Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

asking for an unlock

I'm posting this for my bot, vakana, who has been locked.

I'm posting here because I've been unable to get in contact with the moderators involved (over several days). If more information is needed, I have client chatlog, and vakana also keeps detailed records.

Vakana is a paid-for bot, who has had a number of jokes and games available to the public (though only via PM or a otherwise empty non-official channel, so not, as I understood it, public chat).

A while back, some people took offense at some of the games, which (though I thought hardly offensive enough to make much fuss about) were removed when I was PMed about them.

I was aware that the rules about offensive content applied to bots, but was not aware that it was applied so strictly to bots in non-public communication.

I was told to remove anything offensive from vakana (which, as I said, is tricky because eventually someone will be able to take offense at almost anything, but I've since made my best effort to remove what could be offensive without removing everything; and have requested help from other people in finding what could be removed, which I have followed up on).

I've disabled the games, and from now on they won't be publically available, so no more complaints about them.

To anyone who has been offended by stuff vakana said, I offer apologies, it's intended to be funny, not offensive (although the satirical stuff does use (in my opinion, quite mild) offensive stuff for humour, it's not meant to offend anyone).

In short: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I won't do it again.

I'm hoping vakana will be unlocked soon, to return the remaining services to the public of EL

we're going through the files still.

of course we can unlock anytime if you take responsibilty for what your bot does and say "no offensive stuff left".

if you want to play safe and wait until we are through with it all, it will need some time.

we do have other things to do aswell you know :P

the games/jokes are disabled, will remain so until the checking is finished; and won't be public access in the future (the exact details pending, but it won't be something anyone can get just from PMing).

what remains is trade, encyclopedia stuff, contact details, guild commands, etc.

I can't promise that no-one can be offended by stuff like that (people do get annoyed if there's out of date information, and some people don't like bots trading, in particular some of their prices, etc), but I don't see any reasonable person getting offended at any of the messages.