 5kgc fee for every add or remove? (I would even use it if it was a 20kgc fee)

Commands:

#favourite add Empty Vial

#favourite remove Empty Vial

Can some mod please change the title to "favourite", I tried to search for this topic before but it didn't turn up because it was wrongspelt. My suggestion was much more easy to read...but was deleted the minute after post.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Can some mod please change the title to "favourite", I tried to search for this topic before but it didn't turn up because it was wrongspelt. My suggestion was much more easy to read...but was deleted the minute after post.

1. It's not a contest of who has a "better" post. Besides, everybody thinks their's is better :rolleyes:

2. It was deleted because it was already mentioned and refused multiple times. Read the suggestions forum section rules: that WILL happen, no matter how cleverly worded you believe your post was. (also there were other keywords to choose from than favorite)

3. At the risk of going even more offtopic but this needs to be said, when we need more forum mods we shall ask for them, until then please do not boss everyone around to do things your way. This applies to all forum sections, not just this one.

Think for example when you make SRs... you need to visit 5 categories... that's crazy... That's first of clicking here and there for every visit then dragging back and forth, and you have to scroll 1 time because there are so many categories currently. This _does_ take very much extra time on which you could have played the game rather than clicking.

just need to use the game's current features.. e.g when making SR's, take out feasts, drop em in a bag, take out BQ, drop it in, take out wine, drop it in, etc. for vials and bsf's too. i usually make a bag of 1k and start mixing, don't have to waste all that time clicking then. keeping bag refreshed isn't that hard, just drop in SRs after you mix each inv load and it will stay refreshed.. much easier than going through all the sto windows.

just need to use the game's current features.. e.g when making SR's, take out feasts, drop em in a bag, take out BQ, drop it in, take out wine, drop it in, etc. for vials and bsf's too. i usually make a bag of 1k and start mixing, don't have to waste all that time clicking then. keeping bag refreshed isn't that hard, just drop in SRs after you mix each inv load and it will stay refreshed.. much easier than going through all the sto windows.

You're very lucky your even allowed to make things at some storages. Sitting at storage making this is NOT how the game is intended to be played, so we will NOT make it easier then it is already.

Also all seems to be very positive about this, in a poll I would bet for 80-90%+ for implementing this if possible.

Also covered in another recent thread, suggestions are NOT implemented based on player approval rating alone. Reasons were even given :rolleyes: