Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

I like this idea in principle but I have a very BIG problem with it. All of the maps without storage would completely empty out as everyone who PVP trains and the PK guilds as well would glom around storage and start fighting and training. This would cause massive lag that would end any way to do anything in the game. The people who do make stuff would not be able to do anything because of the lag at storages and they would stop making anything but the stuff they needed for their own pvp training since they would be able to level faster that way too. Yes there would be a few who might try to continue their careers as merchants but it would not be worth it because of the lag anyway. So that is a very big no to the total war idea unless you can put a storage on every map in the game.

The ally system would be very interesting because multilple guilds that are allies could get their fighters and harvesters together for runs to the hydrogenium though l seriously doubt that the lag would make this any fun either. Until we can fix the lag problem I just don't see how massive combats would work out at all. Being able to fight stuff with ally guilds on PK maps would be awesome and fun but lag is definitely the death of this idea from start to finish. Great concept but totally unworkable in EL. You have my vote still if you can end lag in mass combats but if you can't then change it to no. I don't really see any other reason for it except to avoid misclicks when small groups of allied players are going through PK maps and since they would draw groups of PKers and it would escalate to a fight too big for the game to handle it just would not work.

TirunCollimdus

Then how about not fucking declare war to a guild you don't feel like fighting with everywhere in the game?

I think maybe the language might need to be watched...not being mean but this game does have underaged people that play and might not respect that word being used. :mace:

Would underworld be safe place?
beat me to it :mace:

was about to ask for these people to go to a different underworld, since that's where a lot of fighting may end up happening, and hence clog up the path for anyone else trying to get out

Not that but... you would need to wear 10 rostos.. or there would be someone waiting for you in hell when you die and harm you and take your stuff.

one of the things I like in this World, is that one can choose to see a citizen get killed by another, by going into a PK area.

I do not look forward to see two persons attack and slaughter one another, on whatever map i walk.

As for allies; my family doesnt believe in the alliances the way they are set out now, because it mostly means sharing the same opions and getting 'forced' to stand behind statements and such.

Therefor, we have chosen to be friends with most guilds in this World, and set their tags to the colour of being 'friends'or 'friendly' or, when we look upon them negatively, 'ignore" or 'be carefull'

My family doesnt believe in war, we are all lovers, not fighters and therefor i would NOT like to be an unwanted wittness of n ordinary fight when Im enjoying a peacefull walk throughout a up until now, peacefull map.

Therefor..I voted NO..I want this World to remain safe..and for those who want to shed blood with one another..there are special maps..

JezeBelle

errm couldnt they just quit the guild and live happily ever after?

Why should they QUIT? If they like their guild? I see many players quitting over this.

Edited by Cleo

nice idea, but the commands should be for rank 19 and 20 only in my opinion, so people wont abuse it to ruin other guilds..

and yeh an option to pvp would be nice, but we can stil kick tho :]

I like this idea in principle but I have a very BIG problem with it. All of the maps without storage would completely empty out as everyone who PVP trains and the PK guilds as well would glom around storage and start fighting and training.

I never endoresed manufacturing near the storages. The storages were designed as a place to store/retrive your items, not to use them as a manufacturing area.

I Personaly dont like this at all because for one thing pkers and pvpers will be pvping and or pking close to storage and every one will become high level and the fact that i know many many people my self being one of them that has major lag when near pvping or pking and because of this i for one wouldnt be able to play any longer cause id get lagged out all the time :mace: and as much as i love EL and the people in it i would and perhaps will miss it if this new idea becomes affective so very needless to say i voted no lol but thats just my thoughts on it no offence ment to any one

__Icy__

Sounds like a great base idea :mace:

One other idea is to also implement the opposite of this command, so you can set a guild as an enemy guild.

If they also do the same with your guild, it will be "total war" between your two guilds, which means you will be able to attack them in any map, and so will they.

The only issue I see (other than the already mentioned problem with training) would be: mutual enemy guilds (those set for "total war") would have no crafters, potioners, etc., as these people would be killed while harvesting, making their products, etc. The guilds would have no choice but to consist of 100% fighters.

As in real war (and this is mutual) you gotta know what you get into. So you stock up before declaring/accepting declaration.

One issue I foresee is that peace agreements, declarations of war or ceasefires (to stock up and treat the wounded) are violated and cause a lot of unnecessary spam for Outlaws/mod team - so there should be a minimum time for which a certain state lasts. For example if you declare war - you declare for a minimum of 24 hours (4 game days) to start once the other party has accepted the declaration.

It does create a very different environment of the game though but since it's all based on mutual declaration I don't see many big problems if there's a minimum duration for any 'state' forcing the both parties to think it through thoroughly.

Yes, the no exp on non PK maps is a good idea, otherwise people would abuse it to just PVP their friends.

However, you will be able to attack anyone anywhere, no safe zones.

Even IP would not be safe? Major change there.

Why should they QUIT? If they like their guild? I see many players quitting over this.

You know, it is hard to refrain from insulting you. It takes all my willpower.

How can you like a guild that is at war with other guilds and causes you to get in armed conflict with others against your will?

Peace loving guild (non-PK) could set all guilds to "allies", thus preventing accidential PK by its members and Pk guilds could set all guilds as enemies and hope the others will do the same.

In general, this is a good idea, which i believe will be used.

( Of course, some will set the enemy factor to be able to train in any map, sorta a free self-set PKable, which will raise some issues )

Guest Annatira

This has the potential of being extremely divisive within a guild. You have some loving the idea, some hating the idea. As with anything in the game, you have a choice to leave the guild if they make a decision opposite to your wishes/beliefs, but this could break up a lot of guilds/friendships/alliances.

Is there any way to designate people within a guild as "fighter" and declare just them as PKable? Or from the opposite view, a way to be "non-fighter" in a guild and not PKable?

I'm reserving judgment on this one till I see more discussion.

Annatira

IP must be safe zone, think if i die(and lost he's etc.) and i will go out from hell and i will be in beam my enemies can wait for me with full armor and he's and i will die again and again and again...

if their guild has a irresponsible gm that declares war on other guilds then thats their choice to stay in. a responsible gm would think very carefully before setting enemy because they should know the consequenses. i think u would see few guilds that actually declare war, and just keep the fighting in pk areas

This has the potential of being extremely divisive within a guild. You have some loving the idea, some hating the idea. As with anything in the game, you have a choice to leave the guild if they make a decision opposite to your wishes/beliefs, but this could break up a lot of guilds/friendships/alliances.

Is there any way to designate people within a guild as "fighter" and declare just them as PKable? Or from the opposite view, a way to be "non-fighter" in a guild and not PKable?

I'm reserving judgment on this one till I see more discussion.

Annatira

We do not believe in protecting people against themselves.

If that would cause guilds to split, well, so be it then. It's not my problem, it's their problem.

( Of course, some will set the enemy factor to be able to train in any map, sorta a free self-set PKable, which will raise some issues )

Umm, they already said, if ur in a non-pk map and ur fighting someone that is flagged as enemy, u will not get experience

Edited by Kill

I like this idea in principle but I have a very BIG problem with it. All of the maps without storage would completely empty out as everyone who PVP trains and the PK guilds as well would glom around storage and start fighting and training.

I never endoresed manufacturing near the storages. The storages were designed as a place to store/retrive your items, not to use them as a manufacturing area.

I did not mention anything about manufacting at storage. I was saying you simply could not even get to storage. The path would not be blocked because obviously that is a punishable offense but since PK guilds would be at total war and fighting at storage and this would probably lead to more guilds becoming PK guilds that are not PK guilds now. If IP and the underworld were not PKable then you would still have camping on the White Stone docks and there would be a nearly non-stop trading of items between the PKers. They would realize that PKing at storage was useless because they would be swapping them right back to each other indefinitely in the underworld unless they could port away from the storage after each kill. Then since you don't get experience for fighting in nonPK maps there would be no reason to use this function and everything would be right back the same way as before the change. The only difference this will eventually make is that the White Stone docks would be a blood bath of lag until someone made White Stone safe as well.

Yes this would make the game more fun and interesting for PKers but it would add lag at storages even more than now and it is already a problem sometimes just to get your stuff. Then it would make the White Stone docks an unplayable lag fest assuming you did make IP and the underworld safe. If not the lag in the underworld and on IP would be unplayable. If you tried to do the ally think in Imbroglio for the hydro or in Kilaren Fields for the mercury you would also wind up losing everything to lag. I think if you can avoid the lag and make the idea workable by not allowing PK anywhere in the underworld, IP and in Whitestone then it would be a great idea even with the lag problems in Imbroglio and Kilaren Fields. It would be worth trying at least.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Um..

Someone creates a newb guild, declares war to a stronger guild, the stronger guild says "Wtf look at this n00b let's declare war to them too". You stay locked in a war for what 24h before you can revert it (or maybe this wouldn't happen?).

The newb that created the guild accepts many top lvl a/d players that are his allies in his normal guild and they own a guild that seemed stronger in the first place..

Also I didn't get the answer if underworld will be a safe zone?

IP must be safe zone, think if i die(and lost he's etc.) and i will go out from hell and i will be in beam my enemies can wait for me with full armor and he's and i will die again and again and again...

Then leave your guild or ask to get kicked, escape from IP and join again :mace:

Piper

Simply said I vote no!

1) I pvp with others in allied guilds - to inconvenient if no GM is on

2) Our guild does have enemy guilds and I don't want to PK

3) Why change something that's not broken?

4) I see many peeps quiting EL over this me included!

allie guilds would be pvping at storage there would be so many people at storage that you would lag out just trying to put stuff in or take stuff out of storage. It would be so easy to level fighting at storages that people who do not pvp now would start and make the problem even worse.
Have you read this thread?

Guys if you wanna big battles with guild who have wars do special maps where only guilds with oficial war can fight, today this is impossible becouse other people(out from guilds who have war) attacked fighters from both guilds and big battles are almost impossible...

Then leave your guild or ask to get kicked, escape from IP and join again :mace:

Piper

And do this everytime when i will die? no thx.

Edited by brein

For everyone talking about the allied guilds issue/wants to train, just don't set the guild as ally then..