Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total guilds war

since the effect has to be mutual to set open war, cho, then i doubt the ants will be subscribing. Unless Learner feels teh need to sub them in for open war vs ALL guilds.

how late is 3:30 - 0:30 in europe time? (mi suck wif converter thing)

changes.. but mostly like between 7 and 10 in the evening it's night

Most likely nothing. The clock changes by like 30 minutes per RL day

Is there really anyone that will use this feature for real or are all you guys excited to see what others will do? Because this is just about the high lvl guilds, averange guild can as I mentioned just ask high level players and others to kill the other guild for a small fee--> Destroy alot. Also even the "high lvl guilds" like DiE! and HIM and what ever the rest are called have their flaws and newbies/low lvls... and since its only about the high lvl guilds, who is finaly gonna end up using this since it means all the lower lvl members need to quit to be safe... ?

All ppl here seems to want this because they know high lvl fights are gonna be in front of their eyes == possible high lvl looting... And btw which guild wanna risk getting killed at/near storage where 100 noobs go and loot?

I say all towns should be safe-zones... Outside towns should be pkable zones for the guilds that are in war.

With all due respect, I honestly feel that this benifits more than just the top guilds. Top guilds/top fighters already have KF. My A/d is still below 50. My stats nor equipment that I fight in can even begin to get 10 feet into KF to even have a bit of level field advantage. Rosto's are not cheap even despite forming a collection of them in my inventory from harvesting. Hypothetically speaking, as its hard to see how it will turn out now, my guild comprised of members with similar stats can go to another guild that has fighters of similiar levels and say "Hey, lets have an event war." The minute someone out of the agreed level range jumps in we have the right to cease the war. We even have the option to say, "To keep this fair/fun, use only leather armor/basic weapons." i.e. things of which would not be hard to reduplicate like rostos, ti plate, etc. Basically, imo, the reason why only the top guilds do participate in pk verses these lower guilds is because most of the lower level guilds don't stand a chance due to levels, skill, and gc.

This system has the potential to break that stigma. And I will be honest with you, this game has a lot more player etiquete than most games that I have played. I've been bj'd on fewer occassions than I have had ppl hold my bag for me when I train/mix, or what have you. If someone calls war on a weak guild, I see NO reason why said guild shouldn't pull an ace out of the hole (mercenary fighter) to protect their guild and level the field. But, it has potential to work in many ways. Only you can prevent forest fires.

Also, being of a guild comprised of many alchemists, manuer's, potioners, crafters, etc.. Who's our biggest costumers? Fighters, plain and simple. You might say this makes it dangerous for mixers, but it also has potential for those mixers to make money if not more than they usually would. In fact, I could just imagine setting up a shop in c2 underworld to sell essence, srs, etc during a large guild war. Would not be surprised if those could sell for double their current value due to the convience factor.

It would most likely create guild hopping. I could see myself even compelled to hop because I know the majority of my guild would rather not fight, but being an all arounder-- I would on a level field, but not at the sake of putting my guildies in danger. And the fact that Ent has already nulled the potential of summoned giants hanging out at the underworld exit/boats this is getting even better. Humans are attracted to violence, carebear or not, they are. Why do you think cable is in most every home in america? People are going to watch, cheer for their favorite teams. For every looter there is someone who holds bags.

Sounds good. I also share the concern that newer players might join a guild without realising its at war, so I do like Kwas's suggestion. Or even just an extra line on the guild info, saying that the guild is currently at war (though not necessarily who with), just so the prospective member knows what they are getting into.

I appreciate Jezebelle's comments as I too would not prefer to see lots of battles around where I am trying to harvest my weekly quota of red roses (they are red enough).

I think what you have laid out so far is fairly reasonable. I think there has been a good amount of constructive criticism to balance it out. It will remain to be seen how much the system gets used, but I think it will make it a fun addition to a certain sub-population of EL.

My one addition, as was mentioned before, would be to make Whitestone also a safe map for the following reasons:

1: Lakeside is a massive choke point and newbies may be rather confused when they start playing. Imagine it is your first day and you step off the boat and see a bunch of people PKing. You might just stay on IP a while longer (which actually might not be a bad thing except for the tavern quest).

2: On a roll playing standpoint, Lord Luxin still maintains the Whitestone realm fairly well (aside from a random gargoyle here and there).

3: From Whitestone one can access 8 other maps (SKF, NC, Tars, DP, Tirnym, GP, MM, PL) in addition to IP, none of which are now PK (well, there is the WS sewers).

Hope that makes some sense. This way, the more peacable people could conduct most of their work without scarring their retinas, and those who would rather destroy still have plenty of room to do it.

snap out of it it's just a game it's not RL with ur "oh violence blahblahblah"

if u don't like it, then go play a game like Habbo hotel or something =\

Ad 4 Ok, and how about both sides must declare PEACE to eachother, in order to ermmm make peace ?

No.

Ad 6 Why at night ? Couldn't it be non-stop untill peace treaty ?

Would be more interesting, would add another difference between night and day. More strategy involved, time to regroup, restock, etc.

BTW, one more thing: The summoned animals will not attack the enemies on non PK maps.

The reason for this is that they have a high potential of causing collateral damage (lag, missclicks, etc.)

can peace not be called till the designated time for war is over..like for instance their is one hour left in the designated pk time even if you call truce it wont activate till the end of the designted pk time..that way one guild cant kill everyone from enemie and then call truce b4 enemie retaliates..to make it fair

Edited by mufossa

snap out of it it's just a game it's not RL with ur "oh violence blahblahblah"

if u don't like it, then go play a game like Habbo hotel or something =\

How about "Hello Kitty Island adventure" :D

I like this Idea, it's simple for those who don't like, they simple don't have to use it. IRON has been set up for something like this for sometime.

As for warning guildies or new guildies of war, most guilds use the guild colours to show which are friends, allies, enemies, weird or what not.

Red is usually the colour for enemy

I think learner will use this war feature with the ants, they will only declare war with each other tho

3.in overall..this World will loose its status for being safe to all, being in the presence of a homicide can be just as frighning and traumatizing as participating in one

The political correctness is killing me. It's a game. If you incur fright and trauma from a bunch of figures on the screen wacking eachother (with no blood by the way) then you need to click your heels 3 times and go live in the land of rainbows and ponies.

Still feel concerned that combat is too one-sided when A/D/P/Cs are different.

On single combat maps, how can a bodyguard protect their charge? They have to spot and attack an enemy before they attack the weaker character. No second chance -- once the fight starts they are spectators. At least on multicombat maps they can join the fight.

Make all maps multi-combat? Do we still need the distinction between single and multi?

I would still like to see Allied support; Allies able to join a fight, a specific on-going combat, but not being directly attackable (not at war). The decision of whether a Guild should to go to war becomes more than a comparison of PK strengths, and small guilds may decide it is feasible to fight a stronger guild because of allies.

Consider the possibility of "Night Watchmen" spawns in towns and cities; non-attackable humans with reasonable strength, who are drawn to combats and attack the instigator. More implementation effort I know, but it may give a sense of safety to weaker characters.

Edited by trollson

Make all maps multi-combat? Do we still need the distinction between single and multi?

No, because then multiple players can take over a spawn, and many would get pissed off.

I would still like to see Allied support; Allies able to join a fight, a specific on-going combat, but not being directly attackable (not at war). The decision of whether a Guild should to go to war becomes more than a comparison of PK strengths, and small guilds may decide it is feasible to fight a stronger guild because of allies.

LOL. No way in hell.

Consider the possibility of "Night Watchmen" spawns in towns and cities; non-attackable humans with reasonable strength, who are drawn to combats and attack the instigator. More implementation effort I know, but it may give a sense of safety to weaker characters.

No point in it. It's player's problem if they want to PK eachother.

Killing other players is indeed very fun, and the reason why most people play MMORPGs. Roleplayers are a minority, everyone plays to get mad lvlz and pwn newbs.

Now if we are getting features to improve this, we know the game is going in the right direction.

Nah I cant be arsed to read, I'll skip right to pk'ing everyone :P oh btw, I'd also like Harvesters to use COL more often, then I can have loads of them ;)

:P so ent really does read the suggestions forums! :D

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=26371&hl=

props to me (a few months ago) B) and double props to ent.

What a load of rubbish.

Night watchmen? rofl, lets have dragons too :D and magical horses which we can run around on :D

#edit - Spelling.

not a bad idea liq, ent when will you start the work on magical horses we can run around on? :)

nah, he just needs a minimum word requirement or something.

He has over 2.1k posts, but more than half are just

"LoL :D"

and also #1 here almost every day :P

Edited by Atlantis

nah, he just needs a minimum word requirement or something.

He has over 2.1k posts, but more than half are just

"LoL :D"

and also #1 here almost every day :D

Hmm I'll have to look into that, we have more than a few posters like that :P

Have you started this yet? it shows LoCo guild at war with *GF* guild...

Implemented the guild allies thing. The commands are:

#set_ally_guild guild shortname

#unset_ally_guild guild shortname

#allies_list

IMPORTANT!!!

There are also some commands for setting the enemies, but they do not work properly now, so using them will cause you to ig block the guild you set as an enemy, and various other problems. Those features are NOT implemented yet anyway, so do not use it! If you do use them, don't come to me to fix your guild, because I won't.

I get the impression from this post that you might still be able to type in the commands even if it won't work. You don't mention though whether or not they can actually pk each other on a non-pk map...or if any other problems came up. I feel bad though for those two guilds if they are messed up now...reading is a plus here. :omg:

on the test server yesterday, (i had to leave early due to work) the #frags counter seemed to be working but i couldnt attack radu outside of PK maps. he left to find the bug and fix it but i had to leave b4 he got back so i dont know if it was fixed, and until he posts on the update forum the i wouldnt try it other than on test server.

on the test server yesterday, (i had to leave early due to work) the #frags counter seemed to be working but i couldnt attack radu outside of PK maps. he left to find the bug and fix it but i had to leave b4 he got back so i dont know if it was fixed, and until he posts on the update forum the i wouldnt try it other than on test server.

There have been no new updates since the allies one on the game server. The whole point of the test server is to test things BEFORE they come to the main server. Obviously if it's still not working there, it's not here yet. And obviously if we haven't had another update, it's not here yet.